Selena Gomez - "Single Soon"

Diet Pepsi

46 minutes ago, Thiago said:

it really is her best album, the critics prove it. 

literally

they also drag rare because it didn't do well commercially like revival did

• Like 2

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selegend

• corotinho

• Geovane.

• Maroonx

11 minutes ago, Geovane. said:

literally

they’re at the same rate on spotify 

rare bigger globally 

covid + no promotion 😭

:gaycat5:

2 hours ago, Thiago said:

because he didn't live up to expectations for most fans. But that's ok, it really is her best album, the critics prove it. 

1 hour ago, Geovane. said:

literally

Interesting!! Nothing on it is draggable — I even think the Fun hate is exaggerated — so I’ve been very confused haha

• Like 1

According to the l word site this was recorded in 2017 and was a Rare scrap, can anyone confirm?

8 hours ago, Carter said:

they’re at the same rate on spotify 

rare bigger globally 

covid + no promotion 😭

But revival was when spotify barely out and revival success was outside spotify…

Am I the only one who likes the snippet…  yeah it sounds generic but like a hit. 

4 hours ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

According to the l word site this was recorded in 2017 and was a Rare scrap, can anyone confirm?

not a scrap :rip:

i don’t understand why it being a scrap is being an issue for y’all. a scrapped track is still new material. 

8 minutes ago, alp said:

i don’t understand why it being a scrap is being an issue for y’all. a scrapped track is still new material. 

If it was scrapped initially, it must not have been considered good enough for the original album, and considering the original album in question is Rare, that raises a lot of questions about the quality of this track.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, every1blinks said:

What’s the tea on Rare? It isn’t my fave Selena album, but I don’t understand why it gets dragged to pits here. Spill! :gaycat5:

Because the era was simply quick and messy (and quite boring). It wasn't marketed very well to be honest (except maybe for LYTLM), the promotion was bad (the AMAs) and poor.

The era ended after few months.

Overall the album is not bad, I mean she was dragged for not making personal music but to be honest Rare has more personal tracks than Revival. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

If it was scrapped initially, it must not have been considered good enough for the original album, and considering the original album in question is Rare, that raises a lot of questions about the quality of this track.

Not necessarily. There’s many reasons why songs are left off. Maybe she liked it but didn’t feel like it was right for Rare, or already knew that Boyfriend was going to be released and didn’t want to have that much of a conflicting message in the same era. And that’s assuming this is actually from the Rare sessions since that seems to be up for debate. Artists save album cuts and rework them for different eras a lot.

Besides, would she really say “this new music I’m releasing absolutely sucks, so let’s use a different song I hate to start the era”? :laugh:

31 minutes ago, Sad Serenade said:

Because the era was simply quick and messy (and quite boring). It wasn't marketed very well to be honest (except maybe for LYTLM), the promotion was bad (the AMAs) and poor.

The era ended after few months.

Overall the album is not bad, I mean she was dragged for not making personal music but to be honest Rare has more personal tracks than Revival. 

I still haven’t watched the AMA performance LMAO. I see your point, though! I honestly don’t follow eras that closely anymore, I just take the music and run :celestial:

2 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Nah, not when Souvenir is on the deluxe. IF it really is scrapped maybe it didnt match and she waited for the better oportunity, this album is going to be more pop and upbeat than Rare. 

2 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

stained was scrapped and is still better than 90% of her discography

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Usually Selena's discards are really good songs. Stained was from Rare 2017. She discarded Grateful and Flawless which were too personal. Selena doesn't always make sense. 

I’m excited, any new Selena is a plus

• Thanks 1

i need an official ig post about it i'm so anxious ugh 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 9:19 AM, Rotunda said:

In Atlanta. There was a flyer that said “Single Soon?” in red text, with those rip apart tabs at the bottom with I think a phone number on it. I’ll walk by during lunch and take a picture of it if I can.

@Geovane.

cd8uUs2_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is why artists don’t want their unreleased stuff leaked. I’m sure most of them take those scraps and rework it for future releases. 

If it is coming on Aug 25, she should start teasing or at least announce it officially. She usually starts the roll out 10 days out. 

There is no confirmation that this is from 2017, but I first heard the original version in December 2021 so do with that what you will.

2 minutes ago, swiftsummer13 said:

There is no confirmation that this is from 2017, but I first heard the original version in December 2021 so do with that what you will.

Just the snippet or the entire song?

Rare was not a bad album, is that what this stanbase thinks? I think it’s arguably her most consistent, and songs like She and Souvenir were great for the deluxe but didn’t make the first cut.

Her lead singles can be hit and miss for me, but I feel like she’s coming for something fun and lighthearted this era based on how her social media presence has been lately. My Mind & Me was the seriousness she wanted and now she’ll move into something more fun.

7 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

If it was scrapped initially, it must not have been considered good enough 

... or it just didn't fit the album? Lana is notable for scraping amazing songs and releasing some of them years later.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.