Selena Gomez - "Single Soon"

Diet Pepsi

2 minutes ago, corotinho said:

I mean, they are still her fans. Stop making them look like toxic people, they just want the best for her. Feel Pretty is a really BAD song, Single Soon is probably a ''ok'' song based on the snippet. She is into her peak moment, that is the moment when she should release a strong and nice song, a song that will be loved by the gp AND the fans (she has had so many strong songs like that in the past). The fans don't want her to release a song that could be in the 2011 album :deadbanana4:

I mean, the fans should be listened to to a certain extent, but the fans should also listen to the artist as well. Sel seemed really excited about IFP (and I was too tbh). Her releasing IFP wouldn’t have had the negative eimpact on her music career so many fear it would have.

I mean, if Taylor bounced back after ME! anything can happen :bibliahh:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selegend

• corotinho

• Geovane.

• Maroonx

1 minute ago, every1blinks said:

I mean, the fans should be listened to to a certain extent, but the fans should also listen to the artist as well. Sel seemed really excited about IFP (and I was too tbh). Her releasing IFP wouldn’t have had the negative eimpact on her music career so many fear it would have.

Selena and her team were also excited about Boyfriend, they even gave it a nice budget for the music video, only for it turn into one of her biggests flops ever. I think her fans, who are a lot, should get listened the most.

12 minutes ago, corotinho said:

I mean, they are still her fans. Stop making them look like toxic people, they just want the best for her. Feel Pretty is a really BAD song, Single Soon is probably a ''ok'' song based on the snippet. She is into her peak moment, that is the moment when she should release a strong and nice song, a song that will be loved by the gp AND the fans (she has had so many strong songs like that in the past). The fans don't want her to release a song that could be in the 2011 album :deadbanana4:

But they are toxic. That doesn’t mean they don’t care about her. Some of them act like huge haters and are never ok with anything she does. They even started melting down because one OMITB S3 review was mixed and went on rants saying she should drop the show because its doing nothing for her. 
Fans and nobody should like everything they are served but its the way you react and give the feedback that should be different. There’s a difference between saying: “I don’t like this song because of this three things. I hope she takes the advice” and saying: “we waited so much for this song and it is garbage, I expected so much better”. The latter literally is just hating.

She is an artist and should always be improving and outdoing herself, and fans are allowed to want the best out of her because they got her where she is. But most fans have taken parasocial relationships so far that they feel like they own her, which they don’t. She should be allowed to make the music she feels like she should make and the music she wants to make and take the feedback to improve on that. Most of her fans want her to be someone she is not, a completely different artist. Their expectations are way too high most of the time. 

Edited by MALAMENTE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, remonkrk009 said:

the song ends with her talking, saying 'Well... who's next?'

is the song good?

many people have already listened to the song. I think it will leak until tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, every1blinks said:

I dont know what's going on in here

but Taylor is really smart and has always had passion when it came to her music (+she pushed hard)

while the last several years for Selena...music wasn't even top 3 important stuff for her

but don't think there is any trouble for Sel

she is strong in streaming and will be able to do well imo

Anyways, I see meltdowns here

thought everyone liked the snippet and were excited

surprised to see some hating it rn - there is new info or?

1 minute ago, corotinho said:

Selena and her team were also excited about Boyfriend, they even gave it a nice budget for the music video, only for it turn into one of her biggests flops ever. I think her fans, who are a lot, should get listened the most.

That’s what I’m talking about though

— who else mentions or even remembers Boyfriend’s floppage besides us? It wasn’t some huge public humiliation that is constantly made fun of daily by the GP that caused her to hide in shame for years to come.

Underperformance is a given for every artist, and even amazing songs underperform. Trying to stop a song from flopping is a lost cause because it is completely unpredictable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rev8 said:

I dont know what's going on in here

but Taylor is really smart and has always had passion when it came to her music (+she pushed hard)

while the last several years for Selena...music wasn't even top 3 important stuff for her

but don't think there is any trouble for Sel

she is strong in streaming and will be able to do well imo

Anyways, I see meltdowns here

thought everyone liked the snippet and were excited

surprised to see some hating it rn - there is new info or?

