reputation's defining hit: Look What You Made Me Do vs Delicate vs Don't Blame Me

GiftFromGod

reputation's defining hit: Look What You Made Me Do vs Delicate vs Don't Blame Me  

143 members have voted

1. 1. reputation's defining hit: Look What You Made Me Do vs Delicate vs Don't Blame Me

• Look What You Made Me Do
    • Delicate
    • Don't Blame Me

im confused too see DBM in the poll when there’s THREE other songs with airplay and chart peaks. the streams must be really good 

7 hours ago, byzantium said:

There is an alternative universe where this was the lead single.  It was a 12 week number one hit and Society uncanceled her causing reputation to debut with 4m in its first week.  

That universe sounds amazing :alexz3:

7 hours ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Top 5 largest spin drop as of end of 2017:
-4986: Look What You Made Me Do
-4604: End Game
-4602: No (Meghan Trainor)
-4432: ...Ready For It?
-4199: Die Young (Ke$ha)

It was bad for us :rip:

wow they hated it more than a school shooting :skull: her best pop album deserves better

7 hours ago, Post Malone said:

LWYMMD at the time and overall

Don't Blame Me currently

Delicate bombed and is irrelevant 

Considering the performances of preceding flops RFI and Ed Game, Delicate most certainly did not bomb.  It just had a bad peak because it should've been the third single.

When people look back on reputation, they remember the whole album and where they were when it dropped. An EXPERIENCE. :clap3:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Considering the performances of preceding flops RFI and Ed Game, Delicate most certainly did not bomb.  It just had a bad peak because it should've been the third single.

Yeah, the order of Delicate and End Game should have been switched. I have no idea what they were thinking when they pushed the single with Ed at the same time Perfect was at its peak. Delicate would have had a better peak as the 3rd single and End Game would have had a better run as the 4th single without Perfect to compete with (and off the goodwill of Delicate).

LWYMMD broke the internet. The others cannot compare. 

Dress and DWOHT are the defining iconic sapphic anthems of the era though :heart2: 

it's definitely look what you made me do. it was such a huge release when it came out and perfectly set the tone for the era. it also somewhat addressed all of what the media was saying and could be thought of as a metaphor for what was happening with kim and kanye. i remember the media and news announcing lwymmd's release and analysing the lyrics and video. it was also a nice change up from what she had released as her lead singles from previous eras. even though people hate on lwymmd, i love it - it's a great song and the lyrics are so good, especially when you take into account what was happening at the time

Don’t blame me.

brought more streaming stability and exposure to the album 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.