Saudi Arabia kills hundreds of Muslim migrants

Revolution

_130852960_111injuredmanfinal.jpg.webp

Saudi border guards are accused of the mass killing of migrants along the Yemeni border in a new report by Human Rights Watch.

The report says hundreds of people, many of them Ethiopians who cross war-torn Yemen to reach Saudi Arabia, have been shot dead.

Migrants have told the BBC they had limbs severed by gunfire and saw bodies left on the trails.

Migrants contacted separately by the BBC have spoken of terrifying night-time crossings during which large groups of Ethiopians, including many women and children, came under fire as they attempted to cross the border in search of work in the oil-rich kingdom.

"The shooting went on and on," 21-year-old Mustafa Soufia Mohammed told the BBC.

"They beat us, killed some and took those who survived to the hospital. The bodies of those killed were left scattered on the ground," he told the BBC.

"I was shot between my thighs near my groin, and my legs are paralyzed now. I can't even walk. I thought I would die."

Some survivors show signs of deep trauma.

In the Yemeni capital, Zahra can barely bring herself to speak about what happened. She says she is 18, but looks younger.  One bullet took all the fingers of one hand. Asked about her injury, she looks away and cannot answer.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-66545787

So Saudi Arabia is in the United Nations. If this is proven to be true, will they be held accountable to some degree on a global scale? 

Gosh that is horrendous.  How is Saudi Arabia not labeled as a terrorist state? (I know the answer…the answer just makes me sad) 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Gosh that is horrendous.  How is Saudi Arabia not labeled as a terrorist state? (I know the answer…the answer just makes me sad) 

whats your answer?

and why would be labeled a terroist state? lol? just because islam rules there?

Saudi Arabia continues to commit war crimes in Yemen every day. The monarchy's policy of murdering migrants and asylum seekers is an appalling crime against humanity. Millions of Ethiopians are being forcefully evicted, displaced, starved, raped, and killed by their government only to be massacred by the Saudi forces at the Yemen-Saudi border.

Obviously, this should be talked about more and it should be strongly condemned by the international community but of course, this is not happening because of their international relations. You can get away with these atrocities when you're an oil dictator. Hypocrisy at its finest. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Carter said:

whats your answer?

Lol, you came into this thread, with this title, saw someone complain about the Saudi Arabian government and seriously thought their only issue was that it was an Islamic county?  

To answer your question, no. It’s because the state uses violence and terror to maintain its power and is one of the worst state violators of human rights in the world.  (Honestly would not be surprised if it was the worst).  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

why does no one care when Saudi Arabia does this?

Because they are the richest country because of all the oil they have and people/governments like kissing rich peoples asses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, St. Charles said:

So Saudi Arabia is in the United Nations. If this is proven to be true, will they be held accountable to some degree on a global scale? 

Saudi Arabia is too rich and powerful for anything to realistically happen to them.  And no, it’s not just the US that has enabled this to happen, we are only part of the problem.  For example, the US condemned the assassination of that Saudi journalist and when the US asked SA to help prevent a surge in oil prices due to Russia invading Ukraine, they said no and actually increased prices as a way to “punish” everyone who condemned the assassination.  Their prince is the most morally corrupt and evil leader on earth, he likely knew of this and encouraged it.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Saudi Arabia is too rich and powerful for anything to realistically happen to them.  And no, it’s not just the US that has enabled this to happen, we are only part of the problem.  For example, the US condemned the assassination of that Saudi journalist and when the US asked SA to help prevent a surge in oil prices due to Russia invading Ukraine, they said no and actually increased prices as a way to “punish” everyone who condemned the assassination.  Their prince is the most morally corrupt and evil leader on earth, he likely knew of this and encouraged it.  

so saudi has to cater to the us for it not to be a terriost state? 

and about the journalist, that was an inside job but u can’t blame everyone for it just because they took responsibility

can you focus on the us issues like white supremacy, racism, gun control and terrorism? 

• Thumbs Down 1

One of the most wicked countries on earth. So much evil and human cruelty in today's world.

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Saudi Arabia continues to commit war crimes in Yemen every day. The monarchy's policy of murdering migrants and asylum seekers is an appalling crime against humanity. Millions of Ethiopians are being forcefully evicted, displaced, starved, raped, and killed by their government only to be massacred by the Saudi forces at the Yemen-Saudi border.

Obviously, this should be talked about more and it should be strongly condemned by the international community but of course, this is not happening because of their international relations. You can get away with these atrocities when you're an oil dictator. Hypocrisy at its finest. :) 

+ Add the fact you have to support the US 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

do you really know anything about the middle east affairs? i think you’re the one who live under a rock??

plus do i really have to pull up everything that the united states did???? its way worse that whatever saudi is doing???

the whole yemen thing? saudi is protecting itself from iran and the houthi movement??? 

the whole thing started because they took over the yemen government and took over the ports and wont let any saudi ship go through to the suez canal? so a terriost state called houthis took over the yemen to counterfeit saudi and its government but blame me for my reaction not what caused the action 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Carter said:

do you really know anything about the middle east affairs? i think you’re the one who live under a rock??

plus do i really have to pull up everything that the united states did???? its way worse that whatever saudi is doing???

the whole yemen thing? saudi is protecting itself from iran and the houthi movement??? 

the whole thing started because they took over the yemen government and took over the ports and wont let any saudi ship go through to the suez canal? so a terriost state called houthis took over the yemen to counterfeit saudi and its government but blame me for my reaction not what caused the action 

You cannot be serious. 

