Floods thread (20'000 feared dead in Libya - worst flooding of the 21st century)

Chemist

And the Bible thumpers will blame the homosexuals for this ofc

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

we’re so tired. nothing is being done to even slightly prevent our future from collapsing. 

it’s literally collapsing in front of our eyes. i’m so hopeless.

Yeah,  we are done

Stop birthing childs, for god sake :skull:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, magazine said:

Portugal sitting still and looking pretty :jonnycat:

No, it's coming for us too. This year it was one of the hottest summers ever recorded, several regions are becoming increasingly arid and desertic, last year there was an abnormal lack of rain and several lakes and reservoirs fell to all time lows, and then there's the issue with forest fires increasingly burning more land every summer. 

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

we’re so tired. nothing is being done to even slightly prevent our future from collapsing. 

And all we can actually do is watch it happening in front of us, our voices being silenced yet again and again. I hate this place.

This is why I'm not surprised more and more people in our generation aren't planning to have children (me included)

I can't imagine bringing forth new humans to experience all this and much much worse later

• Like 1

Terrible flooding in California and Nevada the past couple of weeks, too

I’ve seen horrible footage from Libya but those buildings look destroyed not from a flood but something else. Are all those cities destroyed bc of war or is it really a result from the flood itself? 
https://x.com/alertanews24/status/1701556954554888471?s=46&t=sooQtdb3ePufe-NklmVzlg

5 hours ago, Chemist said:

On 9/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, Jjang said:

Did you see what happened during something as concrete and alarming as Covid-19? They tricked themselves into believing that scientists and doctors all over the world are a cabal group of people who, for no reason, decided to dupe with world with a fake virus. Many conspiracy theorist died and yet not much changed. 

Religious people in particular will easily blame the future outcome on their typical theories instead of global warming. This was well known before 2020 even happened. 2020 just showed higher record of delusional that I was not aware. 

Edited by Aristotle

22 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

I’ve seen horrible footage from Libya but those buildings look destroyed not from a flood but something else. Are all those cities destroyed bc of war or is it really a result from the flood itself? 
https://x.com/alertanews24/status/1701556954554888471?s=46&t=sooQtdb3ePufe-NklmVzlg

Two dam failures produced a tsunami-like flood 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.