6.8 Earthquake hits Morocco - more than 2800 people killed

Chemist

that’s absolutely terrible :mazen: may they rest in peace 

Omg noooooooo my people….I have family there…this is devastating 

28 minutes ago, flower moon said:

really close to marrakech :dancehall:

It's the most touristic city in africa after cairo

I saw tons of videos of tourists and the local population just sitting outside all night across the city 

it's terrifying when it happens at night. you don't know when it's gonna hit again and you don't want to be in bed when it happens :mazen:

36 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

oh my god… how absolutely heartbreaking… 

may they rest in peace. thinking of their families and everyone affected. 

do we have a good donation source yet?

Thankfully Morocco is still a bit modernized and the damage so far is limited. I hope Europe sends out help asap.

RIP to the victims. I know lots of people there

I think there's a member on here who's from there. I hope they're ok. Hopefully the toll doesn't rise anymore.

43 minutes ago, Timber said:

I think there's a member on here who's from there. I hope they're ok. Hopefully the toll doesn't rise anymore.

I live further north and it was felt pretty strongly, very scary stuff.

I think the old medinas of Marrakech and Agadir were hit the hardest, some historic city walls collapsed :chick3:

I hope my city isn't next because it's prone to earthquakes. We literally get a light one every other month. :doc:

The death toll keeps rising :((((

The videos I'm seeing are so devastating. Thinking and praying for all of my sisters and brothers there. :cries:

The world still hasn’t healed even from Turkey’s suffering and now this. I am so sorry for what happened to Morocco. Earthquakes are the worst because they don't give you advance warning.

Here in Spain, while I’m sooo grateful for what the country has done for Morocco and the solidarity of soooo many people here, however I cannot stand the racism shown by some evil people on social media who are happy and laughing at this disastrous news.

Also, some racist media reports that described this literally as an “opportunity” for Morocco to strengthen its infrastructure and showed happiness that no Spaniards were affected by this while in Morocco while completely neglecting to show sympathy for those who are affected there. It's really pathetic that there are people like this with so much hate and evil sharing this planet with us.

I know for sure there's a lot of political and historical sensitivity between the two countries, but come on now, there are innocent/good people and animals dying in this tragedy, at least think about these poor souls, people can't be so dense like this seriously, smh!!

Edited by A.R.L

10 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

Death toll has now soared past 2800.

The government has received offers to help from 60 countries, but so far has only approved 4.

I don’t get what they’re waiting for… the U.N., the US, and Israel are among the bodies/governments offering help, and the Moroccan government is waiting on standby. So frustrating bc so many people could be getting help right now that aren’t. Prays for Morocco :cries:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.