• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noonbob

• SmittenCake

• Hiatus

• PMM

4 hours ago, stupidjock said:

@noonbob I feel like maybe this thread could become Tomb Raide base thread? There's so much to discuss :jonny: It's been so long since I've been thinking about the series

Yeah, great idea! will update :heart2:

4 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

UGGGGH, this is the worst part. They took away her backbone and never developed her character fully. I don't buy for a second that the woman at the end of Shadow (arguably the worst iteration of Lara) then goes on to defeat Natla and slays a dragon. It doesn't work. CD had already humanized her with the middle trilogy without taking away her snark and edge. The films did the same thing. But the reboot entirely stripped her of her core characteristics. I wish the badass Lara we saw in the official art for Tomb Raider 2013 is the character we actually got.

Right, LAU Lara's personality was a great balance that showed a slightly softer side to her and it was enough.

I really don't need Lara to be relatable and "omg we are so alike because I have daddy issues too".

She is meant to be a figure that we aspire/thrive to become, but never will. She is (well she was) that *****!

2 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

Thoughts on the reunification Lara croft ?

Pros - Loved the Braid, beautiful Braid.

The classic elements in the outfit were cute. 

Cons - I didn't like the stupid under shirt, like why? Her breasts are small and she has no cleavage. Was it necessary?

The stupid backpack strap across her chest

That UGLY ******* necklace, stop trying to make it happen, it will never have the iconic recognition that classic Lara had.

and finally, that monstrosity of a face! They did her so dirty, like realllyyyy bad.

She is so plain and basic, you wouldn't even look twice. This is not Lara. So if this is anything to go by as to what we will get for TR12 then we are screwed.

• Like 1

Just now, Hey Dude said:

How much realisticly would Madame Jolie want them to pay her in order to AI her face onto Lara 

2007-2-angelina-jolie-567_0-1a69d505150c

They should do it and pay her whatever she asks for!

She is the original live action Lara Croft, and she made Lara iconic in her own way on the big screen.

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

How much realisticly would Madame Jolie want them to pay her in order to AI her face onto Lara 

Lara always has to have a resemblance to Angelina, tbh. Seeing the movie poster for the 2001 film was a moment for me because Angelina looked just like how I imagined Lara Croft to look if she were real. They shouldn’t deviate from that. 

I agree with people saying Lara Croft shouldn’t be relatable. I think the LAU personality was the best iteration of the character. It was enough for us to see her softer, vulnerable side but she still was a certified badass with wit and humor. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, noonbob said:

They should do it and pay her whatever she asks for!

She is the original live action Lara Croft, and she made Lara iconic in her own way on the big screen.

we have the technology 

• Like 1

never played these games so i might check it out the series that inspired uncharted :gaycat2:

did insomniac make these? 

1 hour ago, Hey Dude said:

i still cant belive this even happened. how much did they pay her get into these films cause the casting was perfect :clap3: 

5 minutes ago, Katamari said:

never played these games so i might check it out the series that inspired uncharted :gaycat2:

OMG well totally skip over the reboot era.

Just play Classics & LAU :gaycat4:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SmittenCake said:

we have the technology 

Look at how poorly cast Alicia is in comparison (visually). She looks so bland :ahh:

No one can compare to the beauty of Saint Jolie :heart2:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Start with classics 

• Like 1

tomb-raider-underworld-screenshots-previ

I remember when these first screens of Underworld released, I was so excited!

I really thought we were gearing up for the best TR game ever :skull:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonbob said:

:jonny5:

Ahh the acclaim 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonbob said:

tomb-raider-underworld-screenshots-previ

I remember when these first screens of Underworld released, I was so excited!

I really thought we were gearing up for the best TR game ever :skull:

TRU had everything I wanted Lara to do

Shoot under water 

Climb and jump on walls 

Shoot from poles

Etc

• Like 3

i def will get this (when i get the funds lmao)

3 hours ago, JEWRJEWR said:

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

HOW AM I JUST FINDING OUT SJDKASKCJNDCCDDC 

Get in here! Celebrate with us!

:jonny5:

I remember when I was a kid playing a game and there was this jungle level and tigers and med kits, is that level in any of these three games? 

Anyway I remember enjoying a lot Underworld because it had cool levels and it was more Indiana Jones-ish, then the last trilogy was amazing but kinda boring with the same location and not so much globe throttling, well Tomb Raider (2013) was amazing and I finished that one twice.

I’m so stocked for the upcoming videogame since they said that she was going to be a seasoned Lara (maybe with a protege or a son!!!) and also the Amazon Prime show with Phoebe!!! 

And the last movie was entertaining and it did kinda well at the box office, Alicia was great as Lara, a shame that they canceled the sequel but we won because we got the Prime show and I think that will be way better, what a time.

2007 & 2008 still makes no sense to me. All the effort that went into Legend just to then release a remake of TR1 and the borefest Underworld that completely removed the action-movie vibe? 

Like...they really had no idea how to follow up on Legend

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.