STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Baldur's Gate 3 serves 2023 GOTY & Best PC Game of all time (so far). Surprised?

DanyelP23

:nicole:

According to aggregate review site MetaCritic, with 43 reviews in as of right now, it sits prettily at 97 Metascore:clap3:

tabs.png

tabs3.png

tabs2.png

Something it seems went right!:swan:

The game and its companions seems to be loved by both critics and the GeePee:sistrens:

7a4d6e5d43bfaa675e2141a306b382ff5fc0ab4a

Baldur’s Gate 3 is the perfect couples’ game - Polygon

What did Larian studios do right that Bioware other studio will inevitably fail to do with their upcoming AAA releases?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

They made their most popular companion a rehash of Zevran and Fenris from Dragon Age Origins and 2:gaycat1:, filling in a gap left by the lack of Dragon Age good  games in the last decade. 

And most importantly, can it snatch the Game Awards GOTY award?:giraffe:

• Like 1

That could’ve been Dragon Age smh Bioware

It's personally my GOTY alongside Tears of the Kingdom, but honestly Baldur's Gate 3 deserves all of the awards. :chick1:

As a Final Fantasy 16 stan YES I AM FUMING :irate:

When it goe on sale I'll check it out, I've pushed my budget too far this summer already :swim2:

I wanna buy this so bad, but my coins are saved for MK1 deluxe edition :jonny:

2 minutes ago, Zayn Malik said:

I wanna buy this so bad, but my coins are saved for MK1 deluxe edition :jonny:

Get this. It’ll be worth it. It’s easily one of the best games I’ve ever played. 

I have to say tho I've seen zero promo for this and suddenly I see folks talk about this game Everywhere_Michelle_Branch.mp3 

Do I live under a rock or was the promo indeed limited for this?

Oh it's so worth it, y'all need to buy it. :ghostface:

I'm playing it right now actually and is one of the greatest games imo, it's really up there with Elden Ring, BOTW, etc. So unique/unlike anything I've played, the dialogue options and narration are kinda giving me Disco Elysium. 

1 minute ago, PoKiTaurus said:

I have to say tho I've seen zero promo for this and suddenly I see folks talk about this game Everywhere_Michelle_Branch.mp3 

The only promo I saw before the game launched was the bear sex option and it skyrocketed out of nowhere. :rip:

And then through positive reviews + word of mouth. Honestly a game just being good, complete + lack of microtransactions is all you really need nowadays. Other devs need to take note. :deadbanana:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

It's been in early access since 2020 so I assume it has amassed a strong core dormant fanbase that went wild with word of mouth once the game rihleased, AND:

- it is based on / inspired by Dungeon & Dragons (an already popular IP)

- hunger for a fantasy video game that could fill in for Dragon Age franchise (as I said, it appears to be beloved by Dragon Age fans, with lots of people calling this as a spiritual successor to Dragon Age: Origins)

- hype because the game before made by Larian, Divinity: Original Sin 2 was also great (although underrated)

It is also very accessible from a difficulty standpoint (which prevented me from touching Elden Ring:clownny:), which can be toggled between Easy, Medium & Hard at any time. Even if you're a flop gamer like me with 0 tactical awareness, you can have good time until you learn about all the smart interactions you can do with the environment, especially in battles

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Starshine said:

It's personally my GOTY alongside Tears of the Kingdom, but honestly Baldur's Gate 3 deserves all of the awards. :chick1:

Tears of the Breath of the Wild found bald I fear.

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

I’ve been playing it and it’s so fun. I’m kinda bad at it though but I’m elated to have turned based combat BACK in my RPGs 

But tbh I hate turn based combat :doc: 

I played a bit with a buddy and it's fun but you have to enjoy the game's particular style to really get into it.

Like others have said, it's a bit like Disco Elysium, which I could never really get into. Make sure to view gameplay footage (and not the deceptive trailers) before buying.

I am a bit surprised at the scores, tbh. I honestly think this is the result of a dearth of good games this year.

I’ve been trying to avoid a lot of stuff about it as I wait for the PS5 version. It’s gonna suck up so much of my life :jonny:

I’ve tried to watch people play this and I literally zone out within a few minutes. It’s SO boring to watch. I guess it’s fun to play. :confused: Final Fantasy 16 hasn’t been surpassed yet I fear. :cm: 

Edited by Onyxmage
  • Thanks 1

Been playing with my brothers and it’s easily my GOTY so far and deserves its success. Larian is serving MPG with this release :jonny4:

• Thanks 2

i have BG 2 but i never played it
ngl i hate those type of games but i wish that BG 3 wings GOTY so Hogwarts Legacy wont

edit:

Also should I play 1 and 2 before playing 3?

Edited by PMM

No, I always believe in Larian :clap3:

The details they put in Act 1 is just gorgeous. So many interactions with NPCs that make the world feel alive. For example, Talking to Animal and Talking to the Dead would give you plenty of contents that you would miss out on otherwise.

It's DnD at its core. Most boss fights can even be dealt with conversations, which makes some meme "ultility" classes like Bard and Rogue shine.

1 hour ago, PMM said:

i have BG 2 but i never played it
ngl i hate those type of games but i wish that BG 3 wings GOTY so Hogwarts Legacy wont

edit:

Also should I play 1 and 2 before playing 3?

Hogwart looks like a fad next to Baldur's God 3:coffee:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Hogwart looks like a fad next to Baldur's God 3:coffee:

good i want to see it burn
200w.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.