👑 The Ultimate TABS S2 is...... (results at page 339)

Yvess

18 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

pleaaaaaaasse :bibliahh:

Also not true, maybe it's a regional thing, but it's (unfortunately) on spotifique

https://spotify.link/fEbXkns2mDb

Still don't know how to embed s*** on mobile btw

not showing in my country :(

Edited by Yvess

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Kern

• Year of Shadow

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

ROUND 7

QctqRRJ.png      fY436vL.png

#NickiTwigs - G R E E N

wKUNxWb.gif      KWo1gIM.gif

@Invisibility      @Queen. 

Spoiler

GREEN

FLY - NICKI MINAJ 
(+) growth, prosperity

I'M YOUR DOLL

(-) possessiveness, jealousy

Explanation:
In ‘Fly’, Nicki finds the power of prosperity and growth in her rising stardom, overcoming criticisms and challenge under extreme scrutiny as a female rapper who by her first album already had massive success, assisted by special guest Rih in the breezy, soaring chorus and overall feel of the song.

In ‘I'm Your Doll’, twigs presents herself as the perfect fit for her partner, the object of desire designed to bind her lover to herself, who becomes a prized possession of hers that can't be accessed by anyone else. The jealousy is evident not only in lyrics but the industrial, harsh, unwelcoming soundscape.

#RiZa - R E D

Pdz10Dq.gif      phqayZW.gif

@blackoutbaby      @Jai

Spoiler

RED

(+) Love on the Brain - Rihanna

"Love on the Brain" by Rihanna talks about the addictive nature of intense love. The lyrics describe how love can be physically demanding but still satisfying, and how it can make a person feel incomplete without their partner. The song also emphasizes the importance of consistent and unwavering love in a relationship. Overall, the song portrays love in a positive light, highlighting its power and the willingness to do whatever it takes to make it work.

(-) Love Language - SZA

“Love Language” by SZA talks about how difficult it can be to communicate and understand each other in a relationship. The lyrics mention how love can be a tricky language to navigate, and at times it can lead to misunderstandings and hurt. The song portrays the struggles of being in a romantic relationship, such as jealousy, arguments, and uncertainty.

#MariSsica - O R A N G E

msD35vX.gif      Yh2SEoF.gif

@Overprotected      @khalyan

Spoiler

ORANGE

(+) It's Like That - Mariah Carey

This song embodies many positive qualities of the color orange such as confidence, Mariah's feeling so "hot tamale" and she's ready to snatch herself a hottie tonight! she's also cheerful and courageous because she's been through a lot but she's leaving it all behind to celebrate, it's Mimi's emancipation, periodT!! 

(-) Remember That - Jessica Simpson

In this song, Jessica is talking to another woman is needs help understanding the extent of the abuse she's receiving from her partner. In a different connotation than usual, the character is ignorant by the way she's not comprehending how bad her abuse truly is. 

#CiaKira - G R A Y

uIPMWlZ.gif      WzzCkFd.gif

@Julia Fox      @Dessy

Spoiler

GRAY

(+) I GOT YOU - CIARA

My song is a motherly promise to a child to offer security and reliability. Opening with a lullaby, she promises to love him and be a friend to him for life. She realizes that times can be tough and swears to bear through the pain for him. 

---

(-) MOSCAS EN LA CASA - SHAKIRA

I choose this song as negative grey because it fitted so much into the gloomy and sad sphere. The lonely, heartbreaking lyrics about abandonment and hopelessness over that ex-lover that she misses so much that life lost its purpose and color + Shak's emotional delivery gives the song the perfect depressing and somber aura.

#KyliDonna - T A N

yMyU8wM.gif      NEHU8sP.gif

@Hey Dude      @Psycho

Spoiler

TAN

Kylie Minogue - I Believe In You

Tan (+): Dependable, Crisp

"I Believe In You" is a crisp, ethereal song that conveys dependability and trust. Its clean melody and precise production invite listeners in with clarity. The lyrics, with lines like 'I believe in you, I believe in me,' offer a promise of unwavering support and reliability. Kylie's vocals, both gentle and powerful, emphasize the enduring power of trust in relationships, making it a soothing reminder of the importance of believing in someone and being there for them in an uncertain world.

Madonna - Hey You

note: 

Madonna's Hey You is not on Spotify, so YouTube link is embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_PTstznZk&pp=ygUPaGV5IHlvdSBtYWRvbm5h

Tan (-): Dull

The lyrics, while well-intentioned, feel somewhat cliche. Also there's this:

#KeInk - B L U E

Jo0liX9.gif      1GZI8XY.gif

@Legend E      @fiercE

Spoiler

We pick blue as our color.