Typical ATRL/Reddit behavior: “whaT aBoUT DA US?!?!!?!” 

Nobody In here excuses the (many atrocities) the U.S. has committed. But many aren’t making excuses for a regime that currently causing a genocide and had questionable (at absolute best) connections to the perpetrators of the deadliest terrorist attack in world history.

Not to mention the despicable, medieval way they treat women and LGBTQ people (they’re not your friends sis, you’d be thrown off a rooftop there) 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Carter said:

? because they literally shoot migrants? to death? and leave their bodies there? What's not clicking?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sombre said:

? because they literally shoot migrants? to death? and leave their bodies there? What's not clicking?

hmmm? no they don’t they just deny their entry to the country similar as what the us does to mexico, shooting people is kinda an exaggeration by the media

and the british loyal family m*rdered princess diana for dating an arab man not interfering with a country policies, i don’t see u guys calling the uk a terriost state 

yes what they did is wrong and unforgivable but to call them terriost is a reach ur honor 

you guys truly have no idea how the middle east works and it shows, ur info is limited to what the media gives 

oil, jamal and yemen 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

17 hours ago, Bears01 said:

You cannot be serious. 

Typical ATRL/Reddit behavior: “whaT aBoUT DA US?!?!!?!” 

Nobody In here excuses the (many atrocities) the U.S. has committed. But many aren’t making excuses for a regime that currently causing a genocide and had questionable (at absolute best) connections to the perpetrators of the deadliest terrorist attack in world history.

Not to mention the despicable, medieval way they treat women and LGBTQ people (they’re not your friends sis, you’d be thrown off a rooftop there) 

sis no one is thrown from a rooftop lmao 

and give me a damn evidence by what ur saying 

at least the people there dont kill and shoot cause they have different opinions and beliefs lol

Edited by Carter
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

18 hours ago, Carter said:

2 hours ago, Carter said:

hmmm? no they don’t they just deny their entry to the country similar as what the us does to mexico, shooting people is kinda an exaggeration by the media

and the british loyal family m*rdered princess diana for dating an arab man not interfering with a country policies, i don’t see u guys calling the uk a terriost state 

yes what they did is wrong and unforgivable but to call them terriost is a reach ur honor 

you guys truly have no idea how the middle east works and it shows, ur info is limited to what the media gives 

oil, jamal and yemen 

2 hours ago, Carter said:

sis no one is thrown from a rooftop lmao 

and give me a damn evidence by what ur saying 

at least the people there dont kill and shoot cause they have different opinions and beliefs lol

Are you part of House of Saud ddd? Cause these mental gymnastics and whataboutism :skull: It is entirely possible to condemn Saudi Arabia and the US/UK/UAE. They are all complicit. This thread is about SA killing migrants in the border which is a well-documented fact. As far as I'm seeing, no one came here to defend the ongoing crimes committed by the US. This site definitely has a hate boner for arabs and isalmophobia flies under the radar, but this is not the case.

I'm not even American and I know enough about the "Middle East affairs" and how it works. Al Saud are criminals with too much blood on their hands and yall must be very deluded to still think Saudi is "defending" itself in Yemen. 

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Are you part of House of Saud ddd? Cause these mental gymnastics and whataboutism :skull: It is entirely possible to condemn Saudi Arabia and the US/UK/UAE. They are all complicit. This thread is about SA killing migrants in the border which is a well-documented fact. As far as I'm seeing, no one came here to defend the ongoing crimes committed by the US. This site definitely has a hate boner for arabs and isalmophobia flies under the radar, but this is not the case.

I'm not even American and I know enough about the "Middle East affairs" and how it works. Al Saud are criminals with too much blood on their hands and yall must be very deluded to still think Saudi is "defending" itself in Yemen. 

would u have a problem if i was? lol

what are those facts ur talking about, why did the war in yamen started then??? enlighten me pls

• Like 1

Are the Saudis now paying ATRL members to simp for them?  I cannot imagine anyone looking at the thread title and subject and thinking, “I really need to defend the people massacring migrants”

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

12 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Are the Saudis now paying ATRL members to simp for them?  I cannot imagine anyone looking at the thread title and subject and thinking, “I really need to defend the people massacring migrants”

First the China stanning, which in some ways I can somewhat understand, not support, but understand, since they have a committed ideology (Communism) that has supporters (I don’t understand why, but you do you). 

But stanning for the Saudis? This is a new low. And it’s coming from gay/bisexual men, where they’d be murdered without hesitation :rip:

29 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

First the China stanning, which in some ways I can somewhat understand, not support, but understand, since they have a committed ideology (Communism) that has supporters (I don’t understand why, but you do you). 

But stanning for the Saudis? This is a new low. And it’s coming from gay/bisexual men, where they’d be murdered without hesitation :rip:

using the term stanning for this is the new low.

you understand stanning china but u don’t understand for saudi? when china is way worse than saudi? just say you hate arab and leave

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Carter said:

using the term stanning for this is the new low.

you understand stanning china but u don’t understand for saudi? when china is way worse than saudi? just say you hate arab and leave

I HATE the Chinese government with a burning passion. But they at least have an ideology that millions of people across the world support in an attempt to thwart and diverge from capitalism. 

What there to Stan and support the Saudi government? “Yes, they support terrorists, murdering civilians, slavery, war crimes and oppression, but they’re Arab!!”

On 8/21/2023 at 5:16 PM, St. Charles said:

They are not Israel so the UN will ignore this just like they have been ignoring Saudi involvement in Yemen 

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.