Bonnie McKee praises Kesha's artistry and talent

TomTom

On the latest episode of the official r/popheads podcast (at 36:00):

Praying was, oh, man, what a song. (...) First of all, she's a genius. She's a genius songwriter and singer and performer and world builder. Like, she's really, really good at that. She's a full-on artist and, like, I think when she first came out, everyone wanted to hate on her. She got a lot of hate in the press and whatever, but those songs stood the test of time, so like...who's laughing now? And then, when she came out with Praying, it was like: 'Oh sh*t, this girl can sing!' and I think people really kinda underestimated her vocal ability (...). I think she came up in Nashville, like she knows how to write a lyric and that's what made her a great rapper too. You have to be a lyricist to know how to rap, you know? And so, applying that to a classic song like that was really a move. She's incredible.

Spoiler

Maybe the rumor that Honey is about Bonnie isn't true after all? :eli:

• Like 3

that's what made her a great rapper

Honey is still about Bonnie. :heart:

• Like 1

i wonder who Honey is about then :confused:

• Like 1

Omg I never knew the rumors of "Honey" potentially being about Bonnie :deadbanana:

Anyway I think Bonnie has always been supportive of and a fan of Kesha but due to her contracts with Dr Luke (I assume they have come to an end?) couldn't or didn't feel comfortably speaking up? Who knows.

• Like 2

She needs to listen to Gag Order like...now. :superman:

• Like 3

I wish she and Kesha would work together again - minus Dr. Puke of course. They did a lot of great work together. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Cheers said:

Kesha was deemed an A-list rapper by VIBE in 2012, but go off :laugh:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

They did a lot of great work together. 

The fact they created this pop BIBLE together :jonny5:.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nothing but tea 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.