LIL NAS X: LONG LIVE MONTERO | Premiering at TIFF

genetic fail

• 4 months later...

love this era of professionaly recorded Western tours we are in right now after the massive drought for most of last decade :jonny5: 

• Like 1

Oh wow he's going all in this album cycle!!!

I mean, I love a nice music-related documentary so I will be watching. 

Sat.

love a doc.

• ATRL Moderator

I will watch since he is an LGBT.

• 2 weeks later...

Edited by REDMAN
  • Like 1

I hope he talks about ATRL

• Haha 9

Wrdgaf + over + tanked

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

Cameltoe Chariot

He really should've released this a year ago, and scrapped the new single. This could've been the vehicle to bring LNX into a more real and intimate era.

Unfortunately it seems like J CHRIST turned a LOT of people off immediately, and not because of controversy but because of sheer boredom :celestial5: it's hard enough for Black queer men to make it mainstream, and to see him be so careless with the career he's built is kinda sad. You'd think he would've tried harder or something :gaycat6:

Hoping this was just a fluke and he can turn this ship around, but it feels like his moment was a decade ago already :deadbanana4:

• Like 10

• ATRL Moderator

Oh, I'll be watching this. I haven't liked any of his music really, but I like him as a public figure and think he's really funny. Def interested in learning more about him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ll be checking for this ✍🏾

Is this just a retrospective on the montero era or will it cover up to the present and whatever the f he was thinking with j Christ 

Edited by ImpressMeMuch

just saw this with my best friend on instagram!! I'm not a huge fan but he is, but I must say that this looks excellent :clap3:

Spoiler

the first thing I asked my bestie after it was over was "do you think he'll talk about being a former ATRL user" asidhognkjsfdaieohngfs

Any gay person who doesn't root for  gay people in the entertainment business when we only have about 3 openly gay celebrities doing anything is the opposition. Seek help for your self-hatred. It may do you in someday. 

Lil Nas is so cute, but I do not like the fem aesthetic in the form of nail polish, makeup, skirts, and heels. That aesthetic is played out when it comes to queer men and visibility/activism. I also am not a fan of the constant trolling.  I like that the doc is focused on his relationship with his family, specifically his dad and brothers, as an openly gay person. Homophobia, like racism, is a hard ideology to break. I like that aspect because these things are not resolved just because one has money and fame. I will be watching. 

Edited by El Nino
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Love Again said:

Wrdgaf + over + tanked

Nasty post

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.