(+) TRUSTFALL - P!NK

The message of the song is to let go of fear and trust in love and in oneself. This fits with the positive aspects symbolicized by the colour blue.

(-) IRVINE - KELLY CLARKSON 

note: 

Kelly Clarkson's Irvine track on Spotify ends at 4:15, please disregard the hidden track

The song, being about a potential suicide and a prayer to God, is representative for the coldness attribute of blue. At the same time, the fear is also represented by her being unsure of whether to remain alive or not.

#NasheLia - PURPLE

7QpMKp4.gif      lspVRzg.gif

@ZORBIT      @Kylie Verzosa

Spoiler

PURPLE

NASHELÍA

(+) No Drama (feat. Offset)

(-) De Aquí No Sales

No Drama & De Aquí No Sales represent PURPLE's Yin & Yang, respectively. Tinashe’s No Drama (+) paints undeniable lavish luxury through its ambitious vocal delivery and production. Even more so, its lyrics emphasizes focusing on your goals and saying no to negativity, no drama. In Rosalía's De Aquí No Sales (-), mystery & moodiness loom through its haunting instrumentation, emotive vocals, and enigmatic lyrics. This atmospheric and introspective experience invites exploration and enarmors you on the spot that you won't leave from here.

JUDGING RUBRICS:

Spoiler

JUDGING RUBRICS

(Still may vary by Judges):

11 - The BEST Entry of this round, no one else can compare.

9/10 - Great Submission - Your entry followed the round's theme excellently.

8 - Good Submission - Your entry followed the round's theme really well.
7 - Also a Good Submission. Displays the theme well but not at the same caliber as other entries.
6 - Okay Submission. Fits decently. Missing some oomph factor to make it a smashing entry.

4/5 - Ok entry but is missing something overall. 
3 - You can only get this score if your submission was not submitted on time despite extension being given.

1/2 - IS NOT ALLOWED as this is the default point for consideration for submitting an entry on time with right details. 

so, every judge should bear in mind that they need to give a score higher than 2 each round. 
0 - You can only get this score if you did not submit an entry

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST LINK: 

@Invisibility @Queen.

@blackoutbaby @Jai

@Overprotected @khalyan

@Julia Fox @Dessy

@Hey Dude @Psycho

@Legend E @fiercE

@ZORBIT @Kylie Verzosa

@stupidjock @fountain @MusicLoverDude @CBC @lacy

• Like 1

bumped to a new page the entries

now plz start the lashings

7 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

Yeah I see Hey You on Spotify:

https://spotify.link/t4anPH93mDb

ill make u a collaborator, pls include hey you on the playlist below kylie's song

1 minute ago, ZORBIT said:

@Yvess I don’t see Rosalía in the Spotify playlist??

She's there for me, the closing track

1 minute ago, Invisibility said:

She's there for me, the closing track

Same for me 

ROUND 7

o2Jeb93.png      5hf7mje.png

MZudJfy(1).thumb.gif.018912544cc5638eccd

#NickiTwigs - G R E E N

wKUNxWb.gif      KWo1gIM.gif

@Invisibility      @Queen. 

(+) Nicki - This is right in your face positive aspect of the color you picked.

The verses really epitomized the growth and success you were aiming for us to hear.

(-) FKA Twigs - I really thought you will have a hard time finding a song about negative aspect of green but I am happy to be proven wrong.

This is a strong submission from you again i fear.

Green really worked well with your pairing!

#RiZa - R E D

Pdz10Dq.gif      phqayZW.gif

@blackoutbaby      @Jai

(+) Rihanna - Wow at you sending this gem of a song for this round. If this is the positive side of love, then I want it!

(-) SZA - I am in love with this song the first time I heard it and it is really giving the toxic side of love which is your color representation. I think you slayed!

THIS PAIRING IS ON FIRE! 

#MariSsica - O R A N G E

msD35vX.gif      Yh2SEoF.gif

@Overprotected      @khalyan

(+) Mariah Carey - A bop which is hard not to feel the positive juju whenever you hear it. Like this for you!

(-) Jessica Simpson - Aw. This is totally the opposite of the bright shade of Orange and that is a great thing. I love hearing Jessica in ballads too so this is a good pick!

WORTH THE WAIT!

#CiaKira - G R A Y

uIPMWlZ.gif      WzzCkFd.gif

@Julia Fox      @Dessy

GRAY

(+) CIARA - You already got me at the intro. SLAY. YOU ARE SERVING AGAIN TWICE IN A ROW! A mother's love is so precious and I just feel like I need to hug my mom after listening to this song. :jonny: 

(-)SHAKIRA - I must say that through this game, I am learning more about how diverse Shakira is in terms of her discography tbh. This song is really making me feel sentimental esp when I read the english translation!

