Journalist: Taylor Swift has reached a scary new level of fame

Carry My Heart

Taylor Swift has reached a scary new level of fame

The perfect storm of Taylor Swift's peaking fame and poor fan behavior coalesced at Jack Antonoff's rehearsal dinner

Plenty of ink has been spilled on the persistence, the obsessiveness, the slavish devotion of Swifties. “Swifties” here means a particular kind of Taylor Swift fan, the ones who monitor her every move and track every broken record intently on social media, who follow clues down the rabbit hole in a manner reminiscent of QAnon, who police each other and the culture at large to make sure that everyone is paying proper respect to their god-queen. Occasionally, these super fans use their powers for good. But all too often, their obsession serves as an ugly reflection of stan culture as a whole.

gettyimages-1661879390.jpg

Full article

Edited by Carry My Heart

But does she wear colourful wigs, rotten dress, stinky makeup? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The comparison to Jesus Christ of Nazareth :ahh:  

She really transcended the absence of the monoculture. But it is reaching a level that needs to be contained, lest something dangerous happen to her or others. Not blaming her at all, nor is there anything she can really do to quell it, but hopefully the more we talk about it the more people slowly back off of these massive unwarranted engagements.

Edited by WeFoundTrouble
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The way he described Swifties at the beginning reminded me of when people started to call themselves Lady Gaga fans as opposed to Little Monsters. 

The QAnon comparison feels just the tiniest bit misplaced, given how serious that movement/ideology has become for many families. But anyway, generally speaking, I agree with their concerns and I hope that after this tour, things cool down to the point where such events like the mob outside Jack’s rehearsal dinner no longer occur. I wish that would change right now, but I know it’s unreasonable to expect that. 

Society at large needs to step back from celebrity worship. They’re human beings. They aren’t above criticism, but they are deserving of basic respect, they are entitled to a private life - all these things are true. I know that Taylor must like the fanfare to at least some extent, but I’m sure she’s acutely aware of the concerning level it’s reached at virtually all times.

Personally, I’ll be happy once this tour is over, just because I worry about something happening. I was already nervous before it started, and the fever pitch Taylormania that has developed since then hasn’t helped.

• Like 1

I want another documentary about her. I wanna know how things have changed since then :giraffe:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Draper. said:

That comparison is a classic reference to the Beatles tho.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_popular_than_Jesus

No i know lol, it’s fun to see it truthfully applicable to someone in modern history since it didn’t seem we could attain such a feat in a post MJ world. (I will say Bey is pretty damn close from a cultural standpoint as well)

10 minutes ago, Draper. said:

The way he described Swifties at the beginning reminded me of when people started to call themselves Lady Gaga fans as opposed to Little Monsters. 

tbh I never willfully call myself a Swiftie. I technically am but I think I’m just a massive fan of her music more than I am the type to want to know her daily whereabouts :deadbanana4: 

• Thanks 1

I'll never understand people who do this. I totally understand the emotional connection to music, but showing up anywhere a celebrity is, is mental illness :deadbanana4:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EDIT: nevermind

Edited by Enrique523

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

No i know lol, it’s fun to see it truthfully applicable to someone in modern history since it didn’t seem we could attain such a feat in a post MJ world. (I will say Bey is pretty damn close from a cultural standpoint as well)

I think Taylor is at the point of her life when she needs to decide whether she wants to keep this level of fame or make it go away. So many people talked about this same experience. Adele said about Easy On Me and 30 before its release that she didn’t want to release another Hello type of smash, she wanted to do something that would be successful but not feed the myth. Bey has been clearly sabotaging most of her releases last decade. Even someone like Doja doesn’t want to be more popular than she already is. It’s a strange place to be and must not be easy to live life like that.

Tbh I don’t think Taylor will still be going as hard after The Eras Tour. It’s easier for her in comparison to Adele or Bey since she hasn’t decided to start a family, but if she ever does so she’ll probably like a safer environment for her kids. 

• Like 1

She is literally the biggest female music artist of all time. The most famous woman in the world right now. Not only does she have the "celebrity" part down, she also makes people buy and consume her music all over the world. In the age of being famous just for being famous, it's so impressive that she's also pushing her art. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

She is literally the biggest female music artist of all time. The most famous woman in the world right now. Not only does she have the "celebrity" part down, she also makes people buy and consume her music all over the world. In the age of being famous just for being famous, it's so impressive that she's also pushing her art. 

Too bad shes not using to to push anything else 

14 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

or anyone else

18 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

This is so silly, it’s not like Mozart Bach or Beethoven are remembered for being activists :rip: 

Music is one of the few uniting forces in the world. I see no reason for the most accessible artist of this time period to become a polarizing figure. It’s clear she believes in equal rights and is against white  supremacy or discrimination against people for their sexuality, gender, or race and for me personally that’s enough. She’s a good person, I don’t need her to be an activist or a politician. There’s actual people far more suited to those roles. 

• Thanks 4

I feel most a list celebrities would deal with this lol but okay 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

29 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

All time is questionable. Right now in celebrity-sphere. Sure.

The peak of Whitney Houston bodyguard or Madonna to me is much stronger. I can’t think of many who could touch it. 

Edited by FreeXone
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

This is so silly, it’s not like Mozart Bach or Beethoven are remembered for being activists :rip: 

Music is one of the few uniting forces in the world. I see no reason for the most accessible artist of this time period to become a polarizing figure. It’s clear she believes in equal rights and is against white  supremacy or discrimination against people for their sexuality, gender, or race and for me personally that’s enough. She’s a good person, I don’t need her to be an activist or a politician. There’s actual people far more suited to those roles. 

All of this means nothing because of your stan blinders.

If she was an activist for anything you be praising her up and down. Her country is currently dealing with the most polarizing politics we've seen in a while. Sure not everyone has to be a activist or politican. But when you are as big as she is you're doing a huge disservice to your fans and your country. 

Does she even have any speeches to support the lgbt community in her show? 

• Thumbs Down 4

most a list celebs deal with crowd forming? 

also comparing her to a prophet… so dumb and insensitive. lets see if people still discuss midnights selling 1.6M in the year 4045

• Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Exactly. EVERYONE knows where Taylor stand on those issues except OTHs on ATRL who are lying about her on purpose. Nobody from the GP will suddenly go from bigot to ally just because Taylor Swift said being bigoted is bad :rip:

• Like 1

She seemed done with Lover but Jesus how she turned the tables with folklore. She has been unstoppable since insta-tay.thumb.gif.08c3c625d5cb44b0da69

3 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

She seemed done with Lover but Jesus how she turned the tables with folklore. She has been unstoppable since insta-tay.thumb.gif.08c3c625d5cb44b0da69

I mean when you have the talent to pop out a folklore after everyone wrote you off, you deserve everything and more

insta-tay.thumb.gif.08c3c625d5cb44b0da69

• Like 1

I think she will maintain her level of fame from now on.

She have stans from every generation and the offspring of these generations will probably inherit the swiftie gene as well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.