Jlo signs with BMG, new album release is imminent

crazyncool

58 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

Who is with BMG? 

They’re popular with legacy artists with built-in audiences, or where the music is just part of a bigger project and you just want to guarantee marketplace availability. 

Their biggest artists are The Rolling Stones, Kylie Minogue and Duran Duran. But they do one-off releases too. 

• Like 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MusicIsMyMaster

• insomniac

• CosTaSsSs

• BryceG

1 hour ago, Elvenpath said:

Queen Kylie inspiring other pop divas to sign with BMG :clap3:

or maybe it was Queen Janet who partnered with them before Queen Kylie did. I wonder is BMG the future for pop divas as they reach old age. I imagine an independent deal is a great thing for creative control and moving at your own pace where you don't have to kowtow to suits who think they know what's best for your decades long career, but bad if you don't want to spend your own money for marketing and promotion lol. 

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Thanks 1

Nowadays, basically they just need a label to distribute the album via platforms and gigs opportunities, I wonder if BMG will be part of the touring where the profits are. I think Kylie did let them run with the touring with Golden.

Just now, holyground13 said:

This Is Me... When?

This Is Me... Clever?

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

This Is Me... When?

This Is Me… Coming Soon

• Like 1

Cant wait to hear new Ashanti 

• Thumbs Down 5

7 hours ago, Mordecai said:

Musical trilogy... what's that supposed to mean? 👀

that Act I : Renaissance already got sons  :clap3:

Is she going to be at VMA? She might announce it there :lakitu:

Both Avril and Janet only had one album with BMG before moving on to another label. The only artist who is happy with BMG is Kylie.

• Like 1

Wish she'd work with RedOne again. Love? is her best album and has her best singles.

Ouu BMG Kylie's impact :gayliecat1:

It was rumored a long time that she's going to be signed there. Hopefully tonight she'll do a surprise performance at the VMA's. 

@MusicIsMyMaster@crazyncool @livelikemusic @Black Jesus@Dabbyy @Onthe6 @BryceG

Official press release posted by BMG today:

INTL: Jennifer Lopez global superstar signs new recording and publishing partnership with BMG

spacer.png

L to R: Thomas Scherer (BMG), Randy Phillips (Jennifer Lopez), Jennifer Lopez, Benny Medina (Jennifer Lopez), Thomas Coesfeld (BMG) (c) Ron Harper

Multi-Platinum singer-songwriter, award-winning actress and global superstar Jennifer Lopez has signed a new global recording and publishing partnership with BMG to release her upcoming ninth studio album, This is Me…Now.

Lopez’s first studio album in nine years, and the sequel to This Is Me…Then (2002), will be released by Nuyorican/BMG. This Is Me…Now is an exciting musical trilogy showcasing the triple-threat’s extraordinary talents.

BMG CEO Thomas Coesfeld said, “Jennifer Lopez is a global superstar artist, entertainer…a   phenomenon. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with her and her team to release her first album in nearly a decade.” 

Thomas Scherer, BMG’s President, Repertoire & Marketing, Los Angeles and New York, said, “We are both excited and proud to partner with Jennifer Lopez on this long-awaited sequel to This is Me… Then. Clearly written with love and through experience, This Is Me..Now is uplifting and inspiring. ‘Jenny From The Block’ is back at a point in her career when her message is bigger than ever.”

Written and recorded at her converted home studio in Los Angeles during 2022 and 2023, This Is Me…Now is produced by Rogét Chahayed (Doja Cat, Travis Scott), Jennifer Lopez, Angel Lopez (Jack Harlow), and Jeff “Gitty” Gitelman (H.E.R). Additional songwriter-producers include Hitboy (Drake), Ink (Beyonce), Tay Keith (Nicki Minaj), Yeti Beats (Doja Cat), Carter Lang (SZA), Kim "Kaydence" Krysiuk (Ariana Grande), with BMG’s Brandon Riester serving as the album’s A&R.

To date, Lopez has sold over 80 million records worldwide, with 15 billion global streams, and more than 18 billion views of her music videos from her previous albums.

