Why are there so many masculine gays into pop culture?

Aethereal

Considering open gays are a minority and largely outnumbered by straight men. Why are there so few masculine straight men into pop culture and so many gay men? Why isn't masculine energy blocking gays from being heavily into pop culture like it does with straight men? 

And I am not talking about just listening to Rihanna's song. 

It's almost like gays are genetically engineering to be pop fanatics. Or a better belief is that most gays are inherently feminine (at least compared to the average straight man) but they just adopt some masculine passing mannerisms (like in physical appearance and not having a "gay" voice) and preserve their feminine interests in music and movies because they are harder to change. 

Do you agree with this?

weird thread 

you don’t think straight men are into pop culture? and what is all this nonsense about masculinity? 

might wanna talk these hang ups  through with a therapist

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Unless I’m misunderstanding your questions it’s as simple as pop music typically being considered a “feminine” genre. Therefore straight men or at least the insecure ones don’t want to be seen as “Gay” for bopping to those songs. Where as regardless if you’re masculine or not, if you’re considering yourself gay you don’t have to stress about that social stigma of being seen as gay for listening to that music. I’m sure there’s plenty of straight guys that bop when they’re alone and wouldn’t admit it etc. 

Pop culture? Have you seen the way straight me Stan for Star Wars, Fast and Furious, James Bond, etc? 

Or the fact that right now Drake stans are beefing with Pusha making a mess on Twitter? 

You’re just surrounded in a bubble with gays. So that’s all you know. 

• Like 1

Oh the dragging already started, hide this quick babe. :weeps:

30 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Pop culture? Have you seen the way straight me Stan for Star Wars, Fast and Furious, James Bond, etc? 

Or the fact that right now Drake stans are beefing with Pusha making a mess on Twitter? 

You’re just surrounded in a bubble with gays. So that’s all you know. 

Yeah masculine straight men were not consuming Britney Spears but Eminem in 2000s that's exactly what I am taking about.

There must something into it. I know a rugged butch muscular gay man that was a bullied feminine boy in his puberty and now he is all muscle with manly mannerisms and manly voice but still primarily stans pop girls. 

Edited by Aristotle

35 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

weird thread 

you don’t think straight men are into pop culture? and what is all this nonsense about masculinity? 

might wanna talk these hang ups  through with a therapist

Yeah this. Like :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Yeah masculine straight men were not consuming Britney Spears but Eminem in 2000s that's exactly what I am taking about.

There must something into it. I know a rugged butch muscular gay man that was a bullied feminine boy in his puberty and now he is all muscle with manly mannerisms and manly voice but still primarily stans pop girls. 

Maybe because Eminem’s music was openly homophobic? He used slurs and had an issue with Elton that garnered huge media attention. 

And then you have Britney who never made any homophobic music. And was largely harmless.  

Hmm who would I as a gay man listen to? A homophobe or an artist who just makes fun music? 

Men are expected to behave certain ways. Listening to pop girls is not one of em. Straight men relate less to female artists for starters. 

• Like 1

They're very much into pop culture, just different parts of it. Pop culture isn't exclusively pop girls and reality TV.

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid

Someone tell them Marvel ,DC and Mario as much pop culture as pop girls :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, Aristotle said:

are there so few masculine straight men into pop culture and so many gay men?

There are into pop culture though. They check for the hottest songs, the current celeb nonsense, the top grossing movies like anyone else, etc. That's why it's pop culture. It's not called gay culture :skull: 

Why isn't masculine energy blocking gays from being heavily into pop culture like it does with straight men? 

And I am not talking about just listening to Rihanna's song. 

Is Rihanna not part of pop culture? I'm confused. 

It's almost like gays are genetically engineering to be pop fanatics. Or a better belief is that most gays are inherently feminine (at least compared to the average straight man) but they just adopt some masculine passing mannerisms (like in physical appearance and not having a "gay" voice) and preserve their feminine interests in music and movies because they are harder to change. 

Gays are just more comfortable with (admitting to) listening to female artists than straight men are. There's also bit of community that can come with it, and pop artists/famous women tend to more favorable and accepting towards gays. I mean a top artist is touring right now with an album inspired by them. Hard not to appreciate something like that. Masculinity/feminity is kinda useless to determine anything here. Plenty of women listen to male artists regularly but many gays on here scoff at the idea. There is no "energy" blocking anyone.

Being masculine, gay or otherwise doesn't mean to be one-dimensional. Majorities and likelihoods aside, pop culture is an ultimately universal interest. Star Wars is as much pop culture as Taylor Swift is. Even if you want to laser focus into a certain faction of pop culture, though, my opening sentences still apply.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.