FAA: ~5,000 pilots withheld major health issues, possibly imperiling safe flights

Espresso

And the FAA is reliant on pilots disclosing conditions that officials may not be able to pinpoint, including depression or post-traumatic stress, according to doctors who spoke to the newspaper and oversee the exams.

Oh yikes... We don't want another Germanwings Flight 9525 incident.

A lot in here on a lot exaggerating their disability to the VA to get extra benefits while working under licensure and not revealing any of it to the FAA.

I work in the airlines industry. Pilots get whatever they want and it's never enough. We need trains in US. Pilots can cancel a flight for no given reason, ruin people's travel plans and there are ZERO consequences. Flight attendants as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

57 minutes ago, Zoe_ said:

I work in the airlines industry. Pilots get whatever they want and it's never enough. We need trains in US. Pilots can cancel a flight for no given reason, ruin people's travel plans and there are ZERO consequences. Flight attendants as well.

Isnt the US too big that the amount of time a train journey would be, wouldnt be worth it?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zoe_ said:

lol if a pilot cancels a flight there’s a reason and y’all are much safer that way. rUiNiNg PeOpLeS tRaVeL pLaNs is the last thing that pilots should be worried about if they’re unsafe to fly

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, a_d_22 said:

lol if a pilot cancels a flight there’s a reason and y’all are much safer that way. rUiNiNg PeOpLeS tRaVeL pLaNs is the last thing that pilots should be worried about if they’re unsafe to fly

I've been in this industry for 11 years. Pilots will wait in the taxi-way and purposely time out. Pilots and flight attendants are in competition with other airlines. When one airlines increases their pay, the Pilots and flight attendants will act out until their pay matches or surpasses the other. 

I know how this s*** works. 

56 minutes ago, Zoe_ said:

I've been in this industry for 11 years. Pilots will wait in the taxi-way and purposely time out. Pilots and flight attendants are in competition with other airlines. When one airlines increases their pay, the Pilots and flight attendants will act out until their pay matches or surpasses the other. 

I know how this s*** works. 

well ofc they will bc the airlines pay structure is ****. they really need to be paying the whole time you’re at an airport. and also they shouldn’t be scheduling pilots to the time they’re gonna time out anyways

20 minutes ago, a_d_22 said:

well ofc they will bc the airlines pay structure is ****. they really need to be paying the whole time you’re at an airport. and also they shouldn’t be scheduling pilots to the time they’re gonna time out anyways

The pay is amazing for the major US-based airlines. Pilots and flight attendants simply do not want other airlines to make more. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Zoe_ said:

The pay is amazing for the major US-based airlines. Pilots and flight attendants simply do not want other airlines to make more. 

we also pay $100,000 for training and get out of flight school making hardly anything so i think the pay is more than deserved 

As I type this at work, pilots are currently getting to the taxiway and right before take off, they camcel the flight and return to gate. They wait there until they time out. This is the 4th flight today. We have to deal with the passengers, their bags, and everything else. They're just going to the hotels.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.