👑 The Ultimate TABS S2 is...... (results at page 339)

Yvess

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Kern

• Year of Shadow

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for seeing the vision judge FKA the70s :party:

Round 2 Clue:

Spoiler

wozzy-trolluje.gif

count-me-in-golden-girls.gif

original.gif?resize=1400,9999&ssl=1

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Psycho said:

sasha2.thumb.gif.5e8643d7925b8c0f24eb053c2ed0033a.gifYvess

:smitten: 

serving c u n t y energy

1 hour ago, Yvess said:

Round 2 Clue:

Hide contents

wozzy-trolluje.gif

Golden Summer

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

MLD's Critiques - Camp Fierce

9x03 Arthur Weighs In; The Law of the Jungle Gym - YouTube | Law of the jungle, Dw memes, Arthur ...

@Dessy - Ciara 

She's a very good dancer, and she has pretty decent stage presence. Her vocals could have been better though and there were times where I felt like the energy may have been lacking. One, Two Step in particular has become an iconic party anthem and Goodies was also a great song but I feel like this performance didn't completely go above and beyond with the energy like it should have. It was there, but I was wanting more than what we got. Decent, but could have been better.

@Queen. - Nicki Minaj 

This performance should've been a lot better than it was. Nicki can rap, yes, but her stage presence is weird here. The dancing bits didn't seem as fleshed out as they could have been as well. And then as if it couldn't get any worse, we get her remixed verse from Till the World Ends which she sounds HORRIBLE on and then we get Britney coming out with her usual lipsyncing. Given that this is a first impression, WE DID NOT NEED AN ESTABLISHED STAR COMING IN AND TAKING AWAY TIME FROM NICKI!  so yeah, not good.

@PoKiTaurus - Madonna

Oh man...Madonna's debut era was the definition of generic 80s pop. It's hard to really have a good unique identity when you have dated production as your backdrop. This performance as a result was ok, she's a decent dancer, but this didn't have the same stage presence that Kylie had with her generic 80s performance. There's a reason the Madonna we know and respect blew up for other songs after this one. Not bad, but not mind-blowing, that's for sure. 

@blackoutbaby - Rihanna 

A lot of people thought Rihanna would be a one hit wonder because of this song, and this performance sadly doesn't change that. Rihanna was still at the beginning of her career so her singing abilities and her stage presentation were not strong yet (the DJ had more stage presence than her here). What does work in her favor here though is Ellen coming and dancing with her and the dancers at the final chorus. For a brief moment it shows Rihanna's chill factor and why people are cool with listening to her and dancing to her music. Similar to Madonna, it's not bad but it isn't mind-blowing. 

@dejmieeen - Natalia Nykiel 

Brief shoutout to our host @Yvess for uploading this to google drive when Youtube blocked the performance. You're a trooper and you're working very hard to make this game happen, so please rest assured, it is much appreciated :heart2:

Now onto the critique. Unlike Madonna and Rihanna, I don't have any past knowledge about her so this really is a first impression for me. It's a bit mixed. She's pretty and has a decent voice, but during this performance it sounded pitchy. I'd also say that for having a big stage like that, given that it appears to be an Awards show, Natalia could have utilized it more and she didn't. Spending almost the entire performance standing in place doesn't really help her. I wouldn't say it's bad but it isn't good either. 

Not too much on Team Fierce MLD, we have OnikaVoodoo on our side 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJlDy8xcuzUF9FtqYnMrQGKULQRnVfvJFSqg&usqp=CAU

6 hours ago, stupidjock said:

CGG1JDu_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium&fbclid=IwAR3o_BdFbAnbbnAw0FwEd-3MSadPa8hrbnp8g8UuNWDc_FQSL_AOu-_lmRE

stupidjock's (formerly known as the70s) essays

36w3XsQ.png @Dessy

This is from her debut era? Impressive :clap3:Especially the last part utill the end got me bopping! But as much as I liked this performance and all the hits, I'm not a fan of mixing different songs together. And I know that's how usually those kind of shows go but it ruins the flow for me. Overall strong entry.

qZkFpdv.png @ZORBIT

She's just so effortlessly cool... I love her look here and interesting backdrop at the start and them the plot twist with this turning into a whole show with choreo. I honestly can't say anything bad about this performance because it would be just nit-picking. :clap3:

HHyBFh6.png @Queen.

