• Welovetrouble

• Solaris

• Big Bad Wolf

• SmittenCake

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course this privileged self hating LA gay would say this. :zzz: 

1 hour ago, SmittenCake said:

whats also silly (more like racist and colorist) is him not wanting to date other men of color

Hip-hop artist steve lacy says he's bisexual—but would never date a black guy
"I still love them and want them to do well in life, we just won’t date."

https://www.logotv.com/news/dzq0df/steve-lacy-bisexual-wont-date-black-guys

eABfDHk.gif

Continuing the trend of black celeb gays not touching others black gays with a ten foot pole :doc:

• Like 2

Not him acting like coming out as queer is ludicrous and then in his next breath willingly admitting he refuses to date other black men, as if literally anybody asked, I- :rip:

Edited by CottageHore

26 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I’ve always disliked the concept of coming out

It’s like you had to justify yourself to society 

No one should have the need to come out, everyone has different sexual preferences and that’s okay

We’re getting closer to the day were coming out will be seen ancient 

There are anti gay laws in about 70 countries around the world not to mention the roll back on LGBT rights in the US, I doubt it's going away anytime soon but not coming out is also valid 

The statement of “I HATE being identified as another gay!!!” is always funny cause it’s like… :toofunny3: would you really be speaking up if that was the case

54 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Because you don't know his reasoning. Due to some of my own personal trauma, I intentionally only dated outside of my race as well. Eventually those feelings subsided. So who knows how much of that is personal vs. superficial.

Truthfully speaking I personally don't care if he wants to date black men or not my point is whatever reasoning he has for excluding black men from his dating pool is still rooted in antiblackness

10 minutes ago, Welovetrouble said:

Truthfully speaking I personally don't care if he wants to date black men or not my point is whatever reasoning he has for excluding black men from his dating pool is still rooted in antiblackness

And you're entitled to your opinion.

I simply wanted to offer a different point of view, on how things like physical or sexual violence can lead to someone making a decision like this. It's not always rooted in self-hate in the ways we assume.

16 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

And you're entitled to your opinion.

I simply wanted to offer a different point of view, on how things like physical or sexual violence can lead to someone making a decision like this. It's not always rooted in self-hate in the ways we assume.

Are you black? I extend grace to marginalized people because navigating the world as one can be traumatizing

Not atrl agreeing with him and bullying poor Shawn Mendes for years now to come out and creaming themselves whenever a make celebrity comes out, especially if they’re hot. Lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LustSpell said:

I agree. I came out once, but I don't announce it anymore like it's a big thing. I just casually insert it in a discussion now and move on

That’s literally coming out though, lol.

I feel like younger queers are overly eager to abolish “coming out” without stopping to consider what it even is. As long as gay people are a small minority of the population, we’ll have to “come out” as gay because otherwise, we’ll be assumed to be straight… the same way most people are assumed to like chocolate or cake or beer, even though there’s plenty of people who don’t like those things.

And when you come out, you do a lot of good in helping to normalize homosexuality to both straight people and other gay people. Saying the concept is “silly” is so pretentious, intentionally obtuse, and unhelpful to gay people. But this is exactly why just last week I posted on here that I don’t feel community with bisexual people the same way I do with gay people. Because I find bisexual people frequently say things like this, and it makes them unhelpful to our community at best, and counterproductive at worst.

If he thought being bisexual was no big deal, then he wouldn’t have treated it like a big deal. Someone asked him if he was attracted to men, he said yes, and the media reported exactly what happened because people enjoy celebrity gossip. There was no reason for him to then get defensive and try to mince his words or misconstrue what happened. He is the only one who felt his coming out was weird, or unnecessary, or whatever his problem is. If he was comfortable, he would have felt comfortable coming out. Instead he clearly hoped it would fly under the radar, and he was unhappy when it got attention. That paints a clear image of what really happened.

And where the **** does a bisexual person, especially one who is this straight passing, get off denigrating the entire concept of coming out? Maybe it seems silly to him because he can express parts of his sexuality without having to come out, but for gay people coming out will always be a very important part of our lives and our history.

Bisexual people are not gay. And based on comments like this, many of them aren’t even queer.

3 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

whats also silly (more like racist and colorist) is him not wanting to date other men of color

eABfDHk.gif

This is so unsurprising. He was clearly projecting his own insecurity about coming out, so it tracks that he has other insecurities and internalized prejudices as well.

