👑 The Ultimate TABS S2 is...... (results at page 339)

Yvess

• ATRL Moderator

Thank you judge CBC! 

This seems like the most unpredictable round, none of the judges seem to really agree with each other.  Makes it exciting to see what the final results will be!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Kern

• poki

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

Wait.

As it was pointed out, Nothing Fails apparently has a radio edit that is different than the version I sent. Mariah has the album version of Whenever You Call while this version was a single.

Why is Nothing Fails not allowed then. The officially released version is shorter by a minute then the version I sent.

Why is Whenever You Called allowed and Nothing Fails is not?

rya3h.gif

I think there is some debate regarding how a promo single should be counted. To me, a promo single is not an actual single and should be eligible for the non singles round. Mariah’s song was a promo I believe but never fully serviced. 

22 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

Exqueeze me, are we not counting the mumble section as part of Push's bridge? Cause that's why I sent it. I love that part the most. 

rya3h.gif

Bump 'cause that mumble part is unique, so wouldn't that be part of the bridge as well? :lakitu:

And so far it seems like my first review is based on the shortened version from the Tumblr link. 

And that part is excluded from the tumblr link.

Edited by Hey Dude

4 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

Bump 'cause that mumble part is unique, so wouldn't that be part of the bridge as well? :lakitu:

And so far it seems like my first review is based on the shortened version from the Tumblr link. 

What mumble part? The final chorus which has vocodered vocals along with M's?

2:45 - 3:05

That's different from the final chorus that follows afterwards :lakitu:

1 hour ago, Invisibility said:

What mumble part? The final chorus which has vocodered vocals along with M's?

Actually you're right, the lyrics sites claim that section is part of the last chorus rip me

• Like 1

This is all coming from a desire to stay in the game btw. I DON'T want to be sent home or be like "I quit, Madonna outsold anyways". 

But it would be good to get confirmation on the Mariah track cause that DOES raise an eyebrow let's be real. 

1 hour ago, Hey Dude said:

Wait.

As it was pointed out, Nothing Fails apparently has a radio edit that is different than the version I sent. Mariah has the album version of Whenever You Call while this version was a single.

Why is Nothing Fails not allowed then. The officially released version is shorter by a minute then the version I sent.

Why is Whenever You Called allowed and Nothing Fails is not?

rya3h.gif

Another credited promo single :dies:

A promotional single is a single that is made available to radio stations, nightclubs, music publications, and other media outlets by a record label to promote a commercial single or album. 

Non-single results will be fun w/all these point deductions

d1WUwae.gif

Not single-gate continuing on.... save us!! NOW!!!!

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

Just redo the entire round at this point :rip:

• Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

I still think promo =/= single btw 

• Thanks 1

Mind you some players actually wrote to game master and asked if their promo singles are okay and he said no. The rest were just to lazy to check whether their entry is a promo single and if it even has a bridge. Points deducted, now moving on 

Late-cy oh late-cy had done all but 2 songs

Two more then re-submitted

I have spent the last twelve hours or so throwing up

I will rest a lil more then drop the crits and final results within 12 more hours or you may eat my cat

I don't have a cat

Love and guidance

Money and drugs

mwah mwah

spacer.png

also not single-gate happening again nn

Edited by lacy

MLD's Critiques

Eight Lesbian Cartoons You Grew Up With (but never realized)

@Queen. - Nicki Minaj - Va Va Voom

Yes. Very much a slay. Attitude, swagger, flirtatious bodaciousness. Elevates the song and makes the final chorus more anthemic. Just, fantastic choice.

@blackoutbaby - Rihanna - California King Bed 

This is a good choice. I wouldn't say its the best however. You actually could have submitted for the non-singles instead and used Fire Bomb, which would have secured a higher score from me. Still, California King Bed in the singles department works because the guitar remains consistently good, Rihanna's vocals remain consistent as well and it keeps you going into the last chorus. 

@khalyan- Jessica Simpson - I Wanna Love You Forever 
This was your best option. And it works. Jessica, while she flops at hitting these notes live, actually managed to do it in the studio so it does give it more power heading into the final chorus. So, you're still holding on! Good job!

@Dessy Ciara - 1, 2 Step
You've been on quite the streak with me lately. Another solid entry. 1,2 Step is iconic for a reason. Every part of it slays and the bridge is no exception.

@Psycho Kylie Minogue - All the Lovers

I do love all these Kylie songs. This is a good song. But it doesn't have that good of a bridge unfortunately. It just comes and goes. 

