Fifty Fifty files criminal complaint against ATTRAKT CEO

pride4jc1222

On August 17, 2023, FIFTY FIFTY (Keena, Saena, Sio, Aran) filed a criminal complaint against ATTRAKT CEO Jeon Hong Joon on the charge of violating the Act on the Aggravated Punishment, etc. of Specific Economic Crimes (breach of trust) at the Seoul Gangnam Police Station.

It came to light that CEO Jeon Hong Joon used the advance payment Star Crew Entertainment originally received from their album distributor for unknown expenditures, then nominally included it under girl group investment costs, meaning that ATTRAKT took on the financial obligation of that advance payment, and FIFTY FIFTY’s digital music and album revenue is being used to pay off this debt. 

Additionally, it was confirmed that ATTRAKT had the advance payment of 2 billion won (approximately $1.49 million) that needed to be received from FIFTY FIFTY’s album distributor deposited to Star Crew Entertainment, not ATTRAKT.

The above act is a crime that falls under commercial breach of trust by causing financial damage to ATTRAKT.

• Like 1

Welp. I hope they survive this, because he could definitely retaliate. :gaycat6:

I know obviously it takes long time courses of action in law but wished this was done earlier before their reputation totally tanked in Korea...

Like they are toast.

im so lost in this case, wasnt he selling his car and all to buy tik tok/spotify payola?

I'm so confused by all of it :chick3: Are they actually on the right or did they become bit too greedy and they now are just pushing their story just because it's their last resort :chick3:

I don't understand. Why are people here saying they are over for this?

I'm curious why Koreans always seem to side with the employer/company in these cases where workers are abused and worker's rights are ignored. Is there some history to that?

Edited by New Edition
  • Like 1

So people are hating on the group when they are the ones being finacially abused and shelved?

2 hours ago, CBC said:

im so lost in this case, wasnt he selling his car and all to buy tik tok/spotify payola?

2 hours ago, shinri said:

I'm so confused by all of it :chick3: Are they actually on the right or did they become bit too greedy and they now are just pushing their story just because it's their last resort :chick3:

2 hours ago, Green said:

I don't understand. Why are people here saying they are over for this?

1 hour ago, New Edition said:

I'm curious why Koreans always seem to side with the employer/company in these cases where workers are abused and worker's rights are ignored. Is there some history to that?

This is not true at all Koreans are more prone to rally for workers and have negative viewpoints of big corporations. Most of Korea's blockbusters since the late 2000s have portrayed megacorps/CEOs/the rich as villains. There is a very popular online site/app called Blind where employees share their life in the companies they work in and they can only join the site by showing proof they work in that exact company.

I think the issue here is the media has portrayed the girls as greedy and being misled by/siding with the wrong group of people. 

To Koreans this is how they see it: The whole situation started when ATTRAKT CEO said external force was poaching FIFTY FIFTY away from them (external force turned out to be The Givers/Warner Bros. Music Korea). Then FIFTY FIFTY filed for a contract termination lawsuit, siding with The Givers/Warner Bros. Music Korea due to ATTRAKT's doubtful income and overworking.

But on the outside, there was no abuse or worker's rights being ignored with FIFTY FIFTY. The CEO of ATTRAKT made sure the members got plenty of rest and did not promote during injuries. There was an instance where ATTRAKT CEO told an advertiser that they will not go forward with their deal until a member’s injury/surgery heals. Their promotion schedule was also not nearly as stressful and packed as other idol (rookie) groups. They lived in a $2600~ a month apartment with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which is unheard of special treatment for rookie (non Big 4 company) Kpop group. (This is all bare minimum but it goes a long way in Korea/Kpop industry. Plus there were bunch of 1st/2nd/3rd gen fans saying "back in my days my favs lived in basements!!!" :deadbanana2:).

The Givers, the company FIFTY FIFTY is siding with, has a lot of faults themselves. Their main producer allegedly stole Cupid's copyrights from Swedish producers by forging signatures, faked his academic credentials, etc. But the biggest offenses were sabotaging the ATTRAKT company. When Giver's leader and Warner Bros Music Korea initially tried to buy out FIFTY FIFTY from ATTRAKT CEO through a phone call (which The Givers/Warner Bros Music Korea initially denied), the ATTRAKT CEO smartly recorded the conversation through his Samsung Galaxy for evidence (Extra Korean pride!). Then there was an instance where The Givers main producer told advertisers not to email ATTRAKT CEO for FIFTY FIFTY ad deals and talk to him instead and then deleted those emails.

