πŸ‘‘ The Ultimate TABS S2 is...... (results at page 339)

Yvess

for the next round only songs with between 34 and 37 different words in the lyrics will be accepted

• Haha 2

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Kern

• poki

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

The headaches caused to out hoest over single-gate nnn I don't blame you if you're not gonna make single/non-single distinction rounds later on...

I hope you're doing better health-wise!

I will choose gratitude that despite the fails i've done, there's people who still like to play this game. I am going to be more careful next time in round comceptualization. i actually just want the TABSIE BESTIE phase to still have some spice and not make it too pair but not too solo type of gameplay.Β 

Β 

thank you for the well wishes about my health, i am feeling good, thanks to the ppl like u who checks up on me hihihihih

Β 

4bae7821ac5c19c160eede9779287c22.gif

Just now, lacy said:

for the next round only songs with between 34 and 37 different words in the lyrics will be accepted

if i approve this, you better be the human word checker for each entry lol

• Haha 1

You all are Leah Michelle and it shows. I even avoided to send a song by Shakira that was listed as a single even when it wasn’t and I just avoided any issue and now I’m being panned left and right but I followed the rulesΒ 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

You all are Leah Michelle and it shows. I even avoided to send a song by Shakira that was listed as a single even when it wasn’t and I just avoided any issue and now I’m being panned left and right but I followed the rulesΒ 

Whale you got a higher score from me for having followed the rules and you won't get a 0.2 neg so! It was a smash of a song and it went into my likes on spotify, i fear it just wasn't the bridge that made it so specialΒ :redface:Β Kelly Clarkson also suffered a similar fate

oh you thought you cleared goofy @lacy?Β 

Β 

I knew this was definitely going to come up & I should've provided my CONFIRMED Receipt to both @YvessΒ & @stupidjock as I was digging DEEP into T's Discography to rebound from last round. So lemme clear up that I TRIED DOES have a BRIDGE as:

1. Tinashe is the only songwriter of that song & 2. Legend confirmed it herself on Twitter as seen below

Track listing[edit]

No. Title Writer(s) Β  Producer(s) Β  Β  Length
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 
7. "I Tried"Β  Β  Β  Tinashe Β  Β Wes Tarte 4:35

So to conclude & negate your FAILED point Miss Ghostface, my song DOES have a bridge & I DID follow the rules so DON'T include me with the bimbos who don't know how to readΒ 

Β 

RUN ME BACK MY POINTS DIVAΒ 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZORBIT said:

Β 

I knew this was definitely going to come up & I should've provided my CONFIRMED Receipt to both @YvessΒ & @stupidjock as I was digging DEEP into T's Discography to rebound from last round. So lemme clear up that I TRIED DOES have a BRIDGE as:

1. Tinashe is the only songwriter of that song & 2. Legend confirmed it herself on Twitter as seen below

Track listing[edit]

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

So to conclude & negate your FAILED point Miss Ghostface, my song DOES have a bridge & I DID follow the rules so DON'T include me with the bimbos who don't know how to readΒ 

Β 

giphy.gif

Were ya'll not told to use genius as a source; also where does clarify what exact segment is a bridge

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Queen. said:

What judge is left? @Yvess

fountain

Plus that Bridge blends in w/the final chorus of the song so choosing to be dense is so funny to me

Β 

#RCAFreeTinasheMixtapes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZORBIT said:

Β 

Track listing[edit]

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Β 

giphy.gif

if that's the case, we will now lift your deduction

Β 

tysm queen!

• Thanks 1

Oh...

Β 

ririfan212.gif

Β 

Β 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, lacy said:

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

TABS SISTERS, WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE SCARY MOVIE?

Β 

It's me! Ghostface, AND YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE.

Β 

psst. not really!! It's me, Olivia Rodrigo, i'm just wearing a mask for halloween tee hee

Β 

Welcome to round 8!

Β 

In this round, the singles really impressed me, every single song was a smash with an excellent bridge and it was very hard to pick a winner from ya'll, two of your tracks ended up getting added to my spotify library afterwards too, slay queen!

Β 

As for the non-singles, less than half of you followed the instructions properly which I found very disappointing and it was a headache to judge, can we all please read the instructions and take our time with our entires next time? But to the three of you who did correctly follow the instructions, THANK YOU and SLAY, your efforts DO translate into more points from me, get it girlies!

Β 

Enough said, onto the crits!