TWO DANCE DIVAS SENDING NONTYPICAL ENTRIES, LOVE TO SEE IT!

#KyliDonna - T A N

yMyU8wM.gif      NEHU8sP.gif

@Hey Dude      @Psycho

(+) Kylie Minogue - Okay werk diva! The ethereal intro is so good! The refrain to chorus is perfection! The lyrics are actually giving the dependability vibe. Great job!

(-) Madonna - This might be a polarizing track to judge this round but I applaud you for picking a song that you feel represents the dull and boring side of TAN through its sonicality and vibe.

CUTE ENTRIES! 

#KeInk - B L U E

Jo0liX9.gif      1GZI8XY.gif

@Legend E      @fiercE

(+) P!NK - The upbeat vibe is really uplifting, I like the chorus the most, it gives you the energy boost especially if you hear it in the morning! Surefire you nailed it this round!

(-) KELLY CLARKSON - This song is beautifully haunting and that is the perfect way to introduce the fearful and cold attribute of blue. This is making me feel emotional in a good way. YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH MY DECEMBER!

MY ALT CHICS SLAYING THIS ROUND I FEAR!

#NasheLia - PURPLE

7QpMKp4.gif      lspVRzg.gif

@ZORBIT      @Kylie Verzosa

(+) TINASHE - YAAAS NO DRAMA, this is really giving unbothered queen vibes which is solid representation of purple. The elegance in her vocals esp on the hook is giving me royal queen vibes. UGH! This song should be this season's anthem too btw :eli: 

(-) ROSALIA - This song is eerie in a good way, the moodiy meter better be on the way high when she recorded this and for that I can say I am satisfied with this entry of yours!

A good way to end this round! SLAY!

@stupidjock @MusicLoverDude @fountain @CBC @lacy

Edited by Yvess
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I AM SLAYED

MY SCORES WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO EACH OTHER....

NO SONG DESERVES A SCORE LOWER THAN 6 IMO.

:clap:

MZudJfy(1).thumb.gif.018912544cc5638eccd

GOOD JOB, GIRLS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1. Holiday

2. Beautiful Stranger

3. Living for Love

4. Bedtime Story

5. Drowned World / Substitute for Love

6. Nothing Fails

7. Hey Dude

So far every round I represented a different era! :soda:

Lemme lump Hey You with a certain 2005 album so I can excuse myself from it :eli:

So who used AI for their explanations? Here's the full descriptions it gave me for Kylie:

First, there's the music itself. The melody is clean and precise, creating an almost ethereal quality. It's like a breath of fresh air, and the production is so well-crafted that every note and sound feels intentional and perfectly placed. It's a song that doesn't overwhelm but rather invites you in with its sheer, crisp clarity.

Now, let's talk about the lyrics. 'I Believe In You' is all about trust and dependability. When Kylie sings, 'I believe in you, I believe in me,' it's like she's making a promise of unwavering support and trust. The lyrics convey a sense of reliability and commitment, and that's something I truly appreciate.

In a world where things can often feel uncertain and fleeting, a song that captures the essence of believing in someone and being there for them is like a soothing balm for the soul. Kylie's vocals are gentle yet powerful, and they drive home the message of dependability in a way that's both heartwarming and genuine.

I's a testament to the enduring power of trust and reliability in our relationships. It's a reminder that having someone who believes in you and stands by your side is something truly precious.

• Thanks 1

Here's what ATRL thinks of Hey You:

Why would you remind me of this?  Haven’t I  been through enough

I don't think of her

Her only song, besides Gambler, to have her credited as the sole songwriter. A résumé :clap3:

i will off myself if i hear that song one more time, thanks for reminding me about it :deadbanana4:

Edited by Hey Dude

30 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

1. Holiday

2. Beautiful Stranger

3. Living for Love

4. Bedtime Story

5. Drowned World / Substitute for Love

6. Nothing Fails

7. Hey Dude

So far every round I represented a different era! :soda:

Lemme lump Hey You with a certain 2005 album so I can excuse myself from it :eli:

What does Nothing Fails have to do with her MET Gala look last round though

Hide (EP1)

Papi Bones (Caprisongs)

R3 none bc magazine

In Time (M3LL155X)

Cellophane (Magdalene)

R6 none bc fashion

I'm Your Doll (M3LL155X)

I've surprisingly yet to represent LP1 and less surprisingly EP2 :lakitu:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

What does Nothing Fails have to do with her MET Gala look last round though