Symmetra

Do you keep you ketchup in the fridge?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Hmm?

• Yes I keep it in the fridge
    • No I keep it in the cabinet
    • I don’t eat ketchup fatty

1 hour ago, The Closer said:

I’m a server and we don’t refrigerate ours at all :deadbanana: American food products have so many stabilizers and preservatives, it’s quite gross to think about.

1 hour ago, Symmetra said:

Now when I think about it I don’t ever recall putting ketchup in the fridge when I worked at a restaurant either :deadbanana2:

:skull: 

Ketchup are already filled with salts and other preservatives, so it's optional in my opinion.

As long as you store it in room temperature and away from direct sunlight, you should be fine. (I don't refrigerate mine, I just store the bottle properly all my life, and I have not experienced any food contamination related to ketchup specifically).

31 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

heinz is not sweet, what are you talking about :biblio:

we dont use straight up sugar in our savory food in my family so it is just weird to me :biblio:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flower moon said:

nope. come to think of it, its a bit sus that ive never seen it go off/grow mold or w/e

it has vinegar in it, that helps in preserving it without any addatives. i do keep mine in the fridge though, i prefer sauces cold, also i don’t use it that often.

Yes, it even tastes better cold imo. Like what's the excuse to keep it out on the counter, I would be curious to know what else sits in the open. Mayo, cheese? :deadbanana4:

I always put it in the fridge... although I remember growing up, my grandma would just keep it in a cabinet for months on end. And no one died.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.