Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

This was the first album that make me like taylor swift.. I remember listening to this album running my second half marathon with strep throat... good times 

• Like 1

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

I've been spamming 1989 so hard since yesterday. This is literally the most I've listened to the album since....2018? :deadvision: 

Usually, I only go back to Style/BS/OOTW/Clean but ngl it is sounding better than I remembered :eli: 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

This is exactly how I feel. I was basically like “oh yeah 1989 will be one of the rerecordings, it’ll do well, the GP will like it or whatever.” Suddenly I have five CDs preordered when I never got a physical copy of Speak Now TV at all, I’m playing the original album like it’s my personal soundtrack, I’m telling friends to order copies, and I’m suspiciously into imagery of aquatic birds and the color light blue :redface:

This is so accurate :dies: 

19 minutes ago, ericlewis91 said:

This was the first album that make me like taylor swift.. I remember listening to this album running my second half marathon with strep throat... good times 

I love hearing about how certain music reminds people of such a specific period of their life. It’s one of my favorite things to hear lol. 

When 1989 came out I was in my final year of high school. Getting ready to graduate and become an adult. It was such a free and fun album and it was great having that soundtrack of celebration to listen to 

This really is gonna be one of the biggest albums ever I fear (The OG already is)

1 hour ago, every1blinks said:

You are simply my favorite

You got all the Speak Now promo? :WAP:

1989 is her magnum opus. I hope the 5 vault tracks are as insane as she says cuz least we forget she greenlighted Me! and YNTCD as singles.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, on the line said:

Recently was driving through the desert with sun roof and windows open BLASTING 1989, and it was a ******* magical experience. Can't wait for this!

I remember listening to Wildest Dreams in a sand dune in the middle of the day. :WAP:

A religious experience!

spacer.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LiamVillain said:

If 1989 was released with her current popularity, the album would easily sell 2 million copies

1989 made her current popularity

I'm expecting insane promo for this one. I know she wants the tv to outperform 1989 on the long run and that won't be easy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xokuba said:

No. folklore made her current popularity. 1989 was surfing on the back of her previous two albums that also debuted with similar numbers. 

5 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

No. folklore made her current popularity. 1989 was surfing on the back of her previous two albums that also debuted with similar numbers. 

this could not be more untrue -- ur getting it backwards

folklore and everything post 1989 was surfing on the back of 1989's insane popularity and the fact it was arguably the biggest turning point in her career's trajectory. 1989 really is not only her best album, but the album that paved the way for her total domination of the industry as we see it today. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

26 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

You got all the Speak Now promo? :WAP:

You know it, my taste came through !

spacer.png

• Like 1

20M streams (roughly +100%) after an announcement I- :deadbanana4:

Edited by Klein

Why am I certain she's announcing reputation at the final show of feb and debut on the final tour date (for release Dec 13).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klein said:

Oh they will. I mean they've managed to twist the narrative to make it look like she's a front-loaded artist. It doesn't get any more delusional. 

OTHs are truly the weirdest haters out there, trying to frame Taylor as some sort of flop is indeed the biggest delusion one could have. Reminds me of when Gaga stans were saying she replaced Madonna after only 2 years of career :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, xokuba said:

No, Folklore and the re-recordings did.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xokuba said:

1989 was just the beginning :gayriahcat2: she's so much more popular now. Which is crazy because she was everywhere during 1989

1 hour ago, PopA911 said:

:deadbanana4:

A simple ANNOUNCEMENT is responsible for this. I don't even know why i'm surprised anymore at this point :psyduck:

2 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Anyone else tired of Taylor Swift or it’s just me :coffee:

The fact you took time out of your day to type this up & post it shows you have mental problems. get helps sweetie & stop spamming every single thread of artists you don't like. Lowlife :heart:

• Like 5

Maybe that's just me but I don't understand how you can be exhausted by an artist when it's so easy to stop consuming their content. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.