Chloe x Halle interview (New Music & Future Collabs)

Armani?

https://www.elle.com/fashion/celebrity-style/a44821658/chloe-x-halle-pink-interview/

Can we expect new music from you as a duo soon? Are there any other artists you’d want to work with or are inspired by right now?

HB: Definitely. You can always expect new music from me and my sister. There are so many great artists today. I really love Summer Walker and H.E.R., and I really love what all of the women are doing right now, like SZA, too. The list goes on.

CB: Right now, I really love Travis Scott’ Utopia album. I’ve been really inspired by that and just life: going out and experiencing people celebrating and having fun and just seeing what gets different types of people going. I can’t wait for my sister and I to put that within our own music, in our solo music and group music. It’s gonna be fun now knowing who we are individually more, and what we can bring when we come back together as a group— that’s gonna be really exciting.

Chlöe, you released your debut solo album earlier this year. What’s been your experience as a solo artist, and how is it different than working with your sister?

CB: It’s definitely different. I don’t have my sister’s expertise and knowledge while I am creating, and usually while I’m producing or coming up with something, I’ll be like, “Sister, what do you think? What are you thinking?” I can’t do that with her, and I trust her opinion more than anyone, so it’s different. You really have to believe in yourself more wholeheartedly. Usually how I would get through group performances is I’d be like, “Okay, my sister is special. We’re special together. We’re gonna be great.” But when you’re on the stage by yourself, you really, really have to ground yourself and actually believe in yourself and not just say it just because it sounds good. That’s the difference. You definitely have to encourage yourself at times when you can’t find it.

Halle, congratulations on your new single, “Angel.” What are you most excited about with your solo debut? Are you announcing a new album anytime soon?

HB: Thank you so much. I’m so excited about the song; “Angel” was just for me to put something out there for myself and see what happens. The past few years have been really great. It’s basically just a love letter to my younger self about what I’ve been through, specifically this year with the movie and everything else, and what it feels like to have all these eyes on you. Just the words of encouragement and self-affirmation that you need. Hopefully in the future, more music from me and then also my sister and I together. It’s just a really beautiful time to be creative. We’re just grateful we get to do what we love.

45 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

And the baby halle?

There is no baby

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.