I love Nicki and I like some parts of this performance but not the whole thing. First of all, again songs are awkwardly mixed together and it doesn't flow well. Also, Britney should never appear here bringing, let me say diplomaticaly, different energy :mazen: But Nicki is great :clap3:

1I9bdLb.png @PoKiTaurus

This will be soo hard to score. As a Madonna stan for me this is a piece of history but the performance itself always felt weird to me. The choreo is giving NPC and doesn't fit well with the song. It's like the performer here is more important than the choreo or even the song because of her energy and iconic look. It gets better towards the end tho, when's kinda running around.

wjBRCep.png @blackoutbaby

not the DJ screaming :redface: Can't believe I'm saying this but Ellen saved this performance from being too boring. Idk what to say about this, it's kinda typicall beginning - ok, nothing special, it's just kinda there.

AVSzFxJ.png @dejmieeen

Natalia Nykiel our polish queen of electro :clap3:I love her debut and this song was a hit (nie umiem być sukoa). Her look is interesting and she is going hard vocally while being obviously nervous. I will be biased with her and praise everything she does :gaycat2:

LuAQ1Hw.png @Legend E

I like the sass here :clap3:And the whole performance not being focused just on the main singer but the whole band. It's giving.

DAMN, y'all kinda powerful team:celestial3:Randomizer did y'all good.

@stupidjock best Judge so far :clap3:

5rJpnC7.gif

• Thanks 1

Round 1: First Impressions

Camp Dangerous:

@Julia Fox - Shakira

So there was some slight contention over what would qualify for Shakira, but I think you’ve ended up on a fantastic first impression video for her. This performance does a wonderful job of introducing her style and musical influences, while also demonstrating her talent and crowd control. Great job!

@khalyan - Jessica Simpson

Being from outside America I have almost no understanding of Jessica Simpson outside of the tuna chicken video. I do think this does a pretty good job in terms of a first impression though. It really demonstrates what void she was filling at the time (that early 00s blonde pop star thing), and it shows her pretty good (beside the 00s inflictions) vocals, though I don’t think it really shows her uniqueness or what makes her distinct, so that could be something to try in future rounds!

@D e v o n - Katy Perry

She definitely struggled this era vocally (well, every era really) so picking an unplugged performance where she had more control was a great idea. IKAG is obviously an iconic and memorable song but to me this isn’t really representative of her overall style and output that era. Still a good video to send but it doesn’t specifically scream “that’s Katy Perry!”, you know?

@fiercE - P!nk

Love this! Even though P!nk may have evolved musically from this throughout her eras, I do think this does a really great job of introducing her distinct style and demonstrating her talent. I don’t have anything to fault here. 

@Insanity - Nick Jonas

Honestly, Nick Jonas is pretty nondescript at the best of times so I feel you’re at a little bit of a disadvantage here. For what it’s worth I think he sounds good, but from the song to the performance to the styling, that could be anybody up there and it would make no difference. I think in the future you can try to showcase his uniqueness and something more distinctive. 

@Born to Run - Billie Eilish

Good job! This video does a great job of introducing her styling, her sound and an overall good first impression of Billie. Not much to fault however I do think a performance with an audience may have come across more dynamic, not that I don’t enjoy this. 

MVP: Shakira, P!nk

Weak link: Nick Jonas

• Like 2

Beside my critiques I’ll also be giving each group an MVP and weak link, a little feedback for the teams overall to show where I think you stood that round. Feel free to do with it what you may :lakitu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yvess said:

Round 2 Clue:

Reveal hidden contents

wozzy-trolluje.gif

Blanche is such a queen :heart:

I love this show, I watch random episodes almost every day. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Born to Run said:

You're in NZ? :jonny5:

See related image detail. Matchmaker, Match Breaker/Gallery - Arthur Wiki

No I'm in the US, I copied that link from the Madonna base, didn't notice it was a NZ link lol. 

If that Madonna performance has a million fans, I am one of them.
If that Madonna performance has a hundred fans, I am one of them.
If that Madonna performance has one fan, that is is me.
If that Madonna performance has no fans, then I am no more on this earth. 
If the world is against this Madonna performance, then I am against the world. 

