👑 The Ultimate TABS S2 is...... (results at page 339)

Yvess

stupidjock's essays

stupidjock

SINGLES

@Queen. - VA VA VOOM

Nicki had no business going this hard and yet that's what she did. See, when you're the queen of rap... This song is adorably weird and shamelessly bops throught whole thing. That era was also good for bridges I think, since this one reminds of Kesha's Animal - another classic that redefined importnace of slayful bridges.

@blackoutbaby - CALIFORNIA KING BED

I feel like Rihanna has better bridges in her singles than this. This feels rather lackluster and aged to me.

@khalyan -  I WANNA LOVE YOU FOREVER

Cool vocal performance and very dramatic :psyduck: The bridge elevates it for sure, it's not my favorite entry but a solid one xoxo

@Dessy - 1,2 STEP

This bridge is sooo good! Such an amazing intro to Missy feature and that key change. One of my favorite entries this round. Ciara and Missy are perfect duo. Promiscuous 2.0.

@Psycho - ALL THE LOVER

Ohh okay, that's a good one too. I remember seeing the music video for the first time as a youngster and thinking that it's not very sublte but that bridge gave me goosebumps and had no choice but to watch again and again. Now that I listen to it, production goes hard from the bridge onwards. Amazing song and cool introduction to Kylie for (child) me.

@Legend E - BECAUSE OF YOU

I don't know what to think about this. I listened three times and each time the bridge did nothing for me. It's just kinda there.

@Kylie Verzosa - TUYA

I have no choice but to stan the tone change that the bridge introduces. Otherwise the song would go too far with its repetitivness, so there's that.

NON-SINGLES

@Invisibility - SAD DAY

I love the fourth and final single from Twigs' second studio album, Magdalene that fell under the non-singles category. Production is my favorite part of the song and that's why I like FKA songs. This one feels like it shapeshifts all the time which might make it hard to oultine the bridge. But it's a solid entry

@Jai - NORMAL GIRL

This is another example of the bridge saving a song from repetitivness and here it does it good :clap3:

@Overprotected - WHENEVER YOU CALL

I guess it's okay? Since its so praised but imho I don't feel this bridge, it sounds too much like the rest of the song.

@Julia Fox - WHEN A WOMAN

Bridge is definitely the strongest part of that rather lackluster song for Shakira standards. But it's still lacking.

@Hey Dude - NOTHING FAILS

Elementary school years. For some reason pirated CDs appear at my house, they're all signed. One of them says - MADONNA, RAY OF LIGHT. I put the CD in my player and from the RAY OF LIGHT CD starts playing American Life. That was an era before streaming and access to discovering music was much harder. My introduction to Madonna was then that RAY OF LIGHT CD that played me American Life. It was also time where my parents were not the greatest in parenting and I needed an escape. Books was one of them - another was this stack of wrongly signed CDs.

I will never forget listening to Nothing Fails for the first time. This song made me put down the fantasy book I was reading because I couldn't focus on reading anymore. There it was - music, my greatest passion since I played that RAY OF LIGHT CD. 

@fiercE - LONG WAY TO HAPPY

Damn, she kinda went hard with the emo vibe here and I'm liking this. It's very strong and honest and that's what I want.

@ZORBIT - I TRIED

I love the epic vibe this song and the bridge has. Definitely one of my favorite entires.

Edited by stupidjock
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Kern

• Year of Shadow

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done 7/14, notes coming soon, just wanted to say I've added 2 of these songs to my library oop

spacer.png

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

So Twigs sent a single in the non-single category? :rip: 

• Haha 2

hi, im officially sick rn

so maybe @Invisibility made an honest mistake with ha entry (basing it on their pm chat with nicki and hoests)

next steps about this will be revealed once we hear from INVI. ty

• Like 1

@Invisibility changed her entry and it was an honest mistake from them based on their explanation

Since the deadline was actually not up, we allowed a change

but this one will come with a 0.20 point deduction on FKA's final individual score

tysm

we are also addressing the same concern with @Hey Dude right now

The original deadline is on 30th, 6PM,

so we will allow her to change the entry asap

a point deduction will also be in effect

If the deadline is up and Madonna doesn't change her entry,

her individual score will be halved.

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

So Twigs sent a single in the non-single category? :rip: 

Turns out I wasn't the only one to slip-up :monkey: when it turns out Madge and I bottom again because of it, I-

Edited by Invisibility

ALSO,

I will appreciate it if you guys will read fully the round briefs I post before jumping on picking entries

I think it is quite lengthy

I highlighted important parts

Google is free to research also the eligibility of your picks

I will be taking full accountability of this mishap once again 

but please, it is not so hard to ask me or my co host for any clarification about the round

I am addressing this to everyone so that we avoid this problems in the future

(I'm rly sick rn and i have to open my laptop to format stuff and wait for Madonna to change entry too :( ) 

I assume you guys know well your artists more than me so I really put in my trust when you guys present your entries, knowing that you have read the round briefs. 

I was comfortable to only answering when you guys ask if a promo single is more leaning on single or non single and i usually respond with - a promo single is considered a single IMO.

but then again, you guys gotta ask me about those coz I don't fully know your artists :( 

I apologize, everyone, will do better next time about this.

Edited by Yvess

Welp the positive is turns out I like my new entry more, and it shows a different side from my gal, I hope the judges stan :party:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

Welp the positive is turns out I like my new entry more, and it shows a different side from my gal, I hope the judges stan :party:

we will see :razzle:

• ATRL Moderator
12 minutes ago, Yvess said:

I assume you guys know well your artists more than me so I really put in my trust when you guys present your entries, knowing that you have read the round briefs. 

I was comfortable to only answering when you guys ask if a promo single is more leaning on single or non single and i usually respond with - a promo single its considered a single IMO.

but then again, you guys gotta ask me about those coz I don't fully know your artists :( 

I apologize, everyone, will do better next time about this.

:gaycat1:

2 minutes ago, CBC said:

that one entry

i wonder which entry is it lmao

24 minutes ago, Queen. said:

thanks judges

nickiminaj5.gif

well deserved tbh

• ATRL Moderator

wait the essay for madge :weeps:  why did my flop ass have a sort of similar experience with ROL/AL :weeps: 

When I was first getting into M I felt so lied to when the critical reception was so bad for the album, because the emotional moments in American Life are a total triumph, and acclaimed indie single Nothing Fails is no exception :jonny5:

8 minutes ago, Legend E said:

wait the essay for madge :weeps:  why did my flop ass have a sort of similar experience with ROL/AL :weeps: 

5 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

When I was first getting into M I felt so lied to when the critical reception was so bad for the album, because the emotional moments in American Life are a total triumph, and acclaimed indie single Nothing Fails is no exception :jonny5:

The way I poured my heart out for a song that’s not eligible 

• ATRL Moderator

I have no understanding as to why AL is such a hated album when it is one of, if not her most personal ones. Intervention, Nothing Fails, Mother and Father (acoustic :eli: ), X-Static Process, Easy Ride :jonny6:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

Hoping to get critiques from the part of the panel that already RUviewed, but no pressure if you don't @Yvess @stupidjock :chick1:

Sure ima do them when Madonna sends hers too :* 

Edited by stupidjock
  • Like 1