Ahsoka | Star Wars Live Action D+ Miniseries | RT 88, MC 67 | Season 2??

stochastic

this was an amazing build-up to season 2 (or the Filoni movie)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cruelhprince

• Lovett

• publikcitizen

• WildAmerican

I don't know what to make of this show. I really thought it would be an Ahsoka character study and in particular focus on how she was forced out of the order and became a rogue. At least that's what I remember from the clone wars? In this show everyone refers to her as a Jedi, only Thrawn refers to her as a "ronin" once, in the finale. Instead this show is more about Sabine. The Ahsoka/Morgan duel was good, I do like the inclusion of the Night Sisters. But again, it hasn't really led to anything, it barely even expands their lore when they're such an interesting race. That one 20min episode of the clone wars where Ventress and Opress consult the Night Sisters to take down Dooku did way more with much less..

On 10/5/2023 at 1:08 PM, Dark Miracles said:

I don't know what to make of this show. I really thought it would be an Ahsoka character study and in particular focus on how she was forced out of the order and became a rogue. At least that's what I remember from the clone wars? In this show everyone refers to her as a Jedi, only Thrawn refers to her as a "ronin" once, in the finale. Instead this show is more about Sabine. The Ahsoka/Morgan duel was good, I do like the inclusion of the Night Sisters. But again, it hasn't really led to anything, it barely even expands their lore when they're such an interesting race. That one 20min episode of the clone wars where Ventress and Opress consult the Night Sisters to take down Dooku did way more with much less..

By both Legends and EU canon, she represents the Daughter (the Light side and Anakin as the Son ergo the Dark Side) and is considered a true Jedi in that sense. For all intents and purposes, she represents the Jedi Order at the dawn of time in their philosophy; not the corrupted Order that fell to Order 66. 

I think what this show is trying to do is multifaceted for several reasons:

1.  We got to see that Ahsoka was still trying to deal with her Clone Wars trauma (she blames herself for Anakin's fall to the Dark Side even though he explains it wasn't her fault).

2.  This show established the role Ezra and Grand Admiral Thrawn will play in the future (both of whom are now canonized). Thrawn in particular in his inclusion seems to be hinting at a crossover between Ahsoka, Book of Boba Fett and The Mandalorian.

3.  Because the EU is not canon, I'm theorizing that they're trying to recreate the Heir to the Empire trilogy in a roundabout way since we're currently not dealing with a recasted Luke, Leia and Han. Not least of which is Mara Jade Skywalker who is not canon currently.

I really loved this show and I just wish we could've gotten more than 8 episodes honestly but that's my only complaint (besides the fact where sometimes the show was a bit too focused on other characters). 

I'm just very excited to see what it'll lead up to coming next. :clap3:

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm late here but I just finished and...wow. Truly awesome series. I really, really enjoyed it. It's between this and Obi-Wan as my favorite Disney Star Wars series to date. 

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.