Β 

Β 

SINGLES

Β 

Nicki Minaj

Β  Reveal hidden contents

- The bridge is a massive highlight in this song

- I love how it provided some breathing room in an otherwise very fast paced song

- β€œBoy, I’m in this club slow-mo” is a great opening line to slow things down

- The final line of the bridge was also a perfect way to transition back out

- Overall, amazing song selection, the bridge is very present, noticeable and significant to the track and represents actually what bridges are made for, amazing job

Rihanna

- I love the emotional build up the bridge provides before the final hook run

- It feels a lot like she’s being dragged in two completely different directions (β€œthat made everything feel better, and even then, my eyes got wetter”)

- I feel like the instrumental emphasis at the beginning of the bridge emulated a heartbeat and this was deliberate to convey the build up

- β€œMaybe i’ve been california dreaming” was such a beautiful way to end the bridge, tying back into the hook while providing a newfound emotional clarity

- I only wish the instrumental change was more prominent throughout the bridge and that the bridge captivated my attention more

Jessica Simpson

- The bridge of your submission felt less essential to the song than some of the other contestant’s bridges

- However purely on sound, that bridge was really damn beautiful

- I love the contrast of the really calm backing vocals against the POWER of miss jessicas voice

- You can really the feel the passion behind every word here and it’s indisputable

- The DRAMATICS of the final β€œI’m gonna love”

- hehe I’m going to be saving this one on spotify i fear thank u xoxo

Ciara

- Not the slur… nooooooooooooΒ :redface:

- I love how the bridge provides a beautiful down time in an otherwise infectious song

- I also love how the bridge is repeated, adding onto the infectious pull this song has

- Cute how she sings β€œwe can dance slow” as the song slows down, we stan that

- I love the promise of β€œwe will rock you” because she sure did!

- One of the more dramatic instrumental changes in a bridge so far, it demanded my attention and was incredibly satisfying to listen to, amazing submission, slayage.

Kylie Minogue

- Very short but sweet bridge here

- I was a little disappointed that it was reused lyrics from the first verse

- I did however love the dramatics in the instrumental change

- Her whispery vocals were so pretty, very much a calm before the storm

- The bridge did feel very essential to the track, I just wish there had been more to appreciate

Kelly Clarkson

- This is such a beautiful song however I personally feel like the bridge was one of the least impactful segments

- The softer run through of the hook directly after the bridge served a lot more and provided the change in tone normally provided by the bridge

- I also don’t feel like of the lyrics that stuck with me or got me in my feels came from the bridge

- At least Yvess said because it’s just a bridge round you can still submit this song again on another round where it be appreciated for its many strong points

ROSALIA

- Not relevant to the bridge nor to your score but I loved the cute doggo in the mv it’s so F*CKING CUTEEEEEEEE

- Also not particularly relevant but this is a f*cking bop oh my, i’m adding to my spotify kthx mwah

- When the bridge started my initial thought was β€œoh cute, a little billie eilish whisper vocal segment” but she not only uses the bridge to change up the pace of the song, she changes up the pace of the bridge itself halfway through

- This is also one of the more lengthy bridges submitted, I love that you submitted something with a HEAVY bridge

- I love the energy behind so many of the lyrics in the bridge, β€œI'm your little devil on naughty nights”, β€œYou're a lucky motherfucker 'cause you found me”, she is TAKING IT.

- I love how the bridge leads into CHAOS - from soft adlibs to booming bass to the pitched vocals, this bridge is the DEFINITION of calm before the storm

- Amazing submission, the assignment was understood

NON-SINGLES (except half of them are infact singles)

Β 

FKA Twigs (V1)

- You can always rely on FKA to do things in an unusual way, throughout most of this round we’ve seen the bridge used as a downtime, but FKA uses it to give us a peek behind the curtain into the darker side of the track, and I admire the different approach

- I like how the bridge continued the talk of wishes without posing the same question as the chorus

- I love the dramatics of it, she sounds so far away, the instrumental turns to something straight out of a movie, and she’s saying β€œyou’re running” and i just imagine her chasing him nn

- However I’m not feeling like the bridge of this song was one of the highlights of the track, the final run of the hook and the outro stood out a lot more to me

- Also gorllll not this being a single noooooo noooooooooooo

FKA Twigs (V2)

- Now THIS is a song with focus on the bridge, the bridge is by far the most important section of this song, even being the section the track was named after

- It’s another really interesting use for a bridge, instead of providing downtime and build up, this is what WAS built up to.

- Second time’s the charm bc this was an amazing submission

SZA

- SZA coming through with another different use for a bridge! This time using it as an outro oop

- This bridge is one of the prettiest submissions imo, it sounds like the resolution to the struggles spoken about in the song and like a promise to herself. The change in tone provided by the bridge was used really well to emphasise the importance of these last few words of the song.

- I love how repetitive the bridge is and the instrumental at the end of the bridge, it makes me feel like i’m listening to a kind of motivational lullaby? not sure how best to express it, but it’s a compliment

Mariah Carey

- This bridge failed to captivate me, there wasn’t a huge differ from the rest of the song neither in sound nor lyrical content

- It feels like this bridge only exists as a vocal range flex

- The bridge does not feel significant in this song, the final hook stole the show, it feels like the bridge walked so that the final chorus could run

- Just found this also WAS a single nooooooo

Shakira

- This song is a bop, the hook has got me gripped omg, added to my spotify library ty b

- The bridge was kinda disappointing in how it sounds, it felt awkwardly placed in and I wouldn’t blink if it was removed from the song, sorry

- However I do love a lot of the lyrical content in the bridge, β€œand when you think it’s all i got, i’ll bring it up a notch” & β€œbaby im your girl, and this is how i show my love” are such badass feel-good lines

Madonna (V1)

- According to the website genius which you were asked to use as a source in the round briefer this song does not have a bridge, so for the purposes of this I’m going to treat the breakdown as the bridge as those are the lyrics you sent in

- Lyrically the breakdown provides nothing new, as the same lyrics were used in the chorus and post-chorus

- Not another single-gate track, this being a single without a bridge in a non-singles best bridge contest hfejfg??

