better show: Eras or Renaissance tour? (for atrl-ers who attended both)

Asscatchem

81 members have voted

1. 1. 1

• 💚💛💜❤️🩵🖤🩷🩶🤎💙
    • 🪩🐴🤠🪩💃🪩🕺🪩🪩🐴

WHO CARES. Go to the one you wanna go to, go to both, go to none. Just stop comparing it's TIRING. :dancehall2:

• Like 1

I saw both and again is pointless to even compare

If you like vocals and dancing is Beyonce by far

If you want lyrics, connection and a colorful production is the Eras Tour

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, _love_pop_girls_ said:

WHO CARES. Go to the one you wanna go to, go to both, go to none. Just stop comparing it's TIRING. :dancehall2:

this is a question for the atrl-ers who went to both.....

5 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

this is a question for the atrl-ers who went to both.....

I went to eras three times and renaissance twice... 

3 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

Nice! So what's your answer?

My answer is stop being dumb

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

ayumi hamasaki 

Edited by Katamari

I attended both on YouTube. It's hard to compare... RWT made me like Alien Superstar, which is a feat.

Went to both, love both ladies and both great shows but I'm being dead honest when I say they are not even remotely comparable at all :emofish: 

hope Bey comes to Latinamerica bc I didn't buy a ticket for the US leg for that reason... right now I choose the Errors Tour, the setlist, the stage and the vibe are amazing. :bird:

24 minutes ago, _love_pop_girls_ said:

My answer is stop being dumb

Yet here you are wasting your time over a "dumb" thread. :celestial5:

36 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I saw both and again is pointless to even compare

If you like vocals and dancing is Beyonce by far

If you want lyrics, connection and a colorful production is the Eras Tour

see the thing is bey has all the things you claim taylor has but taylor does not have the things you say bey has. She is more connected with her fans on RWT than any tour ever. On a deep level where she talks about her insecurities (physically) on such a large stage. And beys colourful production isn't tied to a wristband...its an actual production. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I had floor seats for both.

Renaissance Wold Tour offers a spectacle that is simply unmatched by any other living artist. The vocal performance alone in the first 20 minutes is enough to call it, but the show (thankfully) only picks up from there. 

The Eras Tour was really fun. Some songs on the setlist were not needed and the show dragged on for a bit too long for its own good. We ended up leaving a few songs early to beat the traffic. Loved having Aaron come out for "right where you left me," what a moment. 

there is really no question about which show is better, which woman is a better performer and entertainer, better vocalist, better dancer... unless you are a delusional stan (or worse).

• Like 5

1 minute ago, kimberly said:

I had floor seats for both.

Renaissance Wold Tour offers a spectacle that is simply unmatched by any other living artist. The vocal performance alone in the first 20 minutes is enough to call it, but the show (thankfully) only picks up from there. 

The Eras Tour was really fun. Some songs on the setlist were not needed and the show dragged on for a bit too long for its own good. We ended up leaving a few songs early to beat the traffic. Loved having Aaron come out for "right where you left me," what a moment. 

there is really no question about which show is better, which woman is a better performer and entertainer, better vocalist, better dancer... unless you are a delusional stan (or worse).

which one did you personally enjoy more and had a better overall experience?

this is not an easy question as they're both terrific performers.

Judging from the written responses, this was never meant to be an easy poll. Both are legends of our times and there is no clear cut, so I'm really challenging the members here who have had to privilege to experience both to dig deep and come to a final consensus.

1 minute ago, Asscatchem said:

which one did you personally enjoy more and had a better overall experience?

this is not an easy question as they're both terrific performers.

I enjoyed Renaissance World Tour more. Entry was smoother, we got to the venue at around 8pm. I was seated next to an og die-hard fan and we had a great conversation until the show started. (Which was great because even though I went "with" friends, none of them were in my section.) we were then vibing and singing along to everything, the energy didn't even drop like I feared it would for "Rather Die Young."

my feelings about the Eras Tour are a bit more complicated for important reasons I'm not able to disclose. the energy in the stadium was insane, but being there for 6+ hours was exhausting. Taylor's discography can be very hit or miss for me, and because she was focusing on the singles and the hits, there were more than a handful songs I did not care for on the setlist.

my #1 critique of the Eras Tour, however, would be that it has a very broad audience. it tries to capture everyone, from people who only know her radio hits, to 6 year-old kids, to wine moms, to real Swifties, which makes it less captivating as a whole. some of the elements fell flat, like the dramatic reading of "seven" and the jukebox teasing all the good songs on Red before she performs the worst (hit) songs on it. Taylor's memorized speeches and 5 minute wait for applause were also over the top elements that didn't add much for me.

• Like 2

So back in May I went to see Sabrina Carpenter perform live, and prior to that my most recent concert was Lucy Dacus. I thought both concerts were excellent, but I wasn’t having the religious experience some of these girls were having. I think it clicked for me that I just don’t have the same life experiences a lot of these fans do. I never had that high school heartbreak and I never will. 

Bey’s music has always been grown. Even when Bey wasn’t grown, she wasn’t writing from the perspective of someone passing notes in class and sneaking out of the house. She speaks, acts, and performs from the perspective of someone who already knows it all. On the flip side, even as Taylor advances through her 30s, she’s maintained this innocence to her. She may be drinking, smoking, and hooking up, but she’s still leaning, still being played, still young.

Bey writes a song about being cheated on, and we’re supposed to worry about Jay’s safety. Taylor writes about cheating, but we still see her as innocent. 

I think when people talk about relatability and connection they’re really talking about which artist reflects the way they move through life (or want to move through life). A lot of that impacts your experience in the stadium. 

I have 80+ Taylor Swift songs saved on my phone, but I’ll never have the same out of body experience hearing her that other people do. It doesn’t reflect a reality I have or a reality I want to have. And I think a lot of Taylor stans who casually listen to Bey would say the same about Beyoncé’s music.

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.