Have you ever been blocked mid-convo?

BrentB

So that's what we doing huh :biblio:

Hmm anyways chile , I guess safe fun (which he initially said he was okay with) is quite the convo-killer huh :toofunny2:. I was just about 2 get ready & leave and then boom "This profile is no longer available:rip:." 

Do y'all have any similar experiences? Yo honestly, I predict that a certain demo of gays (picture the first image of the type of bottom you think just did this, six pack and all, I promise you the first image you think of is literally who it is) are finna end up being the most PERPETUALLY single gays, out of all gays, as we grow older fam. I'm already tapping out lbr. Keep this up and nobody's gonna wanna approach you for even a quick car-play ...only to be blocked/ghosted on the way there :biblio:

Edited by BrentB
  • Haha 1

Ya cause I said the same thing: I only would prefer safe sex and I don't trust randoms on the internet even if you are on PrEP.  Dude was desperate for a bareback fwb :skull: I got called immature and blocked. Simply moved on :zzz:

Yep it's honestly horrifying how men gay men are so comfortable having unprotected sex with strangers, claim they're STD free and all but asking to raw dog you without even seeing a face picture. :bibliahh: A lot don't even ask for your STD status either!

I won't go into detail but I literally was seeing a guy who did not disclose his HIV status with me until after, an incident, we'll just say that....thankfully, I am STD free today. But it just goes to show how CARELESS men are with their sexual health.

Wrap it up and start having sex with people you know and are committed to ONLY.

• Haha 1

I got blocked because he was immature. I don't know what was in his head. Told me all about how he likes me. He was kinda likable, but I guess manipulative and had a lot of energy. I like to be in control of what I say and what I agree to. I don't remember what happened, but he said he would block me and that I would regret it. I didn't believe it, I thought he was just trying to manipulate me and I wasn't going to let him do that. However, he did block me, but I don't regret it. Too many red flags, he did me a favor.

But I still get annoyed every time they block me. Another time I was building a connection for a couple of days with a guy, and it was there. I felt it. He said that we would see how it goes. After a couple nights things got a bit slower and he wasn't replying cause he wasn't alone, so I went to bed. When I woke up I saw his messages and replied, but when I went to his profile it was empty for me lol. He unblocked me weeks later, but whatever

I hate when they block me or ghost me. And it's the worst when they promise you something or tell you how you're pretty and that they want you and then block you/ghost you the next day

• ATRL Moderator

Yes, usually right after I send a face pic. (I don't have a pic on my profile for professional reasons.) I think those guys must be intimidated by my good looks. Their loss!

• Like 1

That's awful, I'm sorry that happened to you. The amount of 'self-important' gay men is astounding tbh. It's only happened to me once and it was also for a hookup lol... funny enough his profile said he was respectful and yada yada. LMAO, some men even in their 30s, STAY growing up. You can still hookup tho, grindr is dating apps are literally a meat market. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LustSpell said:

Ya cause I said the same thing: I only would prefer safe sex and I don't trust randoms on the internet even if you are on PrEP.  Dude was desperate for a bareback fwb :skull: I got called immature and blocked. Simply moved on :zzz:

That’s gross. I met someone last year that made it clear bareback sex was mandatory… and blocked me once I rejected them. There is something so predatory about that imo. 

• Like 3

It happens to me every now and then, more regularly than I care to admit. To be fair most of all of the gays where I live are just weird, though, if not downright stupid. We could be having a great conversation, seemingly just feeding off of each other's energy, and then they just randomly disappear—blocked.

Trying to meet guys out here is like trying to get a dog to appreciate a diamond.

Like all the time ever since I was a kid and its annoying because I'm a little autistic and if my convo wasn't finished I'd be all uneasy for the day.

Of course bc many men are immature therefore many gays are immature. I simply move on

4 hours ago, shinyshimmery said:

funny enough his profile said he was respectful and yada yada. 

I feel like anyone saying "respectful" on their profile is a major red flag these days :rip:

The block button is a bit of double-edged sword it got me out of so many situations I did not fee venturing into.

Edited by ugo

Not mid-convo but people who block/ghost without a real reason are spineless cowards... they can't even say things to your face in a chat, imagine what they could be like irl. Not your loss.

no but i block people mid-convo 90% of the time

Edited by popmusicisdead

Yeah, happens to all of us. It's just the nature of these apps. 

I don't do condoms either tbh but I am upfront about it from the start. If the guy says he only does condom I'll just say 'pass'. But if you start getting annoying even after that then yeah I'll block. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.