Madonna (V2)

- Not particularly relevant to the competition but I love this song so much, such a classic

- This bridge is very short and not a particular highlight of the track sadly

- I will say it does a good job of hyping up to the final chorus run, it serves its purpose

- I fear we both know if you take your time more with entires you can slay harder

P!nk

- Wow, what an emotional bridge, and song in general

- I love the way she interrupts herself in the chorus to start the bridge, it made the bridge feel more like a spontaneous release of emotions

- This was a beautiful use of a bridge that added a lot to the song and overall a very strong entry, slayyy

Tinashe

- Another song without a bridge, but it also lacks any traditional structure according to genius so! at least it wasn’t a single

- However, god damn whatever that segment is, is beautiful. Definitely a highlight of the track.

- It feels to me like she broke the repetitive and cryptic way of talking about the situation to speak her truth and I love and stan that.

- I love how much she establishes her self worth here β€œCause unless I can sell it, consider it chucked” nn as she should

- I also love the pettiness of β€œI hope your next girlfriend is a cheat and a *****”

And thus concludes the bridge segment, feel free to cry below, mwah mwah xoxo

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

tags:

Finally!!! A praise after so many rounds!!Β spacer.png

Β 

thanks mom!! NASHELÍA for the cumbackkkk :WAP:

• Haha 2

On 9/28/2023 at 1:39 AM, Yvess said:

(we will take what is confirmed to be a bridge in legit sources such as GENIUS)

mhm mhm so true speak the truth yes

• Like 1

Just now, lacy said:

yeah then we will also take what miss tinashe said lmao

so as long as that tweet is true and hopefully we do not have to investigate for that lmao

1 minute ago, Kylie Verzosa said:

Finally!!! A praise after so many rounds!!Β spacer.png

Β 

thanks mom!! NASHELÍA for the cumbackkkk :WAP:

You took this round, you ran with it, and we CANNOT CATCH YOUΒ :jonny:

well mld can but y'know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Single-gate oml. Can SZA get an extra 1 point for being unproblematic (this round) and following the rules @Yvess?Β 
Β 

:party:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There can't just be a non-messy round of this game ever :skull:

• Haha 3

Just now, lacy said:

Were ya'll not told to use genius as a source; also where does clarify what exact segment is a bridge

So Missy if you google RapGenius' history, you'll see they literally opened in Aug of 2009. T's Mixtape dropped in '12, so I doubt them (in 3 years of being active) putting some new indie R&B girl's mixtape lyrics on their priority list when there's a billion songs they were updating at that pointΒ 

3 minutes ago, lacy said:

Girl it's baffling you're choosing to be this dense, I'm sure if Olivia randomly dropped some heartfelt song considered as a non-single & HER TWEETING BRIDGE VERIFICATION due to fan acclaim, I'm sure you would also believe the SONGWRITER #BelieveWomen

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

While I think Tinashe is fine, the judges confusion is completely understandable if the only evidence of that song having a bridge is a tweet from 2015 :rip:Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZORBIT said:

So Missy if you google RapGenius' history, you'll see they literally opened in Aug of 2009. T's Mixtape dropped in '12, so I doubt them (in 3 years of being active) putting some new indie R&B girl's mixtape lyrics on their priority list when there's a billion songs they were updating at that pointΒ 

Girl it's baffling you're choosing to be this dense, I'm sure if Olivia randomly dropped some heartfelt song considered as a non-single & HER TWEETING BRIDGE VERIFICATION due to fan acclaim, I'm sure you would also believe the SONGWRITER #BelieveWomen

genius is updated by the fans when they can site a source it's not 3 nerds, songs from well before genius was founded are correctly tagged

Β 

i'm not denying that there is a bridge, clearly the tweet addresses that, i'm asking how can we be sure which segment is actually the bridge, because the segment you submitted was unusually long compared to all of the other submissions, unless you can pull up a receipt of her clarifying the start and end of said bridge i fear i disagree with you

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jai said:

Single-gate oml. Can SZA get an extra 1 point for being unproblematic (this round) and following the rules @Yvess?Β 
Β 

:party:

Girl if she give you a point for this I want two points

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Drama is gonna be till the finale, isn’t it?

I'm afraid so.

Β 

ibdn0PTUEPspne.gif

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZORBIT said:

Also just wanna loop back around to say considering I'm not giving you any unfair treatment; simply holding you to the same standards as everyone else, it'd be appreciated if you would not call me "dense" as you are continuously doing and instead just clarified the confusion that you yourself knew would be an issue.