TOMB RAIDER | I-III Remastered | TR12 | Legend Of Lara Croft (Netflix)

noonbob

1 hour ago, PMM said:

ok so as a proof that Epic Games is better the TRR are updated / have patch / idk what to acll but it looks better:

:jonny5:

They need to ******* update for all other platforms.

The water!! soo much better!

:jonny5:

• Like 1

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noonbob

• SmittenCake

• poki

• PMM

Top Posters In This Topic

just finished Opera House, loving how different the vibe of TR2 is to TR1. the first one felt like more of a horror game at points where this one is more of an adventure

• Like 2

I finished TR1 and I am halfway through Unfinished Business now :jonny: 

TR1 is tuly a timeless game and I am shook at how well the level design aged. Wow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sunbathinganimal said:

just finished Opera House, loving how different the vibe of TR2 is to TR1. the first one felt like more of a horror game at points where this one is more of an adventure

Are you guys not waiting for the patch? Cos apparently the Epic version has the patched version and there are so many improvements. Visual and bug fixes.

I'm gonna wait for that in the meantime :celestial6:

• Like 1

Finally beat TRLR and I'm happy to say I won't be replaying the game ever again :heart:

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Stardom said:

Finally beat TRLR and I'm happy to say I won't be replaying the game ever again :heart:

What did you hate the most ? :deadbanana2:

38 minutes ago, noonbob said:

What did you hate the most ? :deadbanana2:

The fact that the game is impossible to finish unless you're following a guide, some of the puzzles make no sense whatsoever and the mechanics that you're expected to know despite them not being covered in the tutorial level at all. Like why did I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to open a door before I realized Lara can just PUSH it open with her hands? :deadbanana4:

What I like about TR1 & 2 is that they're pretty linear for the most part and anyone with a brain can figure out what the game wants you to do, but miss TRLR threw that entire concept out the window nnn

I'll be playing chronicles next which I hear is the worst out of the first five games, but at least there aren't many levels :hoetenks:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stardom said:

The fact that the game is impossible to finish unless you're following a guide, some of the puzzles make no sense whatsoever and the mechanics that you're expected to know despite them not being covered in the tutorial level at all. Like why did I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to open a door before I realized Lara can just PUSH it open with her hands? :deadbanana4:

What I like about TR1 & 2 is that they're pretty linear for the most part and anyone with a brain can figure out what the game wants you to do, but miss TRLR threw that entire concept out the window nnn

I'll be playing chronicles next which I hear is the worst out of the first five games, but at least there aren't many levels :hoetenks:

About Chronicles:

Spoiler

First area is a cute throwback to TR1 / TR2. 

2nd area is a TR2 throwback

3rd area is low key one of the best atmospheres in the entire franchise. It's super creepy and the whole vibe is a throwback to TR1 / TR3

Spoiler

4th area is hell on Earth. I won't blame you if you decide not to finish it even after a youtube guide video.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Stardom said:

Let's not forget how redundant and boring the environments are in TRLR.

f020100f-d9a3-4042-9d6a-bd9a677e215c_tex

Will forever believe this was intentional shade towards TRLR.

• Haha 4

every time I think I'm smart and discovered a secret it's just the way forward :suburban:

• Haha 1

loving these underwater levels though

Finally beat Tomb Raider 1. :clap3:

• Like 1

Replaying tomb raider 3 and tbh it's really just the London levels that are overly complex and confusing and the cryptic stupid coin puzzle. Last revelations was a convoluted mess to get through. I'd love a full properly remake and reimagining of that game cause the concept and plot was good but the execution... 

5 hours ago, Lord Gaga said:

Replaying tomb raider 3 and tbh it's really just the London levels that are overly complex and confusing and the cryptic stupid coin puzzle. Last revelations was a convoluted mess to get through. I'd love a full properly remake and reimagining of that game cause the concept and plot was good but the execution... 

Based on your post I want to ask all of you your ranking of TR III locations?

Mine:

1. Antarctica
2. South Pacific
3. India
4. Nevada
5. London

I've played through TR1 and am on Offshore Rig in TR2. So far, I'm super happy with what they did. Hoping we get TRLR and TRC remastered as well, though I agree that the fourth game is a dull experience once you reach the middle. Hot take... TRC is better.

9 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

I've played through TR1 and am on Offshore Rig in TR2. So far, I'm super happy with what they did. Hoping we get TRLR and TRC remastered as well, though I agree that the fourth game is a dull experience once you reach the middle. Hot take... TRC is better.

oh-wow-wow.gif

1 hour ago, PMM said:

Based on your post I want to ask all of you your ranking of TR III locations?

Mine:

1. Antarctica
2. South Pacific
3. India
4. Nevada
5. London

1. South Pacific

2. Nevada 

3. India

4. Antarctica

5. London

Honestly I feel like if they didn't do the whole 

Spoiler

Losing all your items thing in nevada

It'd be remembered more fondly. 

• Thanks 1

How the **** did they make Venice level 2 in Tomb Raider 2?

Its so ******* hard and convoluted and there is no surprise I always got stuck there as a Kid.

Like the amount of human enemies with DOGS, the lack of medipacks, the level having zero linearity, game not telling you there is a BOOST button on the boat which is mandatory to pass the level. :deadbanana4:

This should be like level 15 and definitely does not belong at the start of the game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pop said:

Its so ******* hard and convoluted and there is no surprise I always got stuck there as a Kid.

Like the amount of human enemies with DOGS, the lack of medipacks, the level having zero linearity, game not telling you there is a BOOST button on the boat which is mandatory to pass the level. :deadbanana4:

This should be like level 15 and definitely does not belong at the start of the game. 

That's why I don't like TR 2 as much as TR 1 or TR TLR

there'e more enemys, less rading tombs
Also the amount of pickups is smaller than in TR 1
I like this game but it's definitely not my favourite

11 minutes ago, Pop said:

Wait until you get to level 2 of Tomb raider 3 :ducky:

4 minutes ago, Lord Gaga said:

Wait until you get to level 2 of Tomb raider 3 :ducky:

I'm already missing the simplicity of TR1 :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pop said:

Honestly TR1 does have that chill replayability (besides the last level of Egypt and the last 2 of Atlantis). The series truly didn't have that again until like legend 

Spoiler

No wonder the normies enjoyed that 2 hour game so much

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, Pop said:

Wait till level 1 of TR3. If you're a real glutton for punishment, you should try playing the real PS1 version with the worst save system to ever exist in gaming.

13 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

I've played through TR1 and am on Offshore Rig in TR2. So far, I'm super happy with what they did. Hoping we get TRLR and TRC remastered as well, though I agree that the fourth game is a dull experience once you reach the middle. Hot take... TRC AOD is better.

Fixed. 

:suburban:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Wait will level 1 of TR3. If you're a real glutton for punishment, you should try playing the real PS1 version with the worst save system to ever exist in gaming.

Fixed. 

:ryan3:

Upon re-reading this post, I may actually agree...

7 hours ago, Pop said:

You get some of that vibe back with Floating Islands and The Temple of Xian, but look out for the spider cave. :biblionny:

Edited by The7thStranger

5 hours ago, Bloo said:

Wait till level 1 of TR3. If you're a real glutton for punishment, you should try playing the real PS1 version with the worst save system to ever exist in gaming.

Fixed. 

I had TR3 as a kid and never made it past Level 1 :deadbanana2:

I'm glad I have a fully developed brain so I can finish it now, but damn, what were they thinking? 💀

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.