Rebel Moon | produced and directed by Zack Snyder | Part Two, April 2024

Anye

A new universe awaits on Netflix, starting December 22. From Zack Snyder, the filmmaker behind 300, Man of Steel, and Army of the Dead, comes REBEL MOON, an epic science-fantasy event decades in the making. When a peaceful colony on the edge of a galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of a tyrannical ruling force, Kora (Sofia Boutella), a mysterious stranger living among the villagers, becomes their best hope for survival. Tasked with finding trained fighters who will unite with her in making an impossible stand against the Mother World, Kora assembles a small band of warriors — outsiders, insurgents, peasants and orphans of war from different worlds who share a common need for redemption and revenge. As the shadow of an entire Realm bears down on the unlikeliest of moons, a battle over the fate of a galaxy is waged, and in the process, a new army of heroes is formed.

Cast:

Sofia Boutella as Kora, a former member of the Imperium who rallies warriors from across the galaxy to fight against the Imperium.

Djimon Hounsou as General Titus, former general of the Imperium recruited to lead the fight against the Imperium.

Charlie Hunnam as Kai, a mercenary starship pilot hired by Kora.

Michiel Huisman as Gunnar, a farmer and friend of Kora who joins her.

Staz Nair as Tarak, a blacksmith with the ability to bond with animals of nature and rally them in combat who is recruited by Kora.

Doona Bae as Nemesis, a cyborg swordmaster recruited by Kora.

Ray Fisher as Darrian Bloodaxe, a warrior recruited by Kora.

Cleopatra Coleman as Devra Bloodaxe, Darrian's sister recruited by Kora.

E. Duffy as Millius, a refugee warrior recruited by Kora.

Anthony Hopkins as the voice of Jimmy, the last member of a race of mechanical knights that served under the fallen king, recruited by Kora.

Jena Malone as Harmada, a lethal spider warrior recruited by Kora.

Ed Skrein as Admiral Atticus Noble, Balisarius' right-hand man, a high-ranking enforcer of the Mother World and leader of the Imperium army.

Fra Fee as Regent Balisarius, a tyrannical ruler of the Imperium and high-ranking member of the Mother World.

Additionally, Stuart Martin, Corey Stoll, Cary Elwes, Alfonso Herrera, Rhian Rees, and Ray Porter have been cast in undisclosed roles.

It looks like a Star Wars film that was pitched to LucasFilm in 2012 and rejected. :heart:

:jonny6:

A shame that we won't be able to see it in theaters 

Not sold on the CGI. I don't know how to explain but it looks like the less-Snyder film visually.

Looks amazing. Unfortunately it gives me "a lot of everything and nothing" vibes at the same time.  Snyder is a visionary in terms of visuals and does have a lot of creativity and interesting ideas, but he's a terrible writer (Sucker Punch). The fact that the writing credits for this are him and the guys from army of the dead + John Wick 3+4 + 300 doesn't give me much hope but who knows. 

Edited by Zerocoke

Well, it looks like a Zack Snyder film for sure. Sensory overload and slowmo everywhere. 

I can see the reviews already calling it overstuffed, bloated and unfocused. 

I'll check it out though for myself. Cautious

Looks great. I’m in.

Queen Doona stays booked and busy :clap3:

• 2 months later...

We WILL be watching! :jonny:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a ticket for an advanced screening of this tomorrow, while I love some early Snyder films (300, Watchmen, MoS) I also hate how he dragged the whole DCEU saga to the ground with his silly takes starting with BvS and then JL.

So I’m curious how this one is going to perform… I love Star Wars and Dune, and I like GotG and even Valerian but the fact that there’s going to be a directors cut with an extra hour out in a few months and then Part two in April? It already sounds messy and rushed but I’ll tell you all tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished watching it, and i really enjoyed it, as per every Snyder movie tbh.

Ok seeing all the reviews, I was going with very low expectations, but it wasn't that bad. I mean sure it wasn't anything special or innovative, but I'm a sucker for these type of scifi movies/shows. 

Overall I enjoyed it. I think.:rip:

I don’t think it was the as bad as I expected but it definitely wasn’t great either. It definitely felt like I was watching a Diet Coke version of Star Wars and Dune.

He should consider switching to direct perfume/fashion commercials if slow motion is his passion; because Jesus Chris of Nazareth, all the slomo shots serve nothing than just beauty shots keep dragging and dragging.

• ATRL Moderator

Just watched this. It was horrendously bad. Probably the worst movie I’ve seen this year. The nonstop slow-motion, the complete lack of character development, the piss poor world building, etc. Some of the visuals are nice? That’s about the only somewhat positive thing to say about this movie. 

If you’ve seen Star Wars: A New Hope, you’ve seen the good version of what this movie is trying to be. 

Imagine willingly watching Zack Snyder movie in 2023 :priceless: People really have nothing going on in their life, huh? 

I was so disappointed by this and was actively waiting for it to end :rip:

Why are they still letting him direct/write stuff :rip:

Gurl this was a mess but the visuals were great as usual. He needs to be a cinematographer or something. 

1 minute ago, venuss said:

I was so disappointed by this and was actively waiting for it to end :rip:

All that fuss over him a whole cult and this is what he produces 

But more importantly: who was the sexy actor who played that zombie-type guy that a space bug used to talk through in the "wild west saloon" portion of this movie?

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.