Billy Porter Not Invited to Met Gala for Calling Anna Wintour a B**ch

Horizon Flame

8 hours ago, Zoe_ said:

Anna Wintour stated that she has employees that still questions her about putting Naomi Campbell on the 89 September cover. Still! She is trash.

She isn’t trash. Billy Porter is trash. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustLikeHoney

• mons†er

• ALΞX

• More Than A Melody

Well, duh. You can’t call the most influential person in fashion today a b**** and expect her to still let you come to the met gala 

:deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Well, they invite relevant celebrities. It tracks.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 8:30 AM, kataraqueen said:

I don't think calling a woman a b**ch is ever appropriate when done by a man, even as a term of endearment (unless you know her and she's obviously fine w/ it), so let alone as an insult

I think it's misogynistic actually,he could have criticized her without using that word 

6 hours ago, ALΞX said:

She isn’t trash. Billy Porter is trash. 

Maybe he is but she definitely is as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Unfortunately, It will go to another white straight person. Anna Wintour works for Vogue, not the ATRL entertainment forum. 

The way you guys hate on him for being upset that a white straight guy is on the cover of Vogue is weird. We just lost representation at the Met whether you like him or not. 

I don't really like him, but at least we filled another seat at the table with him. 

the way you just assumed and generalized based on my statement speaks to how ignorant and close minded you are. I dislike Billy bc he never speaks up for the Black queer community and has garnered so much praise for POSE when it was his trans co-stars who were really the reason why the show took off. We lost representation at The Met when Andre passed away. Someone who studied the art of fashion and literally had the resume and credentials to speak on it.Someone who put their legacy and career on the line to speak up and amplify black voices in fashion. And the mindset of 'but at least we filled another seat at the table with him', whats the point of having a seat at the table if you're not doing anything to help open more seats for those of your community? please stop speaking on things you don't know or don't have the proper information make a sound judgement, you look really foolish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 8/30/2023 at 9:08 AM, Haburo said:

It’s so far away. They are so organised to have already planned it and invited people.

Part of my work involves event planning, and we start planning our annual Gala right after the last one ends. We have a guest list/save the date ready typically 9 months in advance, and we're a small shop. 

I imagine Anna and the team plan this out over like, 3 year increments. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zoe_ said:

Anna Wintour stated that she has employees that still questions her about putting Naomi Campbell on the 89 September cover. Still! She is trash.

Where did you see that? The only thing I remember is she and Naomi recently talked about how hard Anna fought for her to get the cover despite the objections of senior execs. The sentiment is the exact opposite of what you're expressing. 

JustLikeHoney
4 hours ago, mons†er said:

the way you just assumed and generalized based on my statement speaks to how ignorant and close minded you are. I dislike Billy bc he never speaks up for the Black queer community and has garnered so much praise for POSE when it was his trans co-stars who were really the reason why the show took off. We lost representation at The Met when Andre passed away. Someone who studied the art of fashion and literally had the resume and credentials to speak on it.Someone who put their legacy and career on the line to speak up and amplify black voices in fashion. And the mindset of 'but at least we filled another seat at the table with him', whats the point of having a seat at the table if you're not doing anything to help open more seats for those of your community? please stop speaking on things you don't know or don't have the proper information make a sound judgement, you look really foolish.

Girl relax with the personal attacks because I didn't personally attack anyone. 

Some context.

Harry's day to day style. 

In the srudio

Backstage

Halloween or Harryween

https://www.instagram.com/p/Csdk2WBI6sz/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

IG only shows links but if you go through his IG it's all trousers. Sure some are pink and purple but it's all trousers. No makeup and male groomed hair. 

The Vogue cover is inauthentic. It does not represent Harry's style 350 days out of the 365 days a year. 

Speaking of André Leon. Here is speaking about authenticity in fashion. Oh it happens to be on Billy's page. Sorry, not sorry about that.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CY5dPfFL2Xy/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Has Harry said anything about André ever? I don't know I'm honestly asking I don't follow Harry or his interviews. 

By the way personally attacking someone that does not share your opinion is the definition of not having an open mind. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

Maybe these men should learn to stop thinking they can roll with the females and not be treated with that same energy. You have the balls to call these women out of their name, but if they say something back it’s “homophobia”? Girl bye. 

got it! retaliation against someone speaking out about a very real and visible issue is super girlboss because their feelings got hurt and totally erases the truth behind said annoying person’s statement. Blackballing said group, that spoke out against you is also a great sign of allyship instead of maybe addressing the statement (and maybe then blackballing them) or making some positive changes after getting some feedback. Wow!

16 hours ago, ALΞX said:

String and outspoken?

Billy is insufferable and makes gays look bad. You need a better hill to die on. 

Dying on the hill of black queer voices? Yeah a good hill to die on with my queer black ass. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Not the White Supremacy going crazy in this thread. "If you hate and want to dismantle white supremacy you can't date or befriend white people" HUH?! I'm screaming lmao.

Billy is a dumbass and Anna ain't all she cracked up to be. Love watching this drama though. 

Edited by Namie-Knowles

8 hours ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Some context.

In the srudio

Backstage

Halloween or Harryween

IG only shows links but if you go through his IG it's all trousers. Sure some are pink and purple but it's all trousers. No makeup and male groomed hair. 

The Vogue cover is inauthentic. It does not represent Harry's style 350 days out of the 365 days a year. 

Speaking of André Leon. Here is speaking about authenticity in fashion. Oh it happens to be on Billy's page. Sorry, not sorry about that.

Has Harry said anything about André ever? I don't know I'm honestly asking I don't follow Harry or his interviews. 

By the way personally attacking someone that does not share your opinion is the definition of not having an open mind. 

Harry said something about Prince, Bowie, and Mercury, those who actually inspired him. It's actually IN the Vogue article that came with the cover:

Now he declares that “you can never be overdressed. There’s no such thing. The people that I looked up to in music—Prince and David Bowie and Elvis and Freddie Mercury and Elton John—they’re such showmen. As a kid it was completely mind-blowing. Now I’ll put on something that feels really flamboyant, and I don’t feel crazy wearing it. I think if you get something that you feel amazing in, it’s like a superhero outfit. Clothes are there to have fun with and experiment with and play with.

Those are the people that paved the way for him, a popstar, to dress the way he dresses. Not Billy Porter. He pays his due respect to them all the time. He mentions them every time he talks about his fashion.

Does Kim Kardashian wear this in her day to day life:

Spoiler

Kim Kardashian Replaced Kendall Jenner on March 2022 Vogue Cover

I've never seen Florence Pugh wear this type of hat in her off time

Spoiler

Florence Pugh's Vogue Cover: From Little Women to Marvel Superhero, Meet a  New Kind of Breakout Star | Vogue

I've never seen Rihanna paint giant black letters on her face either

Spoiler

Rihanna makes history as first 'British Vogue' cover star wearing a durag -  Culture

Does Adele wear this backstage?

Spoiler

Adele Vogue covers: eight things you need to know

(She doesn't even wear it on stage, she refuses to wear color at all)

Kendall doesn't own a cockatoo!

Spoiler

Kendall Jenner lands her third US Vogue cover | London Evening Standard |  Evening Standard

It's a magazine editorial. Most people don't dress the way they do for them in their day to day life. Congrats, you just discovered the concept of a photoshoot. Same goes with red carpets, same goes with outfits performing. They're not daily clothes. They're clothes for special occasions.

This would also apply for hair and makeup, but mind you, in the Vogue shoot and cover, his hair is groomed exactly the same as always and he's not wearing makeup, so who knows why you even mentioned it.

He has worn makeup for shoots in the past, but not for that shoot:

Spoiler

Harry Styles on the cover of Beauty Papers, Issue 8. | Coup De Main MagazineHarry Styles keeps breaking gender norms and the Internet - United By Pop

In fact, he's worn dresses at other photoshoots, and in music videos, y'all just never paid attention until the Vogue cover lol

Spoiler

Harry Styles stuns in dresses, tights and heels for latest sensational  magazine cover - Mirror Online

Harry Styles: 'I'm not just sprinkling in sexual ambiguity to be  interesting' | Harry Styles | The GuardianHarry Styles Fashion Archive on Twitter: "We got a good pic of the @gucci  lace overshirt/dress from the Lights Up music video ✨  https://t.co/I9sCxNM0Xv" / XHarry Styles reveals he loves women's clothing - saying it's "amazing"

Are you arguing that because the fabric of the lower part of his outfits when he's performing has two holes instead of one it's masculine?

Spoiler

emilypixels

palm springs birthday show in 2023 | Harry styles photos, Harry styles  concert, Harry styles smile

Harry Styles' most stylish moments: from pink feathers at Coachella to  black leather Gucci suits | HELLO!

HL Daily On Tour on X: "Harry Styles, live from Johan Cruijff ArenA.  #LoveOnTourAmsterdam #Night3 6.6.23 📸: @bethandbono  https://t.co/Apz5X9nRtS" / X

Yeah, wearing dresses on stage when he's constantly jumping all over is not exactly easy, no. He typically has a silhouette or two that he follows during tour and then has different designs for it. His last tour it was full suits, buttoned all the way, then for Fine Line it was high waisted pants with suspenders, then for this tour it was a jacket with nothing under and matching pants.

In his day to day life he's not as flamboyant and goes more for comfort, yes. That would apply to literally almost every single performer. The Weeknd isn't wearing a red suit to go to the grocery store, Taylor Swift isn't wearing a bedazzled leotard to have dinner with friends, Beyoncé isn't wearing a ball gown to pick up Blue Ivy from school.

Furthermore, these days Harry mostly gets spotted when he's exercising or leaving the gym, so of course he's gonna be seen wearing sporty stuff. Do you want him to wear a mini skirt to the gym?

Harry paints his nails (and toenails) all sorts of colors when he's not on stage, or really, even expecting attention. He wears a purse literally all the time. He wears a ton of clothes that are classified as female or would be considered feminine.

Spoiler

ImageImageImageImage

Inserting the tweets here, because March 2019 was between albums, he legit was doing nothing at this point (his tour had ended July 2018 and Fine Line wouldn't come out until December 2019)

This was on vacation with his ex girlfriend, two months before his tour started. Hadn't done a lick of promo since March 2020.

This was like, two days ago

This is a women's brand, Molly Goddard

HLD Fashion on X: "Harry is wearing a SS22 soft brushed lambswool knit  cardigan by Molly Goddard for his portrait done by David Hockney, one of  his favorite painters. (May 2022) 🔗

Illustration student's work on show in Seven Stories exhibition - The  Northern School of Art

Women's cardigan

Marni v-neck cashmere cardigan pink | MODESHarry Styles Fashion Archive on X: "Harry wore a ...

If a woman dressed exactly like Harry, both during her "off time" and her "on time" nobody would bat an eyelid. Most women aren't wearing bedazzled gowns in everyday life. I will wear a dress for a very special occasion and legit nowhere else. I can't remember the last time I wore a skirt. Probably my uniform in high school. The argument that he's hyper-masculine during his off-time and thus, what he wears when he's performing is not genuine, makes no goddamn sense. He still dresses quirky, he still has feminine touches, he still reaches to the female aisle, but no, he doesn't wear ruffled Gucci dresses when he's riding his Lime bike in the streets of London, so I guess that's baiting.

Vogue magazine is not Attitude. Representation is always welcome and important but he was not occupying any queer-specific space. Vogue has A list celebs on the cover. He's an A list celeb. Vogue likes to have statements in outfits, makeup, hair, whatever on their shoots and covers, so he did just that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Chile.... ^

I really hope some of y'all are being paid for all this defending.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Theshigo Washidu said:

Chile.... ^

I really hope some of y'all are being paid for all this defending.

Breaking news: Forum user writes post in forum

You have nearly 10K posts, girl, do you get paid for your opinions?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/31/2023 at 2:17 PM, JustLikeHoney said:

Some context.

In the srudio

Backstage

Halloween or Harryween

oh sweetie I'm definitely calm, my point still stands and even with your paragraphs and links my open-mind isn't changing. 

Billy has done nothing for the advancement for Queer people in his position and he still won't be invited to The Met. Harry has showcased more practicality in his styling and fashion than Billy has. yes, he does wear a lot of trousers, but he looks fashionable and on trend. can't say the same for Billy Porter. and I don't like Harry or his style. 

but he's miles better than Billy.:date3:

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 5:59 PM, More Than A Melody said:

Breaking news: Forum user writes post in forum

You have nearly 10K posts, girl, do you get paid for your opinions?

I've been here longer than you skeptical3.png

• Confused 1

On 9/2/2023 at 4:26 PM, Theshigo Washidu said:

I've been here longer than you skeptical3.png

The point is that we're ALL losers in a forum typing down opinions on stuff that's irrelevant to our lives. Acting superior when you've sat down and typed down little snippy comments 10,000 times is a little hypocritical.

• Confused 1

tf yall typing up all this for :deadbanana2:

Alanis ahead of her time as always!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.