Would you rather be a Hot or Talented popstar?

shyboi

Would you rather be a Hot or Talented popstar?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather be a Hot or Talented popstar?

Disclaimer 1: ALL pop girls are BOTH TALENTED AND BEAUTIFUL in their own unique ways.  All of them are legendary and deserve respect. I just picked some images to illustrate my point.

Disclaimer 2: No, you CAN'T have both like Beyoncé. For practical purposes pick one and elaborate.

1. HOT 

You are TALENTED asf,  but your looks are really helpful in further showcasing your talent in the eyes of the general public. So, for you, showing your beauty in creative ways would be a great strategy.

HSDADSDHIUSD8s7dd6shgduabritneytrih87a6d

2. TALENTED

You are BEAUTIFUL / HOT but your raw talent and iconic stage presence really sets you apart in the eyes of the general public. So, for you, showcasing your talent would be a priority.

jsdgsjhds7agd-GAGAADELEBZHSSZAA87-DGSJDF

All of them are the definition of TABS of course. Which one would you rather excel at?

Edited by shyboi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• JustLikeHoney

• Devin

• DeepEnd

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot fades, Talent lasts forever :clap3:

Talent. Some pop stars only had looks with little to no talent. Once that faded so did their careers. Talent lasts. It will speak for itself over time. 

• Like 3

JustLikeHoney

Sorry, but all the talented ones you post are hot as f_ck. 

Also isnt Dua the head writer of all her stuff. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

“Beauty fades… dumb is forever”.

-Bianca Del Rio

replace dumb with talent and you have my answer lol

Just now, JustLikeHoney said:

Sorry, but all the talented ones you post are hot as f_ck. 

Did you read?

2. TALENTED

You are BEAUTIFUL / HOT but your raw talent and iconic stage presence really sets you apart in the eyes of the general public.

The talented one in ur examples are still hot :rip:

I would rather be talented if I can look amazing like Gaga. But I would rather be hot if it meant I didn't look like Ed Sheeran. 

I think looks sell more.

"Talent" is subjective. 

What type of talent? Singing, songwriting, music production?

A good example would be Rihanna, she says she could not sing when she auditioned, but it was obvious that she was chosen for her looks. She has a great team who handed her a folder worth of hits.

And then there are people who can write songs, but the truth is that I feel that a good producer serving amazing production(instrumental) is what makes a song a "hit song". How many people do you see post something original to the internet and it never takes off?

For example, many of the songs from Lana Del Rey's debut album was reproduced but the songwriting(melody) was still the same, the only change was the instrumental. You can even hear the demos and realize that many of the reproduced songs sound better than the other versions of them(except Summertime Sadness and National Anthem), but there are even some early demos from that album that were offputing and they kept editing them until it sounded better. People are "begging" for an album like Born to Die again, but it won't happen because I doubt Lana wants to work with Emile Haynie anytime soon.

Talent can be "learned" if you absorb from someone who is "talented." I read somewhere that many child prodigys are prodigys because of the amount of time they invest in a certain talent, and not because of being "born" with the ability.

Edited by Junipero
  • Like 1

People thirst after ugly celebrities all the time so I’ll pick talent. 

9 minutes ago, shyboi said:

Did you read?

Your own OP says you can’t pick both but then you describe people who are both, just not equally both :chick1:

4 minutes ago, DeepEnd said:

The talented one in ur examples are still hot :rip:

I would rather be talented if I can look amazing like Gaga. But I would rather be hot if it meant I didn't look like Ed Sheeran. 

another one that didn't read the OP.

Beauty fades, talent is forever.

Many current artists/celebs (esp the viral TikTok ones) exploded off looks and being relatable - most lack talent to stick around. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Rotunda said:

People thirst after ugly celebrities all the time so I’ll pick talent. 

Your own OP says you can’t pick both but then you describe people who are both, just not equally both :chick1:

Exactly, what would you like to have more of it? More talent or more looks? What would have more weight in your career

Just now, shyboi said:

Gaga is literally used as ur example of someone who's talented :rip:. She is talented AND good looking. Maybe not a sex icon like Dua but still gorgeous. 

2 minutes ago, DeepEnd said:

Maybe not a sex icon like Dua but still gorgeous. 

Exactly, Gaga, even tho she is beautiful is more known for her talent. 

16 minutes ago, shyboi said:

Did you read?

4 minutes ago, shyboi said:

:deadbanana4:

Not tryna derail ur thread but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The “talented” women ur referring to are still attractive — just not in a conventionally attractive or ooze sex appeal way. 

Rihanna already being brought up :rip: 

OT: talented pop star although depending on the era sometimes being  “hot” is more important 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, shyboi said:

Exactly, Gaga, even tho she is beautiful is more known for her talent. 

You should have used someone UGLY as an example of talent though. Like Ed Sheeran. Who would want to look like him :pukey:

1 minute ago, Devin said:

:deadbanana4:

Not tryna derail ur thread but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The “talented” women ur referring to are still attractive — just not in a conventionally attractive or ooze sex appeal way. 

didn't i write this on the OP people? 

2. TALENTED

You are BEAUTIFUL / HOT but your raw talent and iconic stage presence really sets you apart in the eyes of the general public.

Just now, DeepEnd said:

You should have used someone UGLY as an example of talent though. Like Ed Sheeran. Who would want to look like him :pukey:

No, that's what i described like this 

2. TALENTED

Clearly sometimes looks or talents weights more in a career and there's nothing wrong with that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.