What are you doing to become the best version of yourself?

shyboi

I noticed that we spent way too much time discussing mundane things like the Bongos music video budget.

We need to balance the time we spend on our favs with the time we invest in ourselves and our minds :giraffe:

Do you read daily?

Do you meditate?

Are you learning something new everyday? 

What new skill would you like to learn?

Knowledge accumulates, so every day spend at least 5 or 10 minutes learning something meaningful to you. It might seem like a useless thing to do but in one year you will be thankful for this because you will have hours upon hours of new knowledge.

Edited by shyboi

Currently studying in a university for my second degree.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not comparing myself to others or worrying about what they think. You're not living their life and they're not living yours. Everyone has their own unique path to walk on. You have to decide what happiness means to you and live it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Aristede said:

Not comparing myself to others or worrying about what they think. You're not living their life and they're not living yours. Everyone has their own unique path to walk on. You have to decide what happiness means to you and live it. 

This. It starts with being true to yourself and the rest will come naturally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I started going to the gym, and I immediately noticed a difference. Unfortunately I ended up getting a bad case of the flu and that sent me into a mental rut. Thankfully I'm all better now and I hope to get back into the swing of things next week

I've really got to get my **** together, and even though I know you have to take it one step at a time just thinking about all the things I need to do is so overwhelming. 

• Like 3

I don't really care about becoming the best version of myself

I'm just going through life vibing with it

• Like 4

Treat people with the same treatment you think you deserve

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kummercell said:

I don't really care about becoming the best version of myself

I'm just going through life vibing with it

And that’s cool too. As long as you’re genuinely enjoying yourself, that’s all that matters.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Hallad173 said:

And that’s cool too. As long as you’re genuinely enjoying yourself, that’s all that matters.

18 minutes ago, fememeist said:

Treat people with the same treatment you think you deserve

This and getting a sugar daddy as well, a hot one ofc

• Haha 1

For me personally Im in a bit of a rut and have very low motivation. I’ve been working on being happy and being proud of the things I’ve accomplished. For example 2 years ago I would have been so proud to be in the place I am now but for some reason I feel indifferent. I think it’s important to push ourselves but at the same time not be too hard on ourselves. I’m starting the gym and I’m setting short term goals for myself. It’s also important to self reflect as I need to understand why happiness eludes me when I have so many things to be grateful for. Most important of all learning to love and understand instead of feeling anger and holding grudges. People will do you dirty buts their issue and a reflection of who they are not who you are.

Edited by Barovi

1 hour ago, Jude said:

Currently studying in a university for my second degree.

Same. 

I read, use language apps, go for long walks and try to workout everyday. It might not feel life changing in the moment but it’s nice to be able to look back and think about how far I’ve come. 

I am building my self-confidence, have recently started going to therapy, and am trying to live my best life with my partner. I am also considering going to school again/a career change.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

I am building my self-confidence, have recently started going to therapy, and am trying to live my best life with my partner. I am also considering going to school again/a career change.

therapy is so important, i'm still trying to figure it out as well

• Like 1

I've been hitting the gym harder than I have before, on a much tighter workout schedule—and it's been doing wonders for me. I feel better now than I ever have, especially with doubling down on health and general well-being. I cut out all fast food from my diets and I'm trying to stay away from processed foods, even if just mostly; the latter is much harder to do in this world.

Meditation is something I've always done to a degree, but I've definitely made it a point to do it more often. That, along with just being much more mindful and self-aware of all that I am and accepting myself for it all while simultaneously making an effort to be even more understanding and compassionate of others. I want to go through my day with such a positive vibrancy that inspires others and makes them feel good and motivates them to be a better person.

And, honestly, just exploring life and taking advantage of all that it has to offer—by just being open to new experiences, whatever it may be. I feel like this year will be, particularly, defining for me.

I left my last job due to the mental, emotional and physical stress. That's where it all started for me, honestly. Leaving allowed me to take further steps in becoming the best version of myself.

• Like 1

I’ve been going to the gym 4-5x a week since June and I’m very proud of myself for that, the physical health + discipline really helps everything else start to fall in line. 

I eat a lot healthier, way less fast food / fried food. And I’ve always only drank water. I’m slowly cutting out alcohol completely too.

I’ve been studying philosophy through online courses & lectures as I’ve realized this is pretty much my biggest passion and I never invested in it. I’d love to become a public speaker on fields of interest for me. But that’s a long term goal, for now I’m just absorbing the information.

I’ve begun to nurture the artistic/creative side of me as well. Creating something instead of just consuming things is very fulfilling. 

And most of all I’m not wasting my time on things I don’t want to do, like I used to.  

I cook and watch my diet. I try to eat healthy most of the time, but I have my cheat days where I allow myself to eat shitty food for joy lol

I plan my entire clothes in my closet. I clean, I water my plants.

I exercise like 3-4 times a week for mental stimulation. I mostly do just cardio though. Badminton, jogging, swimming, tennis, jumping rope. And every other weekend I go to clubs or hike.

All simulatenously while studying for my paid courses and certifications. :skull:

• 3 weeks later...

I gave up on myself :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.