Confessions vs American Life

poki

Which one?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Confessions On a Dance Floor
    • American Life

As Madonna so wisely sang in the American Life title track, "F*ck it."

COADF is cute but American Life is far more cohesive and introspective. It's a more interesting album from Madonna artistically, but I am comparing two godly A-Tier albums here that artists like Taylor and Rih will never touch.

Confessions by far 

AL is underrated but Confessions >>>

sorry alone kind of clears tbh

• Like 2

I would take Die Another Day over the entirety of COADF but it's still the better album - bop after bop after bop. 

American Life by far. :clap3:AL is in Madonna’s top five albums, meanwhile COADF has always been one of her most overrated albums. 

American Life has higher highs (Nothing Fails, Xstatic Process, Easy Ride, Love Profusion) but COADF is much better as a whole project.

I prefer American Life as a whole. The production is so cool and I love the themes she explores. I understand how it rubs people the wrong way both sonically and thematically but I love it. The glitchy weirdness but pop conviction of songs like Hollywood and I’m So Stupid are so unique while I feel other artist can pull off Hung Up and Sorry (although they are absolute bangers) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tropical said:

As Madonna so wisely sang in the American Life title track, "F*ck it."

COADF is cute but American Life is far more cohesive and introspective. It's a more interesting album from Madonna artistically, but I am comparing two godly A-Tier albums here that artists like Taylor and Rih will never touch.

like why bring up Rih or Tay...

seriously why was this needed?

just say your dick is small and keep it moving  

Confessions. but American life has some of her best 2000's songs. like Nothing Fails and Love Profusion:clap3:

smoore95GAGA

The one that’s listenable :cm:

Confessions, but Nothing Fails is better than everything except Hung Up and the two FL tracks. 

Confessions is such a boring ass album really only carried by the first three tracks EXTREMELY overrated amongst popper sniffing power bottoms. American Life on the other hand single-handedly took down the entire Bush administration and reinstated global peace on earth! Not bad for a flop album:clap3:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xxxlamb said:

like why bring up Rih or Tay...

seriously why was this needed?

just say your dick is small and keep it moving  

You sound upset. Please stay on topic. 

---

Obvi COADF was always going to sweep and this thread was a set-up but alas, American Life is GOD TIER.

Get Together alone washes entire discographies

American Life (album) is such an underrated gem though

• Like 1

Obviously American Life. But I also love get together. That track alone is one of her best 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.