• Like 1

There’s a whole separate issue when it comes to celebs and their sexualities when they are pandering and making money off of a group. When it comes to individuals however, coming out has/is can be a big deal. If everything was equal, coming out would not be necessary. In a heteronormative society where plenty of countries have declared that being gay is illegal and punishable by death, it is a big deal. Anyone who doesn’t have to worry about it needs to understand that they live a privileged life.

Once upon a time (today, a few years ago, a few decades ago) admitting that you weren’t straight could lead to you being disowned, subjected to conversion therapy, physical violence, or death. To say that publicly admitting your truth in a culmination of coming to terms with your own personal identity isn’t necessary is tone dead and ignorant. 

He literally refused to even acknowledge that being bisexual influenced his art or worldview. To me, that is pathetic.

32 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

There’s a whole separate issue when it comes to celebs and their sexualities when they are pandering and making money off of a group. When it comes to individuals however, coming out has/is can be a big deal. If everything was equal, coming out would not be necessary. In a heteronormative society where plenty of countries have declared that being gay is illegal and punishable by death, it is a big deal. Anyone who doesn’t have to worry about it needs to understand that they live a privileged life.

Once upon a time (today, a few years ago, a few decades ago) admitting that you weren’t straight could lead to you being disowned, subjected to conversion therapy, physical violence, or death. To say that publicly admitting your truth in a culmination of coming to terms with your own personal identity isn’t necessary is tone dead and ignorant. 

I grew up in Nigeria and saying you aren't straight can literally lead to your death, I am so shocked that people are denigrating coming out like what..... A gay black man was literally murdered last week in New York, I refuse to believe people on here are that ignorant of homophobia and why invisibility is not an option 

Edited by Welovetrouble
  • Like 1

eABfDHk.gif

He's not friends with Tyler The Creator for nothing...

IMG_5742.gif

• Haha 1

The way these ~soft boys~ like tyler the creator, frank ocean, steve lacey etc never get called out for their ~~~~preferences~~~~

eABfDHk.gif

Has Frank Ocean ever come out and said he doesn’t date other black men? I see stuff about this, but am not educated on his “racial preference.” (Putting in quotes cause a racial preference is weird af but idk how else to word it)

OT: I didn’t even know Steve Lacey had fans in 2017. Or that people still used Tumblr in 2017. Good for him, though.

If that's how he feels, so be it. I'm just going to give my two cents. 

I'll always find it strange how people publicly state that they won't date a race. I think I will always have an issue with that. I get wanting someone fit or thick, funny or stoic. What I don't get is someone checking every box for the makings of a great partner, but gets rejected due to their race...no one else finds that strange? 

i’ve always side eyed him since he said that he wouldn’t date black men :rip: I side eye any poc who refuse to date their own race bc it reeks of self hatred and internalized racism. like people are allowed to date who they want, tbh i’m over the whole discourse, because I can’t force someone to be attracted someone, nor do I care to, but it’s always been kinda wack. :michael: Especially when you publicly state it. Like okay????

That being said, coming out shouldn’t really still be a thing or atleast a huge deal. people shouldn’t have to label themselves or attach a label unless it’s something THEY want to. People who force people to come out or take something out of context and try to run with their own narrative of their sexuality are vile :rip: I hate how people forced that heartstopper boy, a literal teenager, to label himself when he didn’t want to. I ESPECIALLY hate the whole Jessie J jokes too, because she never really explicitly said she was bisexual. She stated early in her career that she’s been with women and people ran with it as her coming out as bisexual and even tried to out her as being a lesbian until she cleared everything up and people are STILL dragging her for it :deadbanana2: I feel like we as a society are too concerned with labels and labeling other people. who honestly really cares anymore

spacer.png

Edited by Bussea

No one is obliged to come out, and he can do whatever he wants with his life (including exclusively dating white twinks lol), but in a world where we are demonized, coming out let's people know they are not alone.

So, far that reason while no one should be made to come out, coming out will "never" be silly. We're not yet in that kind of world, yet.

Someone give this man PR training bc this interview is a complete mess

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Welovetrouble said:

I grew up in Nigeria and saying you aren't straight can literally lead to your death, I am so shocked that people are denigrating coming out like what..... A gay black man was literally murdered last week in New York, I refuse to believe people on here are that ignorant of homophobia and why invisibility is not an option 

All of this. I remember seeing the news of Matthew Shepard (it wasn’t much of a story until way after the fact but still). I remember don’t ask don’t tell being repealed. The first pride parade I went to was a day after gay marriage was legalized. To say that “coming out isn’t necessary” is ignorant on multiple levels. Either he never faced any sort of adversity for his sexuality or he is in denial. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.