Music is also Taylor’s only job, while Selena is balancing music, acting, beauty, etc. But i mentioned Taylor saying that if ME! didn’t ruin her career, Selena will be MORE than fine.

I personally thought the snippet sounded fun and lighthearted 

34 minutes ago, corotinho said:

exactly, if she wants to stay in the music industry she's going to have to deal with this kind of thing. We know that not everything is the best, but that's how it works for ALL of them, with Selena it won't be different. She promised to give us an real Full era and the best album she's ever made. She also said it wouldn't take like Rare, and here we are, almost 4 years again. People are not wrong to charge, let her learn to deal with her own promises. 

Edited by Thiago
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Selena also said that Stars Dance would be her last album. I’m pretty sure she said similar things about Rare. And SG3. She is still making music because she loves her fans. Not because she feels like she has an obligation to do it.

We all know that she makes music for the love of it, I don't think that should be discussed, but you guys need to stop treating Selena like she's Bjork. She's a mainstream singer and she knows it, she's not obsessed with charts, but she cares and asks us to buy and listen to reach peaks. She doesn't care if something flops, but she's happy when it does good. You have to accept it, as she understands things, that interview about leaving music and being really sad about the Grammys but she didn't mind and said things that she wanted to say for a long time.

Selena has more sense about everything than you think, she's not stupid, she is experiencing a peak in her career after calm down, the label wants her to enjoy it but sg3 is not ready, so they decided to release single soon to take advantage of this moment. We are demanding a lot more from them than we are from Selena, the only thing is that fandom toxic fights and annoyances will always be there, in all fandoms and with all artists, and I think she understood that.

Ideally, no fanbase would be toxic or have to charge anything from their favorites, but we know that's not the case...

• Thumbs Down 1

All these fights and for what :rip: she is in droplets era 2.0, the song will be pushed hard by the label and Selena will advertise it with tiktoks and reels as there's nothing else to do promo wise outside socials and playlists right now. Selena has always cared about doing well, if not she wouldn't go as hard as she does at the different ventures she has (music, acting, cosmetics and even the cooking show), what she doesn't care about is being everywhere promoting, going place after place, as it's a colossal detriment to her health.

11 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

we are LITERALLY getting a song tomorrow and another song is already being teased.

What’s this tea?!!?

4 minutes ago, Selegend said:

new L snippet IS A BOP!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT 

I'm assuming you mean the super LQ choppy one?

I can't even tell how it sounds from that LOL

Just now, k.money said:

I'm assuming you mean the super LQ choppy one?

I can't even tell how it sounds from that LOL

its the one of 0:16secs that it's like 5 mini-different parts of the song 

but u can say it's VERYyy pop. 

• Like 1

"well who's next?" :jonnycat::WAP::jonnycat: QUEEN!

slow down sister is MORE than real!

I thought it before, but that new leaked snippet really gave me this Carly Rae Jepsen's vibe, which i LOVE.

Looks like a mix of those 2 gems

Ok, i'm a little bit more excited now. I only wish it could get single treatment, cause now i feel like if they don't, it will be a waste of opportunity. :WAP:

The snippets sound good? I have a feeling social media promo + more will come after the song's released - they clearly have a concept with sex and the city + the music video has budget. She's universally adored right now.

Also - look at Calm Down, she missed the Top 100 debut week with it and ended up garnering her biggest charting single. Her songs that click are normally growers - they're definitely sending this to radio even if they didn't upload it on Mediabase yet.

Just now, BZZ said:

The snippets sound good? I have a feeling social media promo + more will come after the song's released - they clearly have a concept with sex and the city + the music video has budget. She's universally adored right now.

yes, it feels really good now. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.