Tweet dragging Taylor for carbon emissions and ecoterrorism goes viral

naval23

My boss asked me about this few weeks ago because when she was in town for her tour, she flew back and forth to New York after every show :deadbanana2:

He was like is Taylor Swift one of those climate change warriors? And I was no, she isn’t a climate change advocate. The way I defended her… a reverse atrl expedition :lmao: 

• Haha 2

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• orange22

• naval23

• Gui Blackout

• Rep2000

10 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

Every wealthy A-list celebrity has a private jet. Why focus only on Taylor? 

We all know why. Because it's cool to hate Taylor on ATRL so of course people are gonna act as if she's creating climate change all by herself :toofunny3:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Because she is pretty much undraggable in almost every aspect at the moment and they need to let their frustrations out one way or the other. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It’s a difficult one because whilst she should try and find ways to fly on commercial planes (some celebs manage to do it) I do understand that she’s probably concerned about her own safety. And let’s face it, her fans can be feral at times.

Whilst there are bigger climate change related problems in the world virtually every A-List celebrity has a carbon footprint 100,000 times the size of the average Joe and that’s worth criticism.

This includes everyone’s fave. Not just Taylor.

• Like 1

Because they don't really care about climate issue and just use it as a drag to a celebrity tbh.
Elon literally flies rockets for fun and no one says a word about him on his platform. So all these environmental keyboard warrior are just a bunch of cowards.

For another example, this guy Neymar literally flew a Boeing 747 *solo* when it can fly hundreds of people on it

HZ-WBT7_Boeing_B747-4J6_B744_Kingdom_Air

https://aviationsourcenews.com/general-news/neymar-flies-from-paris-to-riyadh-in-a-boeing-747bbj/

Edited by Rep2000

9 hours ago, orange22 said:

Whataboutism isn’t cute!

Focusing on celebs' travel history log when the entire aviation industry is only accounted for 2% of CO2 emission *is* whataboutism in its finest.

The music industry  :clap3:

And now The pollution industry :clap3:

LEGEND. :clap3:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Rep2000 said:

Focusing on celebs' travel history log when the entire aviation industry is only accounted for 2% of CO2 emission *is* whataboutism in its finest.

“But but but what about the others?!?!?!?” :isudumblmao:

11 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

"It's dangerous for her to fly commercial" is such an infuriating argument.

In 2022 (when she wasn't even touring) just one of her jets flew 170 times and spent 16 days in the air, emitting 8,293 tonnes of carbon. The average person would have to live 500+ years to emit as much carbon as Taylor Swift's one jet emitted in 1 calendar year.

"We can't blame the individuals when corporations..." we can when their carbon emissions are so absurdly large. Yes. We can. And we should.

I don't care if the tweet came from a right wing mouthpiece and I don't care if she "never actually talked about climate change" she deserves the lashings anyway.

Nobody is saying she has to fly commercial or swear off private jets. The problem is the zero consciousness in her use of it.

:cm:

3 hours ago, Arrows said:

It’s so funny how Taylor is always the lightning rod for all kinds of cultural conversations

The cause of increased lighting rods from climate change yas :clap3:

My faves fly commercial :giraffe: good for them

Eco-terrorist does have a certain ring to it :deadbanana4:

But what Taylor and other celebs do flying like that while the earth is literally burning is incorrigible. It shouldn't be something stans defend as though it's not affecting your future too :rip:

1 hour ago, lonnie said:

Eco-terrorist does have a certain ring to it :deadbanana4:

But what Taylor and other celebs do flying like that while the earth is literally burning is incorrigible. It shouldn't be something stans defend as though it's not affecting your future too :rip:

All the celebrities get dragged. I remember when Drake bought his last jet he was dragged for days. Taylor is currently the face of pollution because she is the #1 polluter. Like that girl doesn’t even stay in hotels while doing multiple shows in one city. She deserves the lashings :rip: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

