Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

Decided to buy one last copy before the end of the tracking week :giraffe:

Not for the purpose of like, charts and numbers, though. I've been thinking about buying lossless digital copies of all her albums to preserve them for myself, just in case (as in just in case I unsubscribe from Apple Music, or she pulls down the originals however unlikely that is, etc). I decided it would be nice to start with 1989 TV (except the original Red, which I already have, because Red).

There's also a part of me that really wants to own lossless files for all my favorite artists' albums, just in case anything really weird happens in the world. They're like $20+ each, though, so it'll take a while unless I want to splurge a whole paycheck.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

It's the way She sings, "at least I had the decency"

Like, who else sings with such viciousness let alone uses the word "decency" in their songs?

3wPx8Fv.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I literally just noticed this, but some of the official photoshoot/booklet pics remind me a lot of the footage for the This Love TV lyric video (and the still frame from it that was used for the original digital single cover), with the wooden walkway in the grass and reeds. This one for example, where you can even see wooden railing that she's sitting on:

taylor-swift-1989-taylor-s-version-photo-shoot-2023-hq-13.jpg

Honestly I might use the highest resolution version of this photo I can find as my album cover, I love it so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

I literally just noticed this, but some of the official photoshoot/booklet pics remind me a lot of the footage for the This Love TV lyric video (and the still frame from it that was used for the original digital single cover), with the wooden walkway in the grass and reeds. This one for example, where you can even see wooden railing that she's sitting on:

taylor-swift-1989-taylor-s-version-photo-shoot-2023-hq-13.jpg

Honestly I might use the highest resolution version of this photo I can find as my album cover, I love it so much.

i need the detective swifties to find out which beach the album's main photoshoot was taken on...there's not too many environmental details tho aside from the fencing in some of the pics, some of the structures she sits on, the bench she's standing on, and the way the foliage on the sand grows :'(

Spoiler

nYO84fP.jpg

xCxoKTi.jpg

Pg4mvq7.jpg

QCgeoOb.jpg

UlZ1mKN.png

8jMphPw.jpg

These vault songs effortlessly slaying worldwide :rip:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Am I the only one who thinks Now That We Don't Talk is actually the perfect length?

I keep seeing people say it needed a final chorus, but that wouldn't make sense with the storytelling - the song builds from her feeling melancholy about losing touch with her ex to actually being glad to see the back of him, so going from that outro ("guess maybe I am better off") back into the chorus where she's still wrestling with it would feel super forced. I've listened to a few extended edits on YouTube that do that and it just... doesn't work.

Of course I wish it was longer, but it still feels like a complete fully-formed thought to me despite its shorter length (ala Mitski).

• Like 5

Style being the highest non vault song worldwide is so amazing :coffee:

Now that IION easily got #1, I hope pushes the other vault tracks to snatch more #1s 🫨 1989 deserves to be the era with many many #1s. Imagine we get: SIO BS BB IION + 2 more to match Katy’s 6 #1s from one era haha. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

How did I not know she added the Kendrick remix of "Bad Blood"? When was this released?

The same day the album came out, a few hours later! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dear Reader said:

The same day the album came out, a few hours later! 

Mess, I completely missed that. :skull: Well, time to bop!

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Mess, I completely missed that. :skull: Well, time to bop!

it’s better than the regular one :skeleton:

• Like 1

will IIOTN? be her only #1 she doesnt perform on tour?

3 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

well

Bored Over It GIF by Taylor Swift

They’re never gonna tank, are they?

4 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

They’re never gonna tank, are they?

At least 1989 OG will keep charting forever

Style TV and Blank Space TV are objectively worse so I  can’t blame them! And that’s fine! 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.