Are you anxious about death?

Revolution

No, the aging process and death are inevitable. :cm:

I've reached a point in life that I am not.

5 hours ago, Frappucino said:

I see it as a permanent vacation

Endless Summer Vacation indeed

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Less as I get older. I live my life nowadays with the knowledge that I will not be here forever and we all will die.

I had a relative die at age 59 of cancer last year and it really shook me up a bit about death tbh. She worked so hard in life and nonetheless never got to see retirement and the cancer killed her alarmingly quickly. She was diagnosed in mid 2021 and died within 18 months. I felt like I had been taking life for granted prior to what happened to her and was always betting on putting off that concert or vacation I wanted to go to until a later date "to save up for retirement". Her death reminded me that old age is not guaranteed and this may sound farfetched, but with the state of America and its trajectory rn, I have a feeling my old years may be kinda rough. So I'm trying to do what I want to do sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Nope. We have no control over when we die. Also, when your life is busy (e.g. seeing multiple doctors, if you kids-- getting them ready for school/feeding them, if you have a partner-- spending lots of time with them; you work full-time or multiple jobs), you don't have time to be anxious about the future because you're so busy worrying about what deadlines you have and what is currently in front of you. At least that's how I feel. I much rather focus on being able to pay my bills and showing up for myself and my relationship rather than worry about something I have absolutely no control over and will not derail my life until it's ready to. 

Edited by zasderfght

I'd feel more comfortable if the Poincare Recurrence of the Universe is true, and we are assured of eternal return. I can be fine knowing that I will be back to relive this life in many zillions of zillions of years from now.

On a lighter note, no matter what happens, at least I was able to witness Margaritaville re-chart on the Hot 100 in this lifetime.

For me it's more so the fact that one day my parents and other family members won't be around, this honestly terrifies me and I will never be able to make peace with it :frown:

As for my own death, I suppose it's a reminder to live for the moment and count my blessings. I want to believe death is not the end of our jorney (at least spiritually) so that gives me some hope

I wish I was like some of you but I have a lot of anxiety around it even though I know logically I can't do anything about it so what's the point

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.