All the celebrities get dragged. I remember when Drake bought his last jet he was dragged for days. Taylor is currently the face of pollution because she is the #1 polluter. Like that girl doesn’t even stay in hotels while doing multiple shows in one city. She deserves the lashings :rip: 

Right. Her stans keep saying how all celebrities have jets (and she's clearly not the only one that does it) but Taylor is leaving more carbon in the atmosphere than whole countries so of course she's going to get dragged most. And she clearly doesn't care because I thought she'd change a bit after getting exposed for it a while back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arrows said:

It’s so funny how Taylor is always the lightning rod for all kinds of cultural conversations

Yes, Taylor Swift is the lightning rod for the cultural conversation of climate change and CO2 emissions :toofunny3: ATRL is truly unintentionally hilarious sometimes

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

Some publication analyzed celebrities emissions based on public flight data and she was #1 I think. She does **** like sending a private jet to fly her cat cross-country.

7 hours ago, orange22 said:

“But but but what about the others?!?!?!?” :isudumblmao:

"But but but Taylor Swift still flies private jet!!!" :isudumblmao:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lonnie said:

Right. Her stans keep saying how all celebrities have jets (and she's clearly not the only one that does it) but Taylor is leaving more carbon in the atmosphere than whole countries so of course she's going to get dragged most. And she clearly doesn't care because I thought she'd change a bit after getting exposed for it a while back.

You all are not serious people if you think a country could produce less emissions than Taylor Swift :rip:

Like, which country? Name some of them, quickly.

I don't think it's a big deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 8/19/2023 at 12:59 PM, Tistotal said:

“she has never spoken a word about climate change" that's even worse

I’m cackling at Swifties flexing this into a shield to protect her. :ahh:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

"It's dangerous for her to fly commercial" is such an infuriating argument.

In 2022 (when she wasn't even touring) just one of her jets flew 170 times and spent 16 days in the air, emitting 8,293 tonnes of carbon. The average person would have to live 500+ years to emit as much carbon as Taylor Swift's one jet emitted in 1 calendar year.

"We can't blame the individuals when corporations..." we can when their carbon emissions are so absurdly large. Yes. We can. And we should.

I don't care if the tweet came from a right wing mouthpiece and I don't care if she "never actually talked about climate change" she deserves the lashings anyway.

Nobody is saying she has to fly commercial or swear off private jets. The problem is the zero consciousness in her use of it.

Thank you. Our earth is literally coming apart at the seams right now as I’m typing this. Wildfires are destroying entire cities and forests, a hurricane is about to hit the west coast, the southeast is slowly becoming uninhabitable due to extreme heat, the ocean off the coast of Florida is reaching 100+ degree temps… and this is just in America. We need to start holding the people who are doing this to our planet accountable, even if they are our faves. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

I don't think it's a big deal. 

Neither does Taylor

5 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Lol actually? Does she fly back to her residence for the day? Omg

On 8/19/2023 at 11:04 AM, Cruel Summer said:

Not this stupid clownery and misdirection again. Go after corporations and their emissions.

This kind of thing is literally just meant to perpetuate partisan bickering and prevent anything of substance from being discussed or getting done.

I agree with you. "Ethical consumption" is a mythical ideal. Real change ONLY happens through Government Intervention and Initiative. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 11:17 PM, hétérosexuelle said:

Why is this better or a defense talking point

AT ALL

:rip:

On 8/19/2023 at 11:44 PM, Lil Uzi Lust said:

They really said it with their chest all puffed out thinking that's a good thing. :rip: Taylor has some of the dumbest fans as evidenced by this thread unfortunately. But when you're one of the biggest stars, you unfortunately attract the most idiotic people. 

Some of you really struggle to connect dots, don't you? 

No one is using it to defend her. In reality, 

- a right-wing troll drags "hypocrite liberals" with Taylor and something she didn’t say

- people point out that she didn't even say what he claims 

- you:

It is really kind of ironic to talk about other people's intelligence with that much lack of self awareness, even hilarious some would say 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.