Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

Out Of The Woods is great :clap: See when you have the original producer to remake the song

• Like 1

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

3 minutes ago, henryevil said:

I think Taylor's gotta be lying or fudging the details about some of these vault tracks. Like there's no way she wrote Nothing New during the Red sessions...

Didn't she tease Nothing New in that Rep magazine?

she sounds so off in shake it off??? whats happening 

Style got BUTCHERED, but everything else ranges from serviceable to great for me dddd :bibliahh: 

Edited by bluevelvetcrowbar
  • Like 1

2. Blank Space - honestly it sonds very similar to the original song, I doubt a casual listener is gonna be able to tell the difference tbh I thnk they did a decent job with this one 

Shake it Off being better than the original will always be a surprise for me

there are some truly bizarre changes in the rhythm of the vocal delivery in ALL of Max songs...

crying-thank-you-fergie.gif

• Like 1

the "STAYYY!" vocal chops on All You Had To Do Was Stay (Taylor's Version) sound so compressed its crazy. I think its because this leek is from a vinyl re-recording or something

• Like 1

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

Shake it Off being better than the original will always be a surprise for me

this is true, it has more energy

4 minutes ago, henryevil said:

I think Taylor's gotta be lying or fudging the details about some of these vault tracks. Like there's no way she wrote Nothing New during the Red sessions...

Nothing New and its lyrics have known about for years. 

3 minutes ago, henryevil said:

Nothing New is actually in the Lover diaries nnn. Unless She was already writing fake vault tracks by that point. 

Suburban Legends does sound super ME!dnights though. I think She could be lying about some songs, or stretching the truth. I imagine some vault songs were just half-formed ideas, not fully finished songs. 

Just now, ***** of Babylon said:

there are some truly bizarre changes in the rhythm of the vocal delivery in ALL of Max songs...

The "I've been there too a few times" delivery on Style... Girl

• Confused 1

For me the only songs where the OG is just miles ahead of the original are "All You Had To Do Was Stay" and "Style". For the rest this is a pretty nice improvement. I will be using the TV

2 minutes ago, devmachine said:

she sounds so off in shake it off??? whats happening 

No Max (or Aaron), no quality. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Goddxss said:

Didn't she tease Nothing New in that Rep magazine?

In the Lover diaries she revealed some of the lyrics, but the title has been floating around for years. 

Personally, I think all the vault tracks were at least started during their respective og era's sessions and then Taylor just went and finished them for the TV's.

This is such a great re-recording. She really snapped 

1989 TV sounds more like a remastered album than a re-recording. Everything pretty much sounds the same, but better.

I feel like there’s no choir of backing vocals like in the original songs. They added so much to the songs 

• Like 1

3. Style - :dancehall: failed to capture the magic of the OG song and its instrumental im sorry. Thats second "some other girl" doesnt hit the same and also " take me home line" doesnt sound as energetic to me 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.