DismalScaredCoypu-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1

The T with AB
CBgZEqZ.png

DRGp8Ok.png

Spoiler

ENG2Hgm_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Spoiler

gzQU2A6.png
@Julia Fox
 you can see the passion in her eyes and her voice, it truly is a showcase of a star being born

56sMz7f.png
@khalyan
 find the note find the note but this is a great example of there is more to a musical performance than vocals, you can tell shes a white girl living her white girl fantasy and i respect it. even if she cant find the note the vocals are good she has a great voice and she owns the performance. she also looks gorgeous

sXkqyKi.png
@D e v o n
 as soon as i opened the video i knew. what an iconic performance, you can tell she's a star just anxiously awaiting for the world to catch up. her voice is shaky and you can tell shes nervous af but she had to do that or she'd get sent back to singing christian songs. stage and her look gorgeous

ki7Fm8L.png
@99sandthe2000s
 simply the best entry this round

faTZKdx.png
@fiercE
 thank god you got dragged into sending from her first true era. pink haired p!nk is iconic af. I love how they dont know what to do with her here yet, just another rnb demo from the vault but she said lemme eat and show yall i got it in me and eat she did! even tho her voices a bit shaky she eats those vocals and the dance yes maam

htWDIt0.png
@Insanity
 oh this is rough... he can sing so that's good but that's it. the songs boring, he looks boring, the stage is boring, theres no stage presence... my favourite part were the arms. I kept wishing for him to take his shirt off but that didnt happen so sad...

JGFy9Mi.png
@Born to Run
 truly beautiful performance

CGG1JDu_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium&fbclid=IwAR3o_BdFbAnbbnAw0FwEd-3MSadPa8hrbnp8g8UuNWDc_FQSL_AOu-_lmRE

Spoiler

36w3XsQ.png
@Dessy
 what an incredible performance, her breath control is crazy, the dance is on point the vocals are vocaling whew. 1,2 step, 9, 10 points

qZkFpdv.png
@ZORBIT
 incredible performance. love the dance break just to stunt on the girls some more

HHyBFh6.png
@Queen.
 amazing performance, shes just so good from start to end and then to make it even better britney appears at the end moves her mouth randomly and walks on stage which makes nickis performance THAT much better in comparison

1I9bdLb.png
@PoKiTaurus
 iconic performance. it really shows her passion for performing, specially dancing. the choreo is just on point. i wish she was singing tho

wjBRCep.png
@blackoutbaby
 she was 16, freshly landed in the us, visa application being reviewed, she had to devour that stage or shed be sent back packing on the 1st flight to barbados. And devour she did. Oh you can tell she's so nervous but she knows exactly which parts of the song to skip so she can show those high notes, choreo is on point, the hip movement is chefs kiss

AVSzFxJ.png
@dejmieeen
 i love the effect of the uv light, her vocal performance is perfect but the song isnt demanding at all. she has no stage presence at all. I hope you can show us some more in the future but this didnt make much of an impression

LuAQ1Hw.png
@Legend E
 she started slow and i wasnt really sold on this performance. luckily she hit that high note at the end to show us whats up and i respect it. tho the background singers ate her up during the entire performance and you never want that never that!

xK4cqUE_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Spoiler

ub1p8i5.png
@Moonlightbae
 gonna be honest, the vocals are amzing yes but that's it nothing else happens she has no charisma and the songs just boring :( . my fav part was ciara and gaga applauding at the end

YivJzmV.png
@Jai
 takes a special talent to make a bedroom performance this goood. her voice is gorgeous i loved it

vTW1FQM.png
@Invisibility
 perfection

qdGLMhV.png
@Overprotected
 sooo soo perfect. Mariah has a voice like no other

XaYbkFE.png
@Psycho
 such a beautiful stage. I wish she was singing but still you can see her passion and her choreo is amazing too

AgkxZF1.png
@Kylie Verzosa
 this performance is perfect. to be able to captivate the audience with just your voice and a guitar is talent out of this world. her voice is just hypnotic

mOyBU8s.png
@thecptz
 oh wow now thats what we call stage presence and charisma. she looks gorgeous, shes dancing, having a good time, owning the stage, singing we love it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I just danced for almost a whole hour to Holiday on repeat. I'm so exhausted whew, sweating like mad all over. Can't wait to hop into a cold shower and wash my abs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZORBIT said:

Not too much on Team Fierce MLD, we have OnikaVoodoo on our side 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJlDy8xcuzUF9FtqYnMrQGKULQRnVfvJFSqg&usqp=CAU

@stupidjock best Judge so far :clap3:

5rJpnC7.gif

If you have voodoo on your side how come you didn't use it when Nicki was falling 50+ spots on the Hot 100 over and over again? I'll believe it when I see it.

Interesting