TOMB RAIDER | I-III Remastered | TR12 | Legend Of Lara Croft (Netflix)

noonbob

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noonbob

• SmittenCake

• Year of Shadow

• PMM

5 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

2007 & 2008 still makes no sense to me. All the effort that went into Legend just to then release a remake of TR1 and the borefest Underworld that completely removed the action-movie vibe? 

Like...they really had no idea how to follow up on Legend

Making all of Lara's actions all about mom and dad for the Crystal Dynamics games is why i never enjoyed these games too much overall. The last trilogy taking so much from Uncharted was even the worst offender. 

The previous trilogy was a mess. They really did Legend and followed that up with a remake of the first game...and then tied both games with a sequel and turned Natla into...whatever that character was :rip:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, noonbob said:

I always thought this AOD model was gorgeous! I remember seeing this (not this image) in a gaming magazine way back when.

28592070900_06ee1a2e1d_b.jpg

:jonny6:

ate

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I remember when I was a kid playing a game and there was this jungle level and tigers and med kits, is that level in any of these three games? 

Tomb Raider III - India 

that's the first level 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, noonbob said:

tomb-raider-underworld-screenshots-previ

I remember when these first screens of Underworld released, I was so excited!

I really thought we were gearing up for the best TR game ever :skull:

BETA TRU Lara will always be my favorite

screen003.jpg

screen002.jpg

screen001.jpg

8 hours ago, noonbob said:

I always thought this AOD model was gorgeous! I remember seeing this (not this image) in a gaming magazine way back when.

AOD had so much concepts that are such a slay :jonnycat:

traod-concept005D2E06776-25BA-7E73-974B-

2250969-lara-croft-tomb-raider-the-angel

2247335-lara-croft-tomb-raider-the-angel

• Like 3

8 hours ago, #Beautiful said:

the reboot slander in here... sick to my stomach

Well puke it up baby, doesn't change the fact :gaycat2:

2 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

BETA TRU Lara will always be my favorite

screen003.jpg

screen002.jpg

screen001.jpg

Me too!! Idk why but many hated this version.

I always thought she looked very faithful to classic Lara and her concepts, only more matured.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stupidjock said:

I still don’t know how Underworld felt so underwhelming 

It really was AOD 2.0 but worse.

Both had great concepts and ideas, AOD rushed and incomplete.

Underworld felt rushed and incomplete.

AOD with all its flaws is a much better game/experience personally.

2 hours ago, stupidjock said:

I still don’t know how Underworld felt so underwhelming 

they definitely rushed it... the xbox dlc plays much more smoothly, i enjoyed it much more controls wise. wish they wouldve done more with the story. absolutely gorgeous environment and model but story kinda so so. i love it regardless 

- lame story

- lack of action-packed moments

- no Zip and Alister to talk to outside of cutscenes 

- no side characters to meet

- the animations were ****** up (they redid them IRL and then sped them up. That's why the frame rate on Lara is so trash)

- no Croft Manor to chill at 

- barely any music

- no boss fights

- ugly UI (what even is that health bar system?)

- No excalibur

They forgot they had to do a sequel to Legend, and not Anniversary 

• Like 1

The Underworld drags, I-

I loved the game and the graphics were beautiful.  The pacific/jungle level near the game's beginning ❤️

I really wanted to play the DLCs but they were exclusive to Xbox. Sad!

But Legend is that *****.  I had sooo much fun in the manor,  esp the training course :jonny5:

Edited by ks_dollar
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

2007 & 2008 still makes no sense to me. All the effort that went into Legend just to then release a remake of TR1 and the borefest Underworld that completely removed the action-movie vibe? 

Like...they really had no idea how to follow up on Legend

Crystal Dynamics sucks tbh.

18 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I remember when I was a kid playing a game and there was this jungle level and tigers and med kits, is that level in any of these three games? 

Anyway I remember enjoying a lot Underworld because it had cool levels and it was more Indiana Jones-ish, then the last trilogy was amazing but kinda boring with the same location and not so much globe throttling, well Tomb Raider (2013) was amazing and I finished that one twice.

I’m so stocked for the upcoming videogame since they said that she was going to be a seasoned Lara (maybe with a protege or a son!!!) and also the Amazon Prime show with Phoebe!!! 

And the last movie was entertaining and it did kinda well at the box office, Alicia was great as Lara, a shame that they canceled the sequel but we won because we got the Prime show and I think that will be way better, what a time.

sounds like the first level of TR3. its titled Jungle

• Like 2

19 hours ago, noonbob said:

fun fact:

AOD Lara was based off Angleina Jolie (Film released 2001,AOD released 2003)

6333dfdad6d05956dc0cf24809b38d7a.jpgp27735_p_v8_aj.jpg

• Like 3

Thailand in TRU is so beautiful 

• Like 1

:ahh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AOD imo wasn’t great but it still holds a great piece of memory for me. I remember being so excited going to Blockbuster to get the game. I loved the urban, gritty and chilly vibe the game gave out. Yes it could have been way better and the controls sucked but I still liked the game. Lara’s style was different and that’s another thing I liked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zesty said:

AOD imo wasn’t great but it still holds a great piece of memory for me. I remember being so excited going to Blockbuster to get the game. I loved the urban, gritty and chilly vibe the game gave out. Yes it could have been way better and the controls sucked but I still liked the game. Laura’s style was different and that’s another thing I liked. 

i remember seeing it at walmart. it was 50 bucks i think. and my parents said it was too much money :monkey:

2 minutes ago, Zesty said:

AOD imo wasn’t great but it still holds a great piece of memory for me. I remember being so excited going to Blockbuster to get the game. I loved the urban, gritty and chilly vibe the game gave out. Yes it could have been way better and the controls sucked but I still liked the game. Laura’s style was different and that’s another thing I liked. 

who is LAURA!?

oh hell nawh 

• Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.