NYC Electric Zoo Festival Chaos: Day 1 cancelled, Day 2 delayed, Day 3 overcapacity

Espresso

stormgae-660x330.jpg

The Electric Zoo Festival reached maximum capacity on Sunday night ‘due to unforeseen circumstances’ and did not let anyone else in for safety reasons. While the festival still went on, many of the people who bought tickets and planned to go were turned away.

Some fans did not leave quietly when they got to the gate and were told their ticket wouldn’t get them in. Around 6 p.m. social media videos show fans pushing their way in, rushing the gates, jumping over and crawling through a security checkpoint, then running into the festival.

Fans’ disappointment has been building since Friday when day one of Electric Zoo was cancelled – the festival saying it had an issue getting a main stage up because of supply chain disruptions. Then, on Saturday, Day Two started two hours late. ABC NY

[Fans who did get in later complained that it took hours to exit the venue after being funneled into a narrow fenced-in area. City officials canceled the annual Labor Day weekend event on its second day in 2013 after suspected drug overdoses killed two and left four in critical condition. Attendance last year was 107,000.]

Thank God I didn’t go

I live like 10min from Randall's island. So glad I didn't go :skull:

47 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Wait what happened at Burning Man?

NOT Frye Festival AGAIN!!! Who would even go after the first attempt was utter disaster 

3 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Wait what happened at Burning Man?

NOT Frye Festival AGAIN!!! Who would even go after the first attempt was utter disaster 

the tiktok toks look like a mess, the stages were still being built as the Djs were ON stage 

• Haha 2

Large gatherings are really just not the tea anymore.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf

We, and "we" I mean concert promoters and event management teams, have learned nothing from Woodstock 99, Love Parade 2010, and Astroworld.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.