How likely do you think a new Destiny’s Child album is?

Slayn

Will it happen?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Likely to
    • Not likely

Will a reunion album ever happen? Will it be one of the acts? 

it will happen once beyonce needs it to happen tbh. I'd say in about 15-20 more years when they are all in their 60s is when it will happen

Unlikely 

Beyoncé I doing great, new music, album , tour, fashion and perfume 

Kelly is doing at least was being in panel in Australian to show not so long ago plus a child 

Michelle is a Christian now that …oh well disappeared 

Unlikely (doesn’t Beyoncé’s dad still have ownership of the group or something?) but I could see Kelly and Michelle being featured on a Beyoncé song and that would be a moment .

Obviously not, but I’m sure Beyoncé would do a one off single or performance with the girls 

I doubt a full album will happen. Perhaps a collab with all three of them but Beyoncé doesn’t need it at all, and why would she take the back seat when she’d still have to do choreo and work just as hard without being the main event? 

I would love if this were to happen, especially with Toya and Tavia because a 5 part harmony would ******* kill, but the legal logistics of it... we'd more likely see a reunion performance or some kind of re-brand a la MKS before a full Destiny's Child album me thinks.

Also, if it were to happen it's not a matter of Beyoncé "needing it" like some are suggesting it, but wanting it. She's not Justin Timberlake, who for many years virtually ignored and downplayed everything *NSYNC until he needed the group to pad his 2013 VMA Vanguard award win/performance and now this forthcoming reunion for a Trolls soundtrack song because his own solo career has been on a downswing. No, Bey ain't never been ashamed about her girl group past or the role that DC has played in helping to build her legacy. Quite the opposite and that's why she has the status she has and certain others... don't.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Winged said:

Unlikely 

Beyoncé I doing great, new music, album , tour, fashion and perfume 

Kelly is doing at least was being in panel in Australian to show not so long ago plus a child 

Michelle is a Christian now that …oh well disappeared 

Ms. Tenitra has always been a practicing Christian who did Christian music before the group, during the group and after the group ended (Unexpected notwithstanding lol). She's just taken a sabbatical from recording music for her mental health. 

If you asked me in January 2022 if Beyoncé would ever make a dance album, I would’ve been just as adamantly opposed to the idea as everyone in this thread seems to be about a DC reunion record. At that point, the closest she ever got was IASF which is pretty heavily disliked in music circles!

Call me crazy but I see it happening. Obviously not because Beyoncé needs it, but there’s probably another good body of work to be made. Bookmark me I guess.

Edited by KMO
  • Like 1

Not gonna happen. If it does, her children will be teenagers and damn near out of the house. 

Beyoncé isn’t even doing destiny’s child material on tour anymore, at this point.

Edited by HïFidelity

3 hours ago, TeeJay said:

it will happen once beyonce needs it to happen tbh. I'd say in about 15-20 more years when they are all in their 60s is when it will happen

It happened in 2004 and she didn't need it. 

She also features them in her events all the time and she doesn't need it. 

------—

Matthew has the right to DC so for now it's unlikely. I would say I don't find the need for it. They were a group, went solo, went back together to make a final album together and that's it. A DC3 tour along with an EP would not bother me though. 

Unlikely, sadly.

I can maybe see them doing a reunion tour eventually (maybe) but I don't think they will do another album. Destiny Fulfilled tied it all up and ended it. They went out with an amazing album.

Edited by JustHoran
  • Like 1

Maybe a one off single and the odd performance here and there but a whole album is unlikely 

Destiny’s Child, AKA Blue Ivy, has her solo debut set for the minute she turns 18. Grammys, #1s, radio deals all in place. 

Now if we’re talking about her mothers old group, never. Her grandpa owns the rights to the name and Giselle would never give into that. There’s a reason she’s only collaborated live with Kelly and Michelle. 

Unlikely sadly. I would be sooo here for one last comeback album + a short summer stadium tour with all their classics.

That's my biggest musical dream. I want them to be together again so bad. I love them as a trio and I think there's still so much that they could give us.

Beyoncé is the best artist of all time. Period. But when the 3 of them are together it brings out something special.

I don't think that it's impossible; I'll say that much. It's not something I'm actively anticipating, but it's something I would love to happen. Destiny's Child was one of my very first musical loves. I wish they'd do a double disc album, a more fleshed out greatest hits package and new material.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.