Are you expecting Taylor's level of success for Olivia?

shyboi

Are you expecting Taylor's level of success for Olivia?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Are you expecting Taylor's level of success for Olivia?

• Yes
    • No

Let's play Nostradamus! 

Now that GUTS it's out of the oven, numbers are out as well we have a better idea of where Olivia's career is at the moment

Is realistic to say that Olivia is the biggest breakthrough of this decade so far

With very personal songwriting style, impressive critical acclaim and a solid fanbase that seems to keep growing.

Will Olivia be dominating the music industry in 5, 10 - 15 years from now? 

Edited by shyboi

She is cautious but still a risktaker, she's young and understands the social media landscape well, and most importantly, she writes and performs good, personal music. 

There's more factors that determine success, including good management + funding and a good amount of luck, but Olivia has everything going for and is primed to achieve Taylor like success in the future. I really like her, so I hope that happens, if it's what she wants.

• Like 7

Honestly - no. Taylor is a Star that happens once in a lifetime. And I feel like Olivia would decline a bit with every release.

doubt it .. and I mean It be very hard to get Taylor Level of success. 

1 minute ago, elevate said:

She is cautious but still a risktaker, she's young and understands the social media landscape well, and most importantly, she writes and performs good, personal music. 

There's more factors that determine success, including good management + funding and a good amount of luck, but Olivia has everything going for and is primed to achieve Taylor like success in the future. I really like her, so I hope that happens, if it's what she wants.

You wrote a lot without saying anything

YES OR NO? YES OR NOOO? 

3 minutes ago, shyboi said:

You wrote a lot without saying anything

YES OR NO? YES OR NOOO? 

I voted yes but I'm more in the "most likely yes, depending on a lot of other factors" category.

It's clear from what I've written... so maybe you just need to read carefully and relax a little.

20230718_134840.thumb.jpg.3fc2a8fa274a5a

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, elevate said:

I voted yes but I'm more in the "most likely yes, depending on a lot of other factors" category.

It's clear from what I've written... so maybe you just need to read carefully and relax a little.

20230718_134840.thumb.jpg.3fc2a8fa274a5a

i was joking doll :heart2:  

• Like 1

I can see it, tbh. Not same level, but probably a similar trajectory. I can see her having her peak 5 or 6 years from now with a very comercial sound. 

Taylor Swift is on track to be the bestselling female artist of all time.  To expect that level of success for anyone, including Taylor Swift back in the Fearless Era, would be illogical.  

• Like 13

Genuinely, no. She's obviously leaning into the pop punk/rock direction which automatically turns off a chunk of the GP cuz it's too "loud" or whatever.

Can't wait to be proven wrong when OR4 debuts with 3m units and multi-week #1 smash hits.

1 minute ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Genuinely, no. She's obviously leaning into the pop punk/rock direction which automatically turns off a chunk of the GP cuz it's too "loud" or whatever.

Can't wait to be proven wrong when OR4 debuts with 3m units and multi-week #1 smash hits.

oh, hun they all do in the beginning but sooner or later they go full pop

Initially i'd say yes, especially with how massive Sour was. After the Guts era started? No chance in hell.

similar trajectories but not the same level of success imo 

we'll see in 2027 if she has her 1989 or not

if Sour = Fearless

Guts = Speak Now

OR3 = Red (2025)

OR4 = 1989 (2027) ?

Expecting the 2023 Taylor Swift type of success for Fearless era Taylor Swift would be laughable tbh, I think its still too far out to say. 

Leaning into rock too much I fear will turn off a big chunk of her potential audience imo, she needs to pivot to smth more commercial like Deja Vu next era. 

taylor swift didn't have current level of taylor swift success during her debut era especially compared to sour so comparing olivia's success to taylor's simply makes no sense. different climates, different audiences, different consumption, different times overall. their career trajectories simply do not compare

No one can say what the equivalent of Taylor's Eras level of success will look like in 10-15 years.

But if the swifties didn't see her as a threat, they wouldn't be in all the Olivia threads.

• Thanks 1

If I were Olivia I’d be scared of rabid, psychotic fans. I don’t think Swifties will ever get to that point but I’m sure she has safeguards in place. The things people say about her on Twitter because they feel threatened by her success and popularity are scary

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.