@Legend E - Kelly Clarkson - Because of You

Oh man. The emotion here :jonny6: - this helped prepare us for the key change in the final chorus. This song is devastating yet so iconic. 

@Kylie Verzosa - Rosalia - TUYA

I mean, it's ok but it doesn't go anywhere. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Invisibility - FKA Twigs - Figure 8 

Ellie Goulding wants her song title back. That bridge was like an Exorcist audition. At least it was interesting I guess...

@Jai - SZA - Normal Girl 
This was cute. It's the best part of the song. Would have been interesting though to see you participate in the singles category instead with Good Days. But still, you're doing fine. 

@Overprotected - Mariah Carey - Whenever You Call

This was pretty good. Built up the intensity for the key change in the final chorus. Nicely done. 

@Julia Fox- Shakira - When a Woman

I mean, it's ok, but she had to have better options than this right? Like...the bridge is the best part but it doesn't save the fact that she sounds like a crazy ***** on this song. 

@fiercE - P!nk - Long Way To Happy

You came to deliver and you succeeded. This has always stuck out to me, especially knowing the meaning behind the song. Just devastating and amazing at the same time. 

@ZORBIT - Tinashe - I Tried

This is your best entry in the whole game. No cap. She really went in on this and the bridge is a great highlight of it. Nice job!

@Hey Dude - Madonna - Push 
You just pushed yourself to the elimination zone sweetie. In retrospect I'm glad you didn't stick with Avril because the way you have treated Madonna this game has been horrific. I would have been EXTRA pissed if you destroyed Avril so...yeah...you pushed me into saying this. Look what you made me do.

@Yvess @stupidjock @lacy @CBC @fountain

1 minute ago, MusicLoverDude said:

@Hey Dude - Madonna - Push 
You just pushed yourself to the elimination zone sweetie. In retrospect I'm glad you didn't stick with Avril because the way you have treated Madonna this game has been horrific. I would have been EXTRA pissed if you destroyed Avril so...yeah...you pushed me into saying this. Look what you made me do.

If I did Avril, I would send When You're Gone for this round I think  :bird:

• Thanks 1

Regarding Promo Singles Fiasco

I assume you guys know your artist's discography well so we put in a level of trust when you submit your entries

Some players even ask if their entries are ok or not, and that's when we get to answer and be fully made aware about a song being a promo single or nah.

From now on, we will give a 0.40 point deduction to Mariah's final individual score since she cannot change anymore and the critiques of the judges are almost done

(waiting for two more)

Thank you.

Also, to take effect next round, the fate of promo singles will be decided

we will ask the whole panel their thoughts about 

PROMO SINGLE = SINGLE or not

For me, the reason why I decided on it to be that way so that there will be more songs to choose from for singles if we include promo singles.

If we will remove promo singles as singles, there might come a time that a round is going to ask for you to send in a single and you might want to send a promo single for it instead.

Example: ELEMENTS ROUND (SINGLES ONLY ROUND)

i'd love to use WALKING ON AIR by Katy Perry

so for this reason,

I want to still consider a PROMO SINGLE as a SINGLE as I think it is will be more beneficial to the players

You can only have problems with it if you don't want to research about it tbh.

VOTE TALLY

PROMO SINGLE IS A SINGLE = 1

PROMO SINGLE IS NOT A SINGLE =  

at this point, i'll let you guys decide about the fate of promo singles 

@stupidjock @MusicLoverDude @fountain @CBC @lacy

thank you so much!

Edited by Yvess

Round 1 - doesn't matter cause no one went home

Round 2 - Girlfriend

Round 4 - I Fell In Love With the Devil / Rock n Roll

Round 5 - Innocence

Round 7 - Fly

Round 8 - When You're Gone / Innocence

Also I did that Fergie example 2 rounds ago which I think definitely would do good here.

Round 2 - Fergalicious

Round 4 - Clumsy / A Little Work / basically whatever for conceptual hoenstly

Round 5 - Love is Pain

Round 7 - Just Like You

Round 8 - Big Girls Don't Cry / Losing My Ground

I can even do a set for Geri Halliwell

Round 2 - It's Raining Men

Round 4 - Lift Me Up / Look At Me / Bag It Up 

Round 5 - Calling 

Round 7 - Very Slowly (a ******* BOP but it's basically the same 30 seconds on repeat)

Round 8 - Look At Me / Strength of a Woman

It's just Madonna that makes my IQ go even lower than my usual -40.