You know you're my silver lining

There's always a silver lining

Because I'm tired of crying

the funniest part of this is her calling Roar a great song 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

these original lyrics bonnie shares are always bad, i wonder if it's just bonnie's writings :sistrens:

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

It's not until Miss Perry's pen touches the paper sheet that magic happens :clap3:

:clap3:

That listing down multiple words fitting the theme part explains why so many of Katy's lyrics feel like she's reading things off a checklist to make sure she gets the theme of the song across (i.e. take the many references to Indian/Eastern mythology in Legendary Lovers).

• Like 2

Those draft lyrics are so goofy and so bad omg.

But oh wow this was eye-opening. We've been given a look on how they operate in these writing camps. They literally try out a bunch of rhymes to see "what fits best". Like there's a whole damn grocery list for substitute rhymes :deadbanana2:.

Idk why but I really thought songwriters just think of lyrics at the drop of a hat, and they barely change it it. So Bonnie sharing the behind the scene process was soo interesting to see!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

That listing down multiple words fitting the theme part explains why so many of Katy's lyrics feel like she's reading things off a checklist to make sure she gets the theme of the song across (i.e. take the many references to Indian/Eastern mythology in Legendary Lovers).

Lol I really like when artists try to incorporate as much reference that fits the song's theme. That must've took a lot of effort and brain power to find all those literary/ historical references and integrate them to the song !

i ijbol'ed 

1 hour ago, aesthetic bih said:

But oh wow this was eye-opening. We've been given a look on how they operate in these writing camps. They literally try out a bunch of rhymes to see "what fits best". Like there's a whole damn grocery list for substitute rhymes :deadbanana2:.

Idk why but I really thought songwriters just think of lyrics at the drop of a hat, and they barely change it it. So Bonnie sharing the behind the scene process was soo interesting to see!

I think it comes down to the song and what kind of artist you're writing for.

I know that when Shakira began writing her English albums she used to buy rhyming dictionaries just so she could always find the right words for her hooks (explains some of her quirkier rhymes), and that kind of writing really requires you to think about the words first and the meaning second and thus can be a long, calculated process.

On the other hand I recall reading how Cathy Dennis came up with, wrote, and demo-d Can't Get You Out of My Head with Rob Davis in less than 2 hours, and the lyrics didn't even take them 20 minutes. They never re-wrote or reworded the song, and Kylie recorded her version in just a single take too. Granted it's a really simple song lyrically, but it was a huge hit and their main focus whilst writing was to make it as hook-y as possible, so it was a huge success in that regard.

Edited by ithinkheknowsoutsold
  • Like 1

Somehow even lamer than the final lyrics... Two clown lyricists

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

It's the max martin school of writing lyrics. Why are you surprised

3 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

A lot of writers talk about how they just go in the booth and freestyle melodies and then they find words that fit after 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.