H100: Morgan #1 (x16), Dua #7, SZA #10

B-Luke

Blank Space is her third biggest Billboard hit behind You Belong With Me and Shake It Off. Does anyone have the breakdown? How many weeks does it need to chart to close the lead?

Also, insane to think if the original versions were combined with the Taylor's versions upon release how powerful the singles would be.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Johnson

• pride4jc1222

• fridayteenage

• Ger

18 minutes ago, Exodus said:

Blank Space is her third biggest Billboard hit behind You Belong With Me and Shake It Off. Does anyone have the breakdown? How many weeks does it need to chart to close the lead?

Also, insane to think if the original versions were combined with the Taylor's versions upon release how powerful the singles would be.

Fourth actually, since Anti-Hero is comfortably her second biggest Hot 100 hit now :gaycat4:

Right now the ATC multipliers are a bit murky until the new Hot 100 GOAT list comes out for the 65th Billboard anniversary, but chartwatchers on pulsemusic think that it's currently at 759.8k points, behind YBWM at 768.8k. This week it gained 2325 points (on a .75 multiplier, or 2170 on a .7 multiplier), so it would need 4-5 weeks at #49 (or 3-4 weeks top 40) to surpass it. The gap between YBWM and Anti-Hero is at least 100k points no matter the multiplier, so there's no way this resurgence for Blank Space could push it into the top 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

Fourth actually, since Anti-Hero is comfortably her second biggest Hot 100 hit now :gaycat4:

Right now the ATC multipliers are a bit murky until the new Hot 100 GOAT list comes out for the 65th Billboard anniversary, but chartwatchers on pulsemusic think that it's currently at 759.8k points, behind YBWM at 768.8k. This week it gained 2325 points (on a .75 multiplier, or 2170 on a .7 multiplier), so it would need 4-5 weeks at #49 (or 3-4 weeks top 40) to surpass it. The gap between YBWM and Anti-Hero is at least 100k points no matter the multiplier, so there's no way this resurgence for Blank Space could push it into the top 2. 

I was hoping Blank Space could catch up to Shake It off potentially if it charted for another 16 weeks (even if it was scattered throughout the year) but then remember Shake It Off spent 12 weeks in the top 2 and 24 weeks in the top 10 and 52 weeks overall so :rip:

Cruel Summer top 3 :clap3:

Dance The Night and Vampire going up :clap3:

Snooze :clap3:

Morgan :deadbanana2:

40 minutes ago, naval23 said:

I was hoping Blank Space could catch up to Shake It off potentially if it charted for another 16 weeks (even if it was scattered throughout the year) but then remember Shake It Off spent 12 weeks in the top 2 and 24 weeks in the top 10 and 52 weeks overall so :rip:

There's currently a 150k point gap between them, which is insurmountable in the time before Blank Space TV unless the original somehow shoots to #1 and stays there for a month :gaycat6:

Greatest song of all time :clap3:

Edited by Steve Johnson

3 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Amazing! Does Pulse have this info for other artists too? I'm always curious and have to rely on what Billboard publishes.

I'm sad Anti-Hero leap frogged what should actually be her trinity (Love Story x Blank Space x You Belong With Me). 

36 minutes ago, Exodus said:

Amazing! Does Pulse have this info for other artists too? I'm always curious and have to rely on what Billboard publishes.

I'm sad Anti-Hero leap frogged what should actually be her trinity (Love Story x Blank Space x You Belong With Me). 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ycSIqRrI1lMiVtPQQM85G2P63hayLgHhZuICTv9f0Ls/edit?usp=drivesdk

Here you go. 

52 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

august deserves to rechart too

:cm:

5 hours ago, Gabe² said:

Whoever was managing Usher needs to be fired 

he could had been getting hits in the middle/late 2010s

Yes and No. It is obvious their main objective was to allow him to cross over organically to Adult R&B (and he has racked up 3 or 4 consecutive #1 songs over there), as those are the people buying tickets to his Vegas tour. However, he could've definitely been racking up Hot 100 hits as well. Othen than the Summer Walker collab, at one point he was sitting on shelved Ed Sheeran, Drake, and Skrillex features. :rip: Nick Jonas' "Under U" was also his, as well as some other Max bops. A missed opportunity. 

how can it re-enter when it has been recurrent for almost a decade?

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

how can it re-enter when it has been recurrent for almost a decade?

It passed the top 50 cutoff point. 

9 hours ago, naval23 said:

Hopefully - I think Blank Space has way more recurrent airplay which probably gave it the edge over Style

We lost! 

I think YouTube makes a big difference too.

Sadly She gave to style that boring not related to the sound music video.

While they are on pair on Spotify on YouTube BS makes 700k views Daily right now, style 250k. 

Edited by vale9001

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

style 250k.

More than Wildest dreams daily views :bird:

4 minutes ago, LCTV said:

What week of charting does this count as?

FyF5bU6.gif

2 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

It deserves the iconic 52nd week.

FyF5bU6.gif

Just now, LCTV said:

It deserves the iconic 52nd week.

FyF5bU6.gif

It would've completed 52 weeks in 2015 but lack of streaming ruined it's chart run. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.