Philippines: Havana #4, New Rules #6, Khalid + Ed top 2!

TayRianaPH

Is this actually reliable tho? Like how will they measure this?

And Versace On The Floor woulda been number 1 for like 16 weeks if it was launched earlier lol

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TayRianaPH

• Cryptique

• castle13

• Baby Judas

Ughhh they should have done this when VOTF was perched at #1 

Excited tho. #June12

How about airplay? Monster Radio (Davao) slays... I will promote Witness here. Payola all day. :fan:

Excited. I hope it will not include K-Flop songs

THE BILLBOARDPH PHILIPPINE CHARTS: IT’S ABOUT TIME

The BillboardPH Charts are not vote-based and follow the same procedure and standards that Billboard US has in place. In a nutshell, this is how it happens:

1. Data are based on song streams, digital downloads, and video plays. The data sources approved by Billboard US are Apple Music, Spotify, and YouTube.

2. The data from the aforementioned sources are collated, weighted, and averaged by Nielsen Music which has worked with Billboard since 1991 and is a leading global provider of consumer info and insights.

3. BillboardPH organizes the summarised data into the localised charts: The Philippine Hot 100 Chart that includes both local and foreign acts; The Philippine Top 20 Chart will list only Filipino artists; and The Catalog Chart will list songs that are older than three years but are still being constantly streamed, viewed, and downloaded.

Check out the infographic below:

BBPH_INFOGRAPHICCHARTS_RASTER.jpg

Physical sales—which have been dwindling worldwide as well— are not part of the equation because the figures are sadly negligible: in the low hundreds. If at all. (Contrast this with the country’s population of 100-plus million… you get the point) Should fans rediscover the tactile sensation of holding a physical product and purchase those products in substantial numbers, the chart formulation will undoubtedly be modified. Radio airplay is also currently not part of the equation as a standard system–and perhaps an industry agreement– for reporting airplay data amongst local radio stations nationwide currently does not exist.

http://billboard.ph/billboardph-philippine-charts-time/

Edited by Baby Judas

SHOOKT... I hope they'll have an article with about their methodologies.

Without airplay, I doubt an OPM song could top the The Philippine Hot 100 Chart.

so the chart will be mostly streams?? what bout radio??

Just now, Cryptique said:

Radio airplay is also currently not part of the equation as a standard system–and perhaps an industry agreement– for reporting airplay data amongst local radio stations nationwide currently does not exist.

It's in the article.

2 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

Without airplay, I doubt an OPM song could top the The Philippine Hot 100 Chart.

yeah.. ready for DAHIL SA YO to grab that top spot of Philippine Top20 Chart

2 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

If they included that, it would be harder for OPM/Filipinos songs to chart high since they usually only play popular songs in the US.

Edited by crush2NE1

ready for The Cure and Bon Apetit to debut within top30.. The Cure slaying Spotify within Top20 while Bon Apetit is slaying YOUTUBE within top15.. Malibu is about to debut at top10 I guess.. then the rest of the top10 will be Chainsmokerd, JB, Bruno, Ed, Kpop.. the male dominance n nman

1 minute ago, Cryptique said:

ready for The Cure and Bon Apetit to debut within top30.. The Cure slaying Spotify within Top20 while Bon Apetit is slaying YOUTUBE within top15.. Malibu is about to debut at top10 I guess.. then the rest of the top10 will be Chainsmokerd, JB, Bruno, Ed, Kpop.. the male dominance n nman

I''m ready for Tadhana to slay the The Catalog Chart. :gaycat4:

On 6/9/2017 at 3:00 PM, SIMon1120 said:

Nice top 2, Versace already top 5 there :clap3:

Nice to see Liam slaying in top 10 somewhere :alexz:

Gaga & Jason so low, thats a mess :rip:

Go Miley & Shawn :eli: 

Versace is a number smash in PH for like 3-4months.. since December last year.

• ATRL Moderator

so no itunes? :jonny:

I need an album Charts tho.. 

Mabuhay or something. :gaycat4:

Lemme perch. :gaycat3:

2 minutes ago, Yndda said:

so no itunes? :jonny:

Sales are negligible, in the low hundreds according to the article. :dies:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

Sales are negligible, in the low hundreds according to the article. :dies:

I figured… look at the kworb live itunes chart for the philippines. there's huge blocs of the same % everywhere and the "---" section is huge. those are the two signs of a dead itunes.

I hope they make an album chart though.

edit: does the article speak of the tracking week?

Edited by Yndda

Yes they should also make an album chart so that some of the local record labels would now stop with their sales-padding. Charot! :gaycat2:

19 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

I''m ready for Tadhana to slay the The Catalog Chart. :gaycat4:

that song is nver dying.. I hope Julie's Let Me Be The One will make the cut..

OMG IM SHOOKETH!!!

Are itunes purchases included? The article mentions that physical sales won't be, but also mentions it's "based on song streams, digital downloads, and video plays. The data sources approved by Billboard US are Apple Music, Spotify, and Youtube."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.