And of course, all the known mediaplay from the 60 year old ATTRAKT CEO saying he sold his cars and rolex and devoted his life to help fund FIFTY FIFTY. Now to people in Korea, of course they are going to judge the girls for “betraying” this man by claiming the company is shady to join an even shadier company. Not only that, the media is against them and people in the K-pop industry are against them (Korea Entertainment Producer's Association and Korea Entertainment Manager Association have all denounced The Givers/Warner Bros. Music Korea for the “immoral” poaching and have sided with ATTRAKT.) 

FIFTY FIFTY should have spoken out sooner because all their side said throughout this point was either "no comment" which basically means "yeah we ****** up in that instance" and “there is a lot of misinformation and fake news.” Warner Bros Music Korea should have done their own media play then. Legal viewpoint yes they should have waited and kept silent but now FIFTY FIFTY’s reputation in Korea is in the pits when they were never a big group to begin with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I Melt Away said:

This is not true at all Koreans are more prone to rally for workers and have negative viewpoints of big corporations. Most of Korea's blockbusters since the late 2000s have portrayed megacorps/CEOs/the rich as villains. There is a very popular online site/app called Blind where employees share their life in the companies they work in and they can only join the site by showing proof they work in that exact company.

I think the issue here is the media has portrayed the girls as greedy and being misled by/siding with the wrong group of people. 

To Koreans this is how they see it: The whole situation started when ATTRAKT CEO said external force was poaching FIFTY FIFTY away from them (external force turned out to be The Givers/Warner Bros. Music Korea). Then FIFTY FIFTY filed for a contract termination lawsuit, siding with The Givers/Warner Bros. Music Korea due to ATTRAKT's doubtful income and overworking.

But on the outside, there was no abuse or worker's rights being ignored with FIFTY FIFTY. The CEO of ATTRAKT made sure the members got plenty of rest and did not promote during injuries. There was an instance where ATTRAKT CEO told an advertiser that they will not go forward with their deal until a member’s injury/surgery heals. Their promotion schedule was also not nearly as stressful and packed as other idol (rookie) groups. They lived in a $2600~ a month apartment with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which is unheard of special treatment for rookie (non Big 4 company) Kpop group. (This is all bare minimum but it goes a long way in Korea/Kpop industry. Plus there were bunch of 1st/2nd/3rd gen fans saying "back in my days my favs lived in basements!!!" :deadbanana2:).

The Givers, the company FIFTY FIFTY is siding with, has a lot of faults themselves. Their main producer allegedly stole Cupid's copyrights from Swedish producers by forging signatures, faked his academic credentials, etc. But the biggest offenses were sabotaging the ATTRAKT company. When Giver's leader and Warner Bros Music Korea initially tried to buy out FIFTY FIFTY from ATTRAKT CEO through a phone call (which The Givers/Warner Bros Music Korea initially denied), the ATTRAKT CEO smartly recorded the conversation through his Samsung Galaxy for evidence (Extra Korean pride!). Then there was an instance where The Givers main producer told advertisers not to email ATTRAKT CEO for FIFTY FIFTY ad deals and talk to him instead and then deleted those emails.

And of course, all the known mediaplay from the 60 year old ATTRAKT CEO saying he sold his cars and rolex and devoted his life to help fund FIFTY FIFTY. Now to people in Korea, of course they are going to judge the girls for “betraying” this man by claiming the company is shady to join an even shadier company. Not only that, the media is against them and people in the K-pop industry are against them (Korea Entertainment Producer's Association and Korea Entertainment Manager Association have all denounced The Givers/Warner Bros. Music Korea for the “immoral” poaching and have sided with ATTRAKT.) 

FIFTY FIFTY should have spoken out sooner because all their side said throughout this point was either "no comment" which basically means "yeah we ****** up in that instance" and “there is a lot of misinformation and fake news.” Warner Bros Music Korea should have done their own media play then. Legal viewpoint yes they should have waited and kept silent but now FIFTY FIFTY’s reputation in Korea is in the pits when they were never a big group to begin with.

But what you've written here could be based off of the misinformation in the media, so some of it could be false. And now Fifty Fifty are claiming that Attrakt CEO is guilty of criminal charges. Where do these criminal charges fit in the kindly story of him letting them live in a nice apartment etc.? 

47 minutes ago, New Edition said:

But what you've written here could be based off of the misinformation in the media, so some of it could be false. And now Fifty Fifty are claiming that Attrakt CEO is guilty of criminal charges. Where do these criminal charges fit in the kindly story of him letting them live in a nice apartment etc.? 

Exactly. It sounds like that user is just saying korean's media version

1 hour ago, New Edition said:

Which is why I wrote "To Koreans this is how they see it" and why I said that they should have filed this earlier so this whole issue wouldn't blow up this much.

• Thumbs Down 1

even if you were on the CEO's side...why are people attacking the young members :skull:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.