Tweet dragging Taylor for carbon emissions and ecoterrorism goes viral

naval23

Honestly the block was hot for a while with the private jet jokes :dies: once the Eras tour leaves the US it could get bad for her again 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• orange22

• naval23

• Gui Blackout

• Rep2000

1 hour ago, AMIT said:

This isn't the gotcha moment y'all think it is, though. :rip:

the way it actually makes it worse :dies:

OT: The stans trying to act as if this isn't a fair criticism... like take the L and move on

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

41 minutes ago, Taylena said:

If you all had the same level of dedication towards meaningful actions, such as participating in climate protests aimed at shutting down oil refineries and such, then maybe we could genuinely work towards addressing climate change. However, it's more than evident that your concern for this issue is conditional and only arises when there is an opportunity to assign blame to Taylor when probably most of your faves are also regularly travelling by jet. 

The only people here with "conditional" concern are the Swifties who act like they care about the environment but are unwilling to call Taylor out for her constant use of her private jet.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, naval23 said:

That's worse,...

Yeah I forgot all those other pop stars out there protesting next to Greta

• Haha 1

That account tweets that exact same tweet all the time :rip:

And Taylor never claimed to care about the environment. Besides the fact that all the other pop girls are eco-terrorists as well

• Confused 1

She is doing her part to make Florida blue again.  :clap3: We love a pop star dedicated to making the world a better place.

But in all seriousness, there were two threads about how police needed to be called when she went to a restaurant in NJ because of the crowds.  With the amount people like Taylor, Beyoncé, Rihanna, need to travel for their jobs, we can’t as a society treat them like we do and expect them to use commercial flights.  It’s a personal and public security/safety concern.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Well it's either the private jet or she gets hounded by her fans at random places like yesterday :giraffe:

1 hour ago, XAMJ said:

the top 1% emits 40% of carbon trash.

Source? That doesn't make any sense.

8 minutes ago, brazil said:

NOT "she never spoke a word about climate change" :redface:

It's so funny, they don't even realize... :rip: 

Private jet usage has never been about security.

It's about saving time and do more things in the same day. By skipping the long distance to the international airport by using smaller airports that exists everywhere and be airborne in less than 15 minutes.

In the United States alone, business airplanes can reach some 5,000 airports; the airlines only reach about 500

2 hours ago, Daddy said:

She and any other celeb who's using a private jet THAT many times a year is in fact absolute trash for doing so. 

This. The tweets dragging her singularly won’t do much. We need to be dragging celeb private jet usage across the whole industry. Call them all out. They all do it, it’s not Taylor exclusive. Taylor exists in a high wealth ecosystem where private jet usage has been normalized. She’s a symptom but not the cause.

The sad thing about mega-celebrities like her is I don’t think they could fly commercially. The GP is too unhinged and fanatic about Taylor for her to feel comfortable/safe flying commercial. So if I’m being totally honest I don’t know what her other best alternative to private jet usage is. I still think private jet usage alternatives should be looked into regardless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Venice B said:

I stan her for that like she's helping to end the world sooner and I'm 100% into it like end it all already queen I can't stand it anymore :clap3:

This. She’s truly gives her fans what they want. Not many can say that. :clap3:

Good. While I enjoy her music, I find her lack of care/concern for the environment, as she hops from one country to another between tour dates just cause she is financially able to, disgusting. Revolting, even.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, katykater said:

Private jet usage has never been about security.

It's about saving time and do more things in the same day. By skipping the long distance to the international airport by using smaller airports that exists everywhere and be airborne in less than 15 minutes.

In Taylor's case it's absolutely about security. 

2 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Not this stupid clownery and misdirection again. Go after corporations and their emissions.

This kind of thing is literally just meant to perpetuate partisan bickering and prevent anything of substance from being discussed or getting done.

There’s a very legitimate argument to be made that Taylor Swift (and all mega pop stars for that matter) are corporations and brands in of themselves. I think the whole “go after corporate emissions” absolves the 1% of their disproportionately greater contribution to climate change

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

Well it's either the private jet or she gets hounded by her fans at random places like yesterday :giraffe:

Yeah as if there’s absolutely no middle ground at all :bibliahh:

The way no one remembers who were the other 9 celebrities on that Top 10 list (that was based only in the tracking of 15-20 planes). :dies:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Yeah as if there’s absolutely no middle ground at all :bibliahh:

there really isn't if she's gonna get hounded by fans :giraffe:

1 hour ago, orange22 said:

Honestly the block was hot for a while with the private jet jokes :dies: once the Eras tour leaves the US it could get bad for her again 

And which block was that :bibliahh:people lost interest in that story within a week (and weird stans on Twitter aren't taken into account)

Also, the tour's already left the US. It can't be "bad for her" while she keeps smashing and growing her fanbase.

Edited by Carry My Heart

When u fly first class on Qatar they have a secret entrance for you.  Isn’t that an option everywhere else ?

i get the criticism but what is the alternative she’s touring the world

1 minute ago, Smarticle said:

there really isn't if she's gonna get hounded by fans :giraffe:

I mean yesterday was ridiculous but she can also go under the radar when wants to :michael: we see her when she wants to be seen for the most part 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.