Virginia argues a teacher getting shot in their classroom is a "hazard of the job"

Communion

and when teachers do not want to work in Virginia anymore it'll be the children who suffer the most. Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess their kids getting shot is also a 'hazard of the job'. Lawmakers are completely heartless... it's like they don't have a family of their own to love and protect. Laws should be created with the 'greater good' in mind, if kids aren't in that category then... smdh 

• Like 3

Then that means she should get workman’s comp right 

this should be  getting massive backlash

Okay, if its a Hazard...why don't they get a huge danger bonus? Equal to that of the police / military

• Like 1

The title from the Newport News Daily Press isn't helpful in implying this is a statewide position as opposed to just that of the Newport News School Board.

In the US, getting shot to death is a hazard of every job. Just going outside is a hazard of getting shot :swan:

• Like 1

I know you ******* lying.

Thank god I got my education! Lil Keter graduated and I ain’t goin back. 

GURL 

Thank God I gave up my dream of being a teacher

Very sad it will take mass shootings, strikes, and a systematic overhaul in education in order for teachers to get the respect/care/resources/wages they deserve. Unserious ass nation 

• ATRL Moderator

Teachers need to go on strike. This is insane. They’re so undervalued by our culture and society and I would cheer so hard to watch them demonstrate how f**king necessary they are by just refusing to work. 

25 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Teachers need to go on strike. This is insane. They’re so undervalued by our culture and society and I would cheer so hard to watch them demonstrate how f**king necessary they are by just refusing to work. 

Teachers would be decried as evil by the same selfish parents that considered them expendable and raged at them over remote learning during the pandemic. And Joe Biden will probably get involved if it becomes a national issue and he'll work with Congress to squash the strike and send teachers back to the classrooms. Just like he did with the railworkers. Just like he was probably going to do with delivery truck drivers.

Union-busting is the one thing that Democrats and Republicans will enthusiastically vote together on. You know, aside from overspending on defense. :michael: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.