In this age of streaming Jennifer Lopez, in 2023, cemented her status as a global film star on streaming platforms. Her latest film, The Mother is Netflix’s most successful movie of 2023 so far, with over 239 million hours watched globally. Her film has also become a Top 7 movie of all time on Netflix. Shotgun Wedding released in January was the Number One movie on Amazon Prime Video.

Lopez is the only female artist to ever have a Number One album and Number One film simultaneously and she has a cumulative worldwide box-office gross of over $3 billion. In 2019, her movie Hustlerswhich she produced and starred in was Lopez’s highest opening weekend of her career, topping $32 million and grossing over $100 million worldwide.

spacer.png

L to R: BMG’s Dan Gill and Thomas Scherer; Jennifer Lopez; BMG’s Thomas Coesfeld, Brandon Riester, and Cyndi Lynott (c) Ron Harper

https://www.bmg.com/de/news/Jennifer-Lopez-global-superstar-signs-new-recording-and-publishing-partnership-with-BMG

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, insomniac said:

@MusicIsMyMaster@crazyncool @livelikemusic @Black Jesus@Dabbyy @Onthe6 @BryceG

Official press release posted by BMG today:

INTL: Jennifer Lopez global superstar signs new recording and publishing partnership with BMG

spacer.png

L to R: Thomas Scherer (BMG), Randy Phillips (Jennifer Lopez), Jennifer Lopez, Benny Medina (Jennifer Lopez), Thomas Coesfeld (BMG) (c) Ron Harper

Multi-Platinum singer-songwriter, award-winning actress and global superstar Jennifer Lopez has signed a new global recording and publishing partnership with BMG to release her upcoming ninth studio album, This is Me…Now.

Lopez’s first studio album in nine years, and the sequel to This Is Me…Then (2002), will be released by Nuyorican/BMG. This Is Me…Now is an exciting musical trilogy showcasing the triple-threat’s extraordinary talents.

BMG CEO Thomas Coesfeld said, “Jennifer Lopez is a global superstar artist, entertainer…a   phenomenon. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with her and her team to release her first album in nearly a decade.” 

Thomas Scherer, BMG’s President, Repertoire & Marketing, Los Angeles and New York, said, “We are both excited and proud to partner with Jennifer Lopez on this long-awaited sequel to This is Me… Then. Clearly written with love and through experience, This Is Me..Now is uplifting and inspiring. ‘Jenny From The Block’ is back at a point in her career when her message is bigger than ever.”

Written and recorded at her converted home studio in Los Angeles during 2022 and 2023, This Is Me…Now is produced by Rogét Chahayed (Doja Cat, Travis Scott), Jennifer Lopez, Angel Lopez (Jack Harlow), and Jeff “Gitty” Gitelman (H.E.R). Additional songwriter-producers include Hitboy (Drake), Ink (Beyonce), Tay Keith (Nicki Minaj), Yeti Beats (Doja Cat), Carter Lang (SZA), Kim "Kaydence" Krysiuk (Ariana Grande), with BMG’s Brandon Riester serving as the album’s A&R.

To date, Lopez has sold over 80 million records worldwide, with 15 billion global streams, and more than 18 billion views of her music videos from her previous albums.

In this age of streaming Jennifer Lopez, in 2023, cemented her status as a global film star on streaming platforms. Her latest film, The Mother is Netflix’s most successful movie of 2023 so far, with over 239 million hours watched globally. Her film has also become a Top 7 movie of all time on Netflix. Shotgun Wedding released in January was the Number One movie on Amazon Prime Video.

Lopez is the only female artist to ever have a Number One album and Number One film simultaneously and she has a cumulative worldwide box-office gross of over $3 billion. In 2019, her movie Hustlerswhich she produced and starred in was Lopez’s highest opening weekend of her career, topping $32 million and grossing over $100 million worldwide.

spacer.png

L to R: BMG’s Dan Gill and Thomas Scherer; Jennifer Lopez; BMG’s Thomas Coesfeld, Brandon Riester, and Cyndi Lynott (c) Ron Harper

https://www.bmg.com/de/news/Jennifer-Lopez-global-superstar-signs-new-recording-and-publishing-partnership-with-BMG

Pre-save link or bye

:redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.