does taylor deserve 50% of olivia's deja vu royalties?

Asscatchem

438 members have voted

1. 1. 1

• fair
    • not fair

No, 20% would be already too generous. Idk why Olivia didn't thought 50% is a bit exorbitant 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlossomSoul

• WavesOfLust

• Cruel Summer

• Asscatchem

Taylor is so obscenely rich and famous that if she’s really trying to go after a young female artist over some royalties because of very vague similarities, that speaks volumes of her character and I have no respect for her. I’d like to believe Taylor doesn’t care.

All stan’d mess aside, the answer is no. Inspiration doesn’t merit credit, and it’s following a dangerous precedent set by the Blurred Lines case. The songs really sound nothing alike and no elements of Cruel Summer are interpolated in Deja Vu. No one has a copyright on sing-shouting. 

Quite excessive but I’m not sure Olivia had a choice she was stanning Taylor so hard that it didn’t seem far fetched that shed steal from her.

just an unfortunate situation because she literally didn’t 😑

On 9/3/2023 at 6:04 PM, modeblock said:

not when miss Taylor herself has plagiarized, I wish Lana would come for that greedy hag :celestial5:

Wildest Dreams says hi

Olivia’s big but not bigger than Taylor. One day (hopefully soon) she’ll have access to the same type of lawyers Taylor does so she can stand up to women nearly twice her age who engage in teen girl antics and bullying :marshmallow:

• 3 months later...

She does not deserve any amount of a %. If the music world worked that way then everyone would have to give %'s of their songs to everyone else. Including Taylor 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.