DoorDash debuts tip "nudges" prompting for tipping twice before and after delivery

Asscatchem

"These new nudges and reminders will encourage customers to tip and show their appreciation after their Dasher delivers an order," DoorDash executive Austin Haugen said during a media event in late June. 

"Consumers who are waiting to see how the Dasher provides service … now have a way to actually reward Dashers," Shroff said. 

Some DoorDash drivers say the new nudge might bother customers. But for many drivers, tips have become increasingly important.

"I think it would be annoying to 80% of customers," said Heather Taylor, who drives in Corpus Christi, Texas. But she added, it could improve her income. 

649b3c006eb0a800194d6339?width=1300&form

https://www.businessinsider.com/doordash-tip-nudges-latest-example-importantance-tipping-gig-workers-2023-8

will you be tipping twice? :sistrens:

Edited by Asscatchem

This is so weird. Tipping is not supposed to be a thing, just end it already.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Cain said:

Just… pay your workers?

Exactly. It's not that hard.

While we're at it, also nudge the businesses into paying their staff better.

• Like 3

Very sad theses companies that make millions refuse to pay workers correctly.

• Like 3

a good way to cause people to stop using the apps/services.

so win-win in the end :relax:

• Like 1

But... that's their primary job; that's what they applied for. That's what they were hired to do. I don't understand why I should have to tip them for delivering my food.

• Like 2

The empathy some of you full grown adults lack for service workers is actually wild. :dies:  And to be broke af on top of it- the cognitive is dissonance’ing.

Should we as customers HAVE to tip service workers? No. Because all these businesses that hire people to provide us with services (that we’d all convulse over if we didn’t have) should be paying them enough to live. But the reality is that these businesses are not.

So if you don’t want to tip for food service, then ******* stop using the service to teach these businesses that they need to pay their employees better because you don’t want to tip. Y’all are so corny thinking the solution to this issue is to continue throwing your coins at these rich companies and then simply jipping the already exploited workers of even more money.

Ya’ll are using DoorDash to get your food. You’re not royalty. Stop using your lack of empathy to act above tipping and use this power you pretend to have to demand livable wages. You can do without your Taco Bell being delivered to your doorstep. :bam:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

• ATRL Administrator

I see no problem with tipping additional to reward great service. :michael:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CottageHore said:

The empathy some of you full grown adults lack for service workers is actually wild. :dies:  And to be broke af on top of it- the cognitive is dissonance’ing.

Should we as customers HAVE to tip service workers? No. Because all these businesses that hire people to provide us with services (that we’d all convulse over if we didn’t have) should be paying them enough to live. But the reality is that these businesses are not.

So if you don’t want to tip for food service, then ******* stop using the service to teach these businesses that they need to pay their employees better because you don’t want to tip. Y’all are so corny thinking the solution to this issue is to continue throwing your coins at these rich companies and then simply jipping the already exploited workers of even more money.

Ya’ll are using DoorDash to get your food. You’re not royalty. Stop using your lack of empathy to act above tipping and use this power you pretend to have to demand livable wages. You can do without your Taco Bell being delivered to your doorstep. :bam:

most of these comments are literally on the workers side, to get the companies to pay them a livable wage :confused:

• Like 5

And here's me nudging DoorDash after this announcement to PAY THEIR GOT DAMN WORKERS

The company should just share a 10-15% of their delivery fee with their drivers, even of they increase it a little bit

They annoy clients with all the notifications instead of just paying workers properly

37 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

most of these comments are literally on the workers side, to get the companies to pay them a livable wage :confused:

A couple are saying **** like “they chose to work that job, why should I have to tip”… I’m clearly not talking to those on the side of the workers :rip:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Trent W said:

The company should just share a 10-15% of their delivery fee with their drivers, even of they increase it a little bit

They annoy clients with all the notifications instead of just paying workers properly

Their share should be way more than that since they are the ones doing the actual labor of bringing the food to ur doorstep. Meanwhile Doordash is being the middle man.

I'm gonna some of y'all shouting "they should just pay them better!" to start supporting politicians who support a living wage. :celestial5:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CottageHore said:

A couple are saying **** like “they chose to work that job, why should I have to tip”… I’m clearly not talking to those on the side of the workers :rip:

which one?

5 hours ago, CottageHore said:

But we are criticising the company for literally outsourcing what they themselves are supposed to do; pay the wages of their employees?

Like how are you going to bother random people with the demand of paying YOUR workers :skull: make it make sense

• Like 1

It’s quite easy to tell that some of you have never left the US :foxaylove3:

The us is such a capitalism hell hole

atp i would just be eating out instead :rip:

7 hours ago, Asscatchem said:

which one?

But... that's their primary job; that's what they applied for. That's what they were hired to do. I don't understand why I should have to tip them for delivering my food.”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.