Timbaland f/ Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake - "Keep Going Up"

reymiu

I love it :jonny6: 2000s legends gave me everything I needed and they certainly did not disappoint.

they've played it safe to get a hit and I can't blame them, it'll at least get played on the radio!

• Like 1

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• okgo

• Dark Miracles

• reymiu

• Frozen99

The verses are the best parts, a bridge would have been appreciated.

Regardless, I'm bopping. :jamming:

It's a bop and much better than everything we expected.

I agree that the verses slap much harder than the chorus and more Nelly would have uplifted the track. Would have loved to hear more of Nelly, cause she sounds fantastic and straight out of 2006.

It feels like it's missing a chorus. Like, imagine if Give It To Me skipped the "if you see us in the club, we'll be acting real nice" part and just went straight to the "give it to me give it to me" part instead. That's what this feels like. It needs something to bridge the pre-chorus and the chorus.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The song slaps, even if it would have definitely been better if Nelly’s vocals were more prominent💖

The outro is a bit meh on the first few listens, but I’m sure the whole track is a grower and has a good replay value

It just leaves a bitter aftertaste to think that she (seemingly) scrapped releasing Corazón for this, but welcome back Queen regardless!

• Like 1

Any streaming updates? 

LOVE THEM, LOVE IT :jonny5:

The outro, when Justin starts whining "I feel some kind of way", is definitively not making me go up :rip:
This part is so anticlimactic that it low-key kills the vibe of the whole song  :skull:

In general, it's better than anything Timbaland released in the last decade, but still missing a punch factor that would make it a massive instant bop.

On the other hand I have a feeling it's a grower, as it has a nice reply value.

Guess it'll be a hit if they shove it down our throats

wwwfpujke.gif

At least in some European counties :eli:

wwwfpujke.gif

Edited by karma police
  • Like 1

I love this now, been playing it all day. wish they did a video even if it was just something like Give It to Me but I guess thats doubtful

#1 and being on the cover of New Music Friday Germany (Deutschland) :heart:

Germany always stans Nelly Furtado :bird:

• Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 10:31 AM, Dark Miracles said:

He said a mix of Promiscuus and Say It Right?? :jonny5:

That sounds too good to be true

Well, Promiscuous/Say It Right sweeties, i’m so sorry. :emofish:

Mmm it’s cute but that’s about it :thing: but they’re pushing 60 so I appreciate their effort 

This was... not good. I knew to lower expectations because usually when commercially-successful female pop artists (or at one point they were a success/brand) try to return their commercial sound, it usually backfires. The song ends abruptly and weirdly, the chorus is pretty non-existent, and JT, strangely, is the best part of this thing, and I say this as someone who bought every Nelly Furtado CD from Woah Nelly! to Loose (I'm aware she released The Ride, but I switched to streaming when that album debuted). What a shame-- this could've been a great track. 

Everyone sounds good on this. Justin sounds like butter surprisingly. It’s good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.