Better song: Blank Space vs Cruel Summer

Enrique523

Which one is it?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is it?

• Blank Space
    • Cruel Summer

Both of those songs are amongst Taylor's biggest pop hits but which one is the better song? Discuss.

There's not much to discuss. Cruel Summer is an amazing pop song but Blank Space is on a whole other level. 

Blank Space sweetie....thats like her pop songwriting magnum opus.

Cruel Summer is a great 10/10 pop song, but it's not even better than its bigger sisters Getaway Car and especially not Out of the Woods. 

Edited by State of Grace.

They're about even, I have a hard time picking. Both great. 

I hate being indecisive so let me give the edge to Blank Space since it also has a great video while CS doesn't have a visual that can enhance it. 

Pretty sure Blank Space will win here, and it’s indeed a stellar pop smash. But I have to give this to Cruel Summer, that song is just not getting old. And the bridge is just insane. And I can never really get tired of listening to it, it has that charm that makes it not great even when you overplay it.

• Like 1

Blank Space is taking it I fear. It's THEE quintessential middle-aged white woman anthem

Yeah, i agree with most people so far, Blank Space is just on another level.

The production of Blank Space is next level, the pen and click, the really white noisey synth, its timeless really.

Cruel Summer is a song thats great but you know it was made in the 2010s.

the serotonin boost i get from cruel summer is unmatched, sorry blank space :redface:

• Like 1

Blank Space and it's not even close. Mind you, I love Cruel Summer but Blank Space is one of if not the best